FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
hardtokidnap

What can i do better?

Hello, i recently started gearing my warrior, and can't seem to do close to my sim DPS.

I've seen other warriors shooting up in DPS during execute phase, but i can't seem to come close to the dps they do. What i usually do during execute phase is having 100% uptime on FB, and dump rage right before BC. During battle cry i do the same, 100% uptime on FB, then BT, RB, Execute.

I know i lack gear, but as i said im not even close to my sim, so i must be doing something very wrong.

Log; https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/VJRCqcMdbvHNYQ8r

Armory; https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/draenor/beckypls

Every tip is welcome <3

Thanks in advance

• Like 1

Good evening, Hardtokidnap.

Before I address your logs, there's something I'd like to clear up for you:

14 hours ago, hardtokidnap said:

and can't seem to do close to my sim DPS

im not even close to my sim, so i must be doing something very wrong.

To put it bluntly, you'll most likely never hit your simulated DPS. The reason being is you're simming yourself, most likely, in a pure single target encounter, over a fixed fight length, with a perfect execution on your rotation (no mistakes made), all proper consumables, everything just tip top perfect. You'll never see that in game.

Simulation is just a tool; it's not a goal to hit. Don't use it as a number to shoot for: you'll be disappointed every time. Keep it as it's meant to be - a tool to determine best pieces, stat weights, and priority lists.

==================================

As far as your logs go, here's what I see.

• Your parsing relatively well. Your lowest bracket parse is 61% while your highest is 91%. This tells me that you have a general understanding of your ability priorities and this aspect alone is not your issue.
  • Consumables. Using one or two here and there might not really give noticeable difference. Likewise, missing one or two might not give noticeable differences. Having all of them, though, or missing all of them will give you a noticeable difference. You also want to make sure you're using the right consumables. For maximum output make sure you're using the 500 strength food buff (Suramar Feast), your Countless Armies flask, a rune, and using two Potions of Old War (one for pre-pot, one in combat).

There were a couple of pulls you had no food buff and, if you did, you had haste. You missed a flask on one pull. On all the pulls you did not use any potions; pre-pot or in combat. Every point counts and you're missing some points.
  • You need to adjust your talent choices for specific encounters. Unless it's a foreseeable, useful, amount of uptime you don't want to take War Machine. This relies on you killing a target and some encounters don't provide this situation at all. You used War Machine on Demonic Inquisition, Sisters of the Moon, and Maiden of Vigilance - all of which can't make use of it.

To go along with this, your legendaries are not the best. In the grand scheme of things this isn't going to make that much of a difference but taking the right talent choices and using the right legendaries in specific situations (Heroic Harjatan for example) can greatly increase your numbers. However having the right legendaries, in general, can give you better numbers. The shoulders and crafted piece you're using are glorified stat sticks. You want to try to get the helm and the legs or even the helm and the new ring (Battlelord).

All in all I think you're doing fine given some of your bracket percentages. I did review one of your encounters to check for rotational issues but, as expected, there weren't any major red flags. You need to focus on your gear (You want better trinkets, you want your 4PC bonus, and you want to get better legendaries). Even more importantly, you want to take note of the encounter mechanics you're going to face and adjust your talents respectively. And, lastly, make sure you're using all consumables when you can. It will only help you to have those stats.

If you should have any questions about what I've written, don't hesitate to make them known. I hope this helps.

• Thanks 1

Some additional insights as already mentioned above.

Regarding your gear: Try to get a Convergence of Fate trinket dropping from Elisande or the relinquished vendor's. It's still the Best in slot trinket for fury and is more valuable than ToS trinkets about 40 itemlevels. Second Trinket should be Umbral Moonglaives (Sisters)

Additionally try to reduce the amount of crit on your gear. You should aim for 14-17%.

Rotation:

Your basic rotation is totally fine, looking at the sisters fight.

Some small remark though you used the BC rotation: BC-RP-OF-RB..

Better use: BC-RP-RB-OF..

On your current gear this makes less difference, but when you achieve BIS legendarys and 4p you will need to use this rotation and better train now than later.

Execute phase:

You used: BC-OF-EX-EX...

The big mistake here is that you were not enraged. The execute BC rotation should be always begin with BT to get enraged.

Better use: BC-BT-EX-EX-BT-EX-EX-EX

I personally don't use OF in execute phase on single target encounters while BC is active. With the 20% buff to execute it is more valuable to put in buffed executes. Rather use OF while only enraged to probably get additional Rage gain. But that's probably more a thing what you prefer. I have no numbers to say what's better.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Sajakain said:

Good evening, Hardtokidnap.

Before I address your logs, there's something I'd like to clear up for you:

To put it bluntly, you'll most likely never hit your simulated DPS. The reason being is you're simming yourself, most likely, in a pure single target encounter, over a fixed fight length, with a perfect execution on your rotation (no mistakes made), all proper consumables, everything just tip top perfect. You'll never see that in game.

