FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Ulathar

Setbonus vs Itemlevel:

Hey there,

i am struggeling choosing which items to wear. I am still running around with 4 piece nighthold setbonus because i skipped ToS. All my setitems have an itemlevel of 890. Because of 7.3 i now have nonset items for those slots with itemlevels of 910 - 920 each.

How "strong" is the 2 and 4 piece bonus compared to much higher item levels? Those 4 items in question also have perfect secondary stats (the set items have crappy secondary stats...).

Would you keep using those 4 set items or drop them in favor of the much higher non set items loosing both setboni?

Oh sorry, i am Frostblood :). (2/3 Frost 1/3 Blood in terms of "played time" and "AP spend").

In Terms of frost i can simply go to a dummy and hit it to see which setup yields more dps, but in terms of survivability i have no clue how to judge which setup is the better one :).

Edited by Ulathar

And in the same topic, you might also want to tell us what legs you have, what is your ilvl, what type of content you do, what is your role in your guild (if you have one), maybe even a simple armory link will make the difference ....

If you want help from people, you have to give us a more complete view of your character, and of what you do in wow, because very few people will put in the time to make a bazillion lines-long answer to give you a full overview of your stuffing need on the 3 specs, on every content possible. :).

To answer your question, for blood at least, 30 ilvls il a big difference, and bdk scales well with ilvl, so for your tanking needs i'd recommend you to drop the set.

For dps as you said, just get a dummy, but i'd bet even there if you really have a lot of ilvl to win, it'll be better than the set :) (i'd still try to maintain the 2P tho, since it should be much easier to do so).