FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
SupportGuy

Heirlooms for a Guardian Druid

Hey guys and gals some help here would be appreciated. I looked on youtube and was not able to find and guides on this topic. I plan on tanking with the druid and don't know which heirlooms I should use since they wear leather. Thanks in advance!

For armor pieces, you should wear the Stained Shadowcraft set or the Preened Wildfeather set. Previously, they were Agility and Intellect leather respectively, but now they are adaptive and grant you whatever main stat is appropriate for your spec.

Weapon: Irrelevant, since there is no XP gain, but Burnished Staff of Jordan is a good one to get. It can also be used by SV Hunters and BM Monks so it is a solid investment.

Neck: Eternal Woven Ivy Necklace or Man'ari Training Amulet

Ring: Admiral Taylor's Loyalty Ring (from Garrison shipyard)

Trinket: Irrelevant, but Defending Champion and Returning Champion are good. Swift Hand of Justice is fine too.

you might want to note tho that the xp (and the agility/strength/spirit) you get is much more important than everything else, so if you don't have a lot of money, you can really just put anything you want ^^ (even lower-tier armor, but not recommended tho).

On 9/18/2017 at 4:50 AM, genbag said:

you might want to note tho that the xp (and the agility/strength/spirit) you get is much more important than everything else, so if you don't have a lot of money, you can really just put anything you want ^^ (even lower-tier armor, but not recommended tho).

I leveled every caster class in the game using cloth heirlooms, all the way up to a Holy Paladin. It's different if you're tanking though because you'll take dramatically more damage if you're wearing cloth vs. leather. The armor rating is multiplied by your bear form buff and if you're not wearing leather, you're going to be super squishy. You're not invincible leveling up like you were before the stat squish.

On 9/18/2017 at 6:50 AM, genbag said:

I'll 2nd or 3rd or whatever this statement here. Recently rolled a Guardian Worgen and the XP bonus moves you along so quickly it is amazing. I had returned after a long hiatus and the heirloom gear notion was new to me. Wasn't sure what I thought of it since I love adventuring for new and cool looking pieces but with the transmog option you just level up, transmog your heirloom gear the way you want and keep on tanking!

For what it is worth I took

Neck: Eternal Woven Ivy

Shoulders: Exceptional Stormshroud

Chest: Preened Ironfeather Breastplate

Trinket 1: Inherited Mark of Tyranny

Trinket 2: Inherited Insignia of the Alliance

the rest I'm using questing reward gear until I get enough coin to add others but the XP bonus I'm getting at this point is enough to move me along nicely without leveling out of the zone too quickly before experiencing some of the cool parts of it.

• Like 1