Simulation is just a tool; it's not a goal to hit. Don't use it as a number to shoot for: you'll be disappointed every time. Keep it as it's meant to be - a tool to determine best pieces, stat weights, and priority lists.

==================================

As far as your logs go, here's what I see.

• Your parsing relatively well. Your lowest bracket parse is 61% while your highest is 91%. This tells me that you have a general understanding of your ability priorities and this aspect alone is not your issue.
  • Consumables. Using one or two here and there might not really give noticeable difference. Likewise, missing one or two might not give noticeable differences. Having all of them, though, or missing all of them will give you a noticeable difference. You also want to make sure you're using the right consumables. For maximum output make sure you're using the 500 strength food buff (Suramar Feast), your Countless Armies flask, a rune, and using two Potions of Old War (one for pre-pot, one in combat).

There were a couple of pulls you had no food buff and, if you did, you had haste. You missed a flask on one pull. On all the pulls you did not use any potions; pre-pot or in combat. Every point counts and you're missing some points.
  • You need to adjust your talent choices for specific encounters. Unless it's a foreseeable, useful, amount of uptime you don't want to take War Machine. This relies on you killing a target and some encounters don't provide this situation at all. You used War Machine on Demonic Inquisition, Sisters of the Moon, and Maiden of Vigilance - all of which can't make use of it.

To go along with this, your legendaries are not the best. In the grand scheme of things this isn't going to make that much of a difference but taking the right talent choices and using the right legendaries in specific situations (Heroic Harjatan for example) can greatly increase your numbers. However having the right legendaries, in general, can give you better numbers. The shoulders and crafted piece you're using are glorified stat sticks. You want to try to get the helm and the legs or even the helm and the new ring (Battlelord).

All in all I think you're doing fine given some of your bracket percentages. I did review one of your encounters to check for rotational issues but, as expected, there weren't any major red flags. You need to focus on your gear (You want better trinkets, you want your 4PC bonus, and you want to get better legendaries). Even more importantly, you want to take note of the encounter mechanics you're going to face and adjust your talents respectively. And, lastly, make sure you're using all consumables when you can. It will only help you to have those stats.

If you should have any questions about what I've written, don't hesitate to make them known. I hope this helps.

7 hours ago, Milka said:

Some additional insights as already mentioned above.

Regarding your gear: Try to get a Convergence of Fate trinket dropping from Elisande or the relinquished vendor's. It's still the Best in slot trinket for fury and is more valuable than ToS trinkets about 40 itemlevels. Second Trinket should be Umbral Moonglaives (Sisters)

Additionally try to reduce the amount of crit on your gear. You should aim for 14-17%.

Rotation:

Your basic rotation is totally fine, looking at the sisters fight.

Some small remark though you used the BC rotation: BC-RP-OF-RB..

Better use: BC-RP-RB-OF..

On your current gear this makes less difference, but when you achieve BIS legendarys and 4p you will need to use this rotation and better train now than later.

Execute phase:

You used: BC-OF-EX-EX...

The big mistake here is that you were not enraged. The execute BC rotation should be always begin with BT to get enraged.

Better use: BC-BT-EX-EX-BT-EX-EX-EX

I personally don't use OF in execute phase on single target encounters while BC is active. With the 20% buff to execute it is more valuable to put in buffed executes. Rather use OF while only enraged to probably get additional Rage gain. But that's probably more a thing what you prefer. I have no numbers to say what's better.

wow you guys, greate replies. For the talents, i didn't have tomes and not any gold on that character at that moment so i didn't want to risk getting kicked while relogging to get them. I am aiming for better legendaries as i am farming invasion points and getting my weeklies done before wednesday, but i am always in bad luck regarding both looth (4p) and legendaries. I am glad to hear there are no major issues with my rotation, just the small ones that i will need to adjust for when i get 4set (thanks for that btw, i had no idea)

regarding consumables i personally don't buy feasts seeing it's so expensive and really doesn't benefit me at all in the long run, hence the haste food (31g per on my realm)

But when it comes to my execute rotation i was told by a guildie maining fury warrior that i was supposed to cap my fury for the frothing berserker buff and hope for enrage (?) when i fill up for the next frothing berserker, is this totally wrong then?

3 hours ago, hardtokidnap said:

But when it comes to my execute rotation i was told by a guildie maining fury warrior that i was supposed to cap my fury for the frothing berserker buff and hope for enrage (?) when i fill up for the next frothing berserker, is this totally wrong then?

That is one way to handle the Execute rotation, sure, but per Archimtiros's guide it's an experimental rotation. In the simplest of terms, you should just spam Execute for Juggernaut stacks (using Bloodthirst / Raging Blow to maintain the rage to do so) and when your BC window comes up, use BC -> BT -> Spam Execute. This rotation is very simple and much easier to maintain. For reference, though, I'll quote you the execution rotation explanation(s) from Archimtiros's guide. What your guildmate is most likely referencing is the "Juggling Frothing Berserker during Execute - With Tier 20 - Experimental" section.

