FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
rezznator

Feral Resurrection

I just resurrected an abandonded Feral/Resto druid and was thinking about migrating to Guardian.  My question is which spec to ditch.  I'm more interested in the Guardian aspect and less so either of the existing spec's.  Just looking for some suggestions about which head to cut.

I tanked all the way through 5.0, 5.1, 5.2, and 5.3 and never once had to "really" focus on Feral or anything else for that matter. If you're good at what you do you don't need an off-spec at all, so my suggestion is to just do whatever you find amusing to play around with when you're not raiding.

I tanked all the way through 5.0, 5.1, 5.2, and 5.3 and never once had to "really" focus on Feral or anything else for that matter. If you're good at what you do you don't need an off-spec at all, so my suggestion is to just do whatever you find amusing to play around with when you're not raiding.

I might not have a choice in the matter, but I leveled guildless as a cat to 85 before joining a guild.  Resoration was something I wanted to learn as something different.  I was not great but didn't totally smell like never washed socks either.

Depends on if you want to keep up with 2 sets of gear or not.

This was the true pain all through Cata and early MoP until the loot selction option.  To answer the question, I do NOT want two sets of gear.  I will heal on a different toon if that's what I need to do.  Very insightful, didn't think about that one at all when asking the question.  Again, I have not played this toon in a heck of a long time.

Thx all.  I'll be be reborn as a bearcat :)

I might not have a choice in the matter, but I leveled guildless as a cat to 85 before joining a guild.  Resoration was something I wanted to learn as something different.  I was not great but didn't totally smell like never washed socks either.

This was the true pain all through Cata and early MoP until the loot selction option.  To answer the question, I do NOT want two sets of gear.  I will heal on a different toon if that's what I need to do.  Very insightful, didn't think about that one at all when asking the question.  Again, I have not played this toon in a heck of a long time.

Thx all.  I'll be be reborn as a bearcat smile.png

If you're going to be in a 10 man raid group, Ferals are pretty under-represented due to the fact that the encounter design will generally favor ranged, and if you're only going to have one melee, it's best to bring a Warrior or a Rogue for their unique utility. All the other specs of Druid are quite OK in 10 mans though.

As said, Guardian/Feral

If you are good at tanking, you will likely be playing guardian most of the time.

That said, you still need some imba dps to nuke things down while questing ... feral can be played with tank gear well enough to out dps your tank spec for quests.

Just my thoughts on the matter.

As said, Guardian/Feral

If you are good at tanking, you will likely be playing guardian most of the time.

That said, you still need some imba dps to nuke things down while questing ... feral can be played with tank gear well enough to out dps your tank spec for quests.

Just my thoughts on the matter.

Thanks for the input.  I will give that a try to see if I can offload some of the lower DPS pieces that I'm holding onto still and focus on the tank build.  Got through Silver tanking today, but it does not feel smooth yet. I will stay in the proving grounds for a  bit then move to some 5-man's before going into a riad LFR or otherwise.

Edited by rezznator

Thanks for the input.  I will give that a try to see if I can offload some of the lower DPS pieces that I'm holding onto still and focus on the tank build.  Got through Silver tanking today, but it does not feel smooth yet. I will stay in the proving grounds for a  bit then move to some 5-man's before going into a riad LFR or otherwise.

I haven't gone into proving grounds myself so I can't speak to their difficulty, but you should be utilizing LFR as a tool to improve yourself with tanking skills.  It is also great practice to familiarize yourself with the fight and it's mechanics.  When you move onto Flex/Normal/Heroic, you have the prior knowledge for boss movements and the room dynamics vs the proving grounds just staying out of fire and using interrupts.

*Just my 2c though

I haven't gone into proving grounds myself so I can't speak to their difficulty, but you should be utilizing LFR as a tool to improve yourself with tanking skills.  It is also great practice to familiarize yourself with the fight and it's mechanics.  When you move onto Flex/Normal/Heroic, you have the prior knowledge for boss movements and the room dynamics vs the proving grounds just staying out of fire and using interrupts.

*Just my 2c though

The proving grounds are pretty good practice for off-tanking. Lots of add and aggro management.

*Just my 2c though

That is my ultimate goal and I agree with LFR as a way to get the fights down.  The proving grounds allow me to focus only on my rotation and ability to manage adds and taunts.  I can't do tank swapping and that is where LFR will really come in handy or to get my guild to run me through some old content with an experienced tank.  Not sure who wants to spend the time on that, but might be worth asking.

The proving grounds are pretty good practice for off-tanking. Lots of add and aggro management.

I don't really see MT in my future at this point and really like the bear at this point.  The SD and FR mitigation and rage mgmt. are still concepts that the proving ground are helping with.  The waves start to come more quickly than in some of the raid mechanics, so it seems to help with reaction timing and awereness. ( http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/proudmoore/Feralclawz/advanced ).  Link to my toon.

I don't really see MT in my future at this point and really like the bear at this point.  The SD and FR mitigation and rage mgmt. are still concepts that the proving ground are helping with.  The waves start to come more quickly than in some of the raid mechanics, so it seems to help with reaction timing and awereness. ( http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/proudmoore/Feralclawz/advanced ).  Link to my toon.

Wow, you really have an Expertise problem.. I don't think I've ever seen a Guardian who had to gem for Expertise to reach the cap, but it seems to be legitimate in your case. FYI the most valuable stats for you to get on gear are Crit and Expertise. It's always easy to reach the hit cap.. not so much Expertise.

Wow, you really have an Expertise problem.. I don't think I've ever seen a Guardian who had to gem for Expertise to reach the cap, but it seems to be legitimate in your case. FYI the most valuable stats for you to get on gear are Crit and Expertise. It's always easy to reach the hit cap.. not so much Expertise.

LoL :)

When I started posting this I had all my original Feral gear and just did a simple Mr. Robot on my existing set.  Since your reply date things have changed gearwise a bit and I have had the opportunity to:

1) off-tank as a 3rd tank on the SoO Shamans - Hectic, but a one shot on the bosses.  The group wiped on trash 3x

2) replace a squishy Brewmaster on Nazgrim - Monk went back to WW and we got the win.