FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Mephisto

TellMeWhen and Dps macro help.

Hey guys,

I've just respecced from Demonology to Affliction as that seems to be a boost in dps from all the sims I have seen.

I only know what I've read in the class forums here about Aflliction so still trying to sort it all out.

However I'am a huge fan of the addon TellMeWhen and wanted to know what are the main DoT's, procs and generally anything for Affliction I need to be monitoring with the addon.

Also as I dont have Wild Imps or Meta anymore I'am not sure when to use my trinkets, potions and Dark Soul for as a dps boost like I did before in a macro.

I had a macro that when I hit Wild Imps it would blow my trinkets, Dark Soul and use a potion which made everything in sight melt for 10 seconds.

I'am not sure where in Affliction I would use a similar macro for a dps boost.

Thanks for any help given :)

Quit relying on this Tellmewhen addon thingamajig.  This would be like riding a bike when you're 16 with training wheels on it.  On top of that, Tellmewhen isn't going to read your spell power and tell you that you should be updating your DoTs.  Affdots is an addon that you should use to monitor the power of your DoTs and then use your decision making skills to update your DoTs.  You aren't going to master this technique right away, so quit reading simulation numbers (they're only partially useful) and get out and practice.  Spend some time going through your spell book learning what you have.  Just uninstall that shitty addon...it does more harm than good.

For your questions about when to use CDs, potions, and other fun stuff, there is an Icy-Veins guide here as well as my guide on the forums.  Both are excellent sources of information that has all the answers you could possibly need. 

Thanks mate, I did have Affdots going at one stage so I'll fire it back up again and look a bit more into it.

Thank you for the help :)

Zagam, is AffDots the only addon that you use or do you use WeakAuras2 as well?  I feel like I have too many addons and I'd like to take a minimalist approach w/o sacrificing max potential.

I'm not sure why everyone requires so many addons.  I use Affdots for DoT strength, WeakAuras for trinket proc notifications, and Skada for DPS, damage taken, add DPS, etc reports.  All other addons are fluff for me for background work, such as Fatality for death logs, gcg for gambling, oraid for raid leading tools, etc. 

ElvUI packages plenty of stuff I'm not mentioning into its base UI which is why I adore the shit out of it.  You really shouldn't need all the extra fluff some people monitor like Burning Ember WeakAuras or something to tell you how many Soul Shards you have.  Your UI should automatically have something that indicates those types of things.  Some people also can't focus their whole screen at once and need constant reminders, so they customize for them exclusively.  I require less monitoring because I am one with my Warlock and generally know what's going on at all times.  Trinket proc WeakAuras were never used by me until RPPM was introduced.  Before, I had timers that told me when the fireworks were ready.