Spoiler

Execute rotation
Best for short Execute phases, wherein the target is expected to die within a few GCDs, valuing the direct damage of Raging Blow over maintaining Enrage/Frothing Berserker.

• Execute > Bloodthirst > Raging Blow > Furious Slash
    • This is the standard Execute build, which simply to spams Execute to build as many Juggernaut stacks as possible before Battle Cry burst, using Bloodthirst and Raging Blow to maintain once rage starved. While not effective at maintaining Enrage or Frothing Berserker, the rotation is simpler than those below, because the rage spending happens on the front end, rather than the back, which eliminates the need for watching cooldown timers or boss health. This can make it more efficient, especially when dealing with unusually short encounters or variable timers such as Convergence of Fates.
    • Odyn's Fury should be used outside of Battle Cry, while rage starved and preferably while enraged, both for damage and the chance of bonus rage generation from Odyn's Glory. For encounters with obscenely short Execute phases, simply use it during Battle Cry as normal (~<5 stacks of Juggernaut).

Juggling Frothing Berserker during Execute - with Tier 20 - experimental
Raging Blow is used in place of Furious Slash, due to the loss of the T19's Taste for Blood buff, for higher direct damage and synergy with Bloodthirst. This means that Enrage uptime drops dramatically, but between Oathblood and Pulse of Battle, Frothing Berserker is very easily maintained at near 100% uptime during the Execute phase.

This is currently considered experimental. While it works in live practice, the sims dislike it due to the variance in strict timing over several thousand iterations, and ends up with noticeably less stacks of Juggernaut compared to the standard Execute rotation (above). It also requires keen timing, to ensure that the rotation is abandoned and Execute is spammed to maximize Juggernaut stacks prior to Battle Cry coming off cooldown or the targets death, or else damage is wasted. Currently it performs ~0.2-1.5% behind the standard build, which is a fairly small margin, and should narrow or be eliminated upon further iteration.

Ideally, you want to go into the Execute phase at, or as close as possible to, 100 rage and then rotate:

• Execute (100 rage) > Execute -> Bloodthirst -> Raging Blow
    • Use Execute to drop rage below 100, Bloodthirst to generate rage, followed by Raging Blow, and then back to Execute. If Oathblood procs and pushes you back up to 100 rage before using Raging Blow, simply use Execute again to drop rage, and continue with Raging Blow and then Bloodthirst. This makes the rotation more reactive than the previous version, but also has better potential for chaining Sense Death inside Frothing, or repeatedly proccing Oathblood/Pulse of Battle to allow Execute to be used more frequently, while Bloodthirst and Raging Blow benefit from their respective tier bonuses.
    • As before, when Battle Cry (or the targets time to die) has ~5-10s remaining, abandon this rotation and simply spam Execute to maximize Juggernaut stacks, before using Battle Cry, followed by Bloodthirst to Enrage.

Source: MMO-Champion Forums

Not directly wrong. This just doesn't apply for the BC rotation.

My experience with juggling FB is that it's possible with the normal rotation. I use BT-RB-EX. Due to the double hit chance on BT and the Ragegain through RB you end up proccing FB. After that the execute dumps some rage and after BT-RB it proccs again. I can't say if this is also true with not using the helm as I always use it. Sure if you have bad luck this doesn't work the whole time but within the fight I'm just not thinking about it. I proceed the execute rotation with or without FB.

When BC is about to come of CD like 10 seconds you dump your rage anyway into Executes and as soon as you press BC you proc FB again.

On 9/18/2017 at 9:22 AM, hardtokidnap said:

For the talents, i didn't have tomes and not any gold on that character at that moment so i didn't want to risk getting kicked while relogging to get them.

On 9/18/2017 at 9:22 AM, hardtokidnap said:

regarding consumables i personally don't buy feasts seeing it's so expensive and really doesn't benefit me at all in the long run, hence the haste food (31g per on my realm)

Don't take this the wrong way, it's just me being bluntly honest with you. Gold is no excuse for not having proper consumables. There's a reason this game has a guild structure. Even if you can't support your own consumables you can find a guild that will help when it comes to raid time. "I don't have gold" or "It's too expensive" is rarely an excuse in this situation because you're seemingly wanting to pull out the best numbers you can. If you want to do that then you need to be using the best consumables / enchants / resources you have available. (I'm really trying to ignore your "really doesn't benefit me at all in the long run" comment.)

I realize not everyone can make enough gold to invest into consumables when they're fresh in game (new expansion / new patch / etc). This is where a proper guild comes in; resources are divided, gathered, and created at a team level making the overall acquirement of such resources much, much easier and efficient.

If you know you're going to raid (whether with your guild or pugging), you need to prepare ahead of time with proper consumables and necessities. Food, flasks, potions, runes, and tomes. If you cannot guarantee that your raid will have the feast available, you make it available. The raid will only thank you for it and you'll have the benefit of using the best food buff available to your spec.

If you're not willing to invest in the proper necessities for your class and spec to perform the best you can then don't expect to perform the best you can. You'll always be short and behind others who do take the time to invest in these things.

• Like 1