bowsersfury

Fury Warrior Dps Issues

Sign in to follow this  

6 posts in this topic

Hello, 

I am concerned that I am severely under performing as a fury warrior. I can manage to parse typically in the 80s for almost every fight in heroic ToS with a few exceptions: Mistress, Host, Avatar. I'm currently 933 equipped and I'm not at all concerned about my stats... I know I should and could be parsing in the 90s. But I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. 

My opener looks something like this: Charge, Pop Moonglaives trinket, Pop all CDS, Raging Blow, Oden's Fury, Rampage, then start normal priority rotation: Enraged RB>100 rage Rampage>RB>BT>FS. 

I have recently discovered that I have been doing my execute phase entirely wrong. I just went and tried first two bosses of heroic ToS again. Parses went up slightly... Goroth: 83->89, Inquis:84->90 but still not where I need to be. 

Another think I'd like to mention is that I try to prioritize Enraged RB @100 rage before hitting rampage. According to Kelade (one of top fury warriors in US), this is 100k dps difference. Although at times I find myself in an awkward situation where I'm at 100 rage with RB on CD and I literally have to wait a whole global to hit it... I'd like to know how to make that stop lol. 

Last issue I'd like to bring up is this: Most of the time not all my CDs will line up perfectly together... BC, glaives, OF will be up but Avatar will be down. I'm slightly confused about when to use All/some of my cds... especially on fights like heroic KJ. Fights like Harj and Miss I'm confused about if I should hold all my cds for adds or blow them in the beginning along with prepot... I feel like