FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Erthelmi

930 fury help

hey all 930 Fury warrior here looking for a bit of help.

On Goroth I am doing a bit over 1million with my ilvl and my two leggos I feel like i should be doing much more than this. Am I missing something? I believe i'm doing the moonglaives > battle cry rotation correct to get the last moonglaives to be under bc. any help would be really appreciated.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/23JC8AN1tprKnYPQ#fight=16&type=summary

Good afternoon, Erthelmi

Jumping right into the logs, here are some things I've noticed:

• Talent Choice. In the first tier you have Fresh Meat selected instead of Endless Rage. Fresh meat is only beneficial for the first 20% of the boss while the 2nd is beneficial throughout the entire encounter and, as such, is the talent of choice.
  • While you do have Moonglaives, you don't have Convergeance of Fates. CoF is a BiS requirement for the Fury spec, unfortunately, but it's usable at any item level. The increased use of Battle Cry will naturally increase your overall performance and make the rotation a bit smoother, if done correctly, when lining up your CDs and trinket.
  • Checking your rotation, you're casting Battle Cry and Moonglaives at almost the exact same time. This, in effect, will not give the burst of the trinket the buff it needs from Battle Cry. You need to wait 1 entire GCD before using it. Here's a cropped image of your timeline where, both times, you used Battle Cry immediately (honestly almost the same exact time) after using the trinket:

Glaive_Use.jpg

The first use was right at the pull and the second use was a little after two minutes into the encounter.

• Checking your consumables, I would make sure to use the 500 strength food from the Suramar Feast instead of the 375 Haste food you chose to use.
  • I checked your Frothing proc rate and you only missed it one time so this is good (everyone makes mistakes here and there; just make sure you keep maintaining the frothing buff)
  • Your activity time is lower than expected. For Goroth, there's no reason not to have 99% activity time and yours is at 97%. This tells me you missed a small handful of GCD opportunities to be casting something. In the Fury rotation there's always something to cast; there should never be a GCD that you're not casting something. Even if you wait 1 GCD to hold off for a CD lineup, this wouldn't affect your activity time by a whole 2%.
  • In your Execute rotation, I noticed your Juggernaut stacks stopped climbing. I checked the rotation out and it seems you chose to use Rampage after your Battle Cry was popped. Due to the such short Execute phase, you should've just popped your Battle Cry and spammed Execute the entire way through increasing your Juggernaut stacks and your damage done. You don't have Massacre or the ring so there's no need to cast Rampage in this phase. Just cast Execute, get your stacks up, use RB + BT to maintain the rage to cast Execute, and when the BC window comes up - go ham with Execute / BT maintaining the Enrage buff throughout.

I hope these little tidbits help. If you should have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sajakain said:

Good afternoon, Erthelmi

Jumping right into the logs, here are some things I've noticed:

• Talent Choice. In the first tier you have Fresh Meat selected instead of Endless Rage. Fresh meat is only beneficial for the first 20% of the boss while the 2nd is beneficial throughout the entire encounter and, as such, is the talent of choice.
  • While you do have Moonglaives, you don't have Convergeance of Fates. CoF is a BiS requirement for the Fury spec, unfortunately, but it's usable at any item level. The increased use of Battle Cry will naturally increase your overall performance and make the rotation a bit smoother, if done correctly, when lining up your CDs and trinket.
  • Checking your rotation, you're casting Battle Cry and Moonglaives at almost the exact same time. This, in effect, will not give the burst of the trinket the buff it needs from Battle Cry. You need to wait 1 entire GCD before using it. Here's a cropped image of your timeline where, both times, you used Battle Cry immediately (honestly almost the same exact time) after using the trinket:

Glaive_Use.jpg

The first use was right at the pull and the second use was a little after two minutes into the encounter.

• Checking your consumables, I would make sure to use the 500 strength food from the Suramar Feast instead of the 375 Haste food you chose to use.
  • I checked your Frothing proc rate and you only missed it one time so this is good (everyone makes mistakes here and there; just make sure you keep maintaining the frothing buff)
  • Your activity time is lower than expected. For Goroth, there's no reason not to have 99% activity time and yours is at 97%. This tells me you missed a small handful of GCD opportunities to be casting something. In the Fury rotation there's always something to cast; there should never be a GCD that you're not casting something. Even if you wait 1 GCD to hold off for a CD lineup, this wouldn't affect your activity time by a whole 2%.
  • In your Execute rotation, I noticed your Juggernaut stacks stopped climbing. I checked the rotation out and it seems you chose to use Rampage after your Battle Cry was popped. Due to the such short Execute phase, you should've just popped your Battle Cry and spammed Execute the entire way through increasing your Juggernaut stacks and your damage done. You don't have Massacre or the ring so there's no need to cast Rampage in this phase. Just cast Execute, get your stacks up, use RB + BT to maintain the rage to cast Execute, and when the BC window comes up - go ham with Execute / BT maintaining the Enrage buff throughout.

I hope these little tidbits help. If you should have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks for all the information I really appreciate it. So if I get enraged by doing Rampage and RB is on cool down and it seems like I shouldn't do BT so I don't try to overlap enraged to much should I do FS and the RB?

21 minutes ago, Erthelmi said:

So if I get enraged by doing Rampage and RB is on cool down and it seems like I shouldn't do BT so I don't try to overlap enraged to much should I do FS and the RB?

No. In this specific situation you should cast Bloodthirst as it hits harder than Furious Slash by default. Furious Slash is only used when you have absolutely nothing else, of a higher priority, to use.

Just want to add your broken stats.

You have a tremendous amount of crit on your gear which is the worst stat in the Stat weight table.

Your Stats: (Mine in comparison)

28% crit (16)

31% haste (26)

36% Mastery (51)

8% Versa (12)

You should definitely reduce the amount of crit on your variable gear if you have the chance. Try to achieve more mastery. You can check my log for comparison if you want.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Cvqpj94FTKLmHGYa#fight=3&view=rankings

Thanks for all the help. Finally got a normal CoF today hopefully will help out. Lowered my Crit and raised my mastery as well. Doing about 200K more right now. Not bad still have like 23% Crit need to work on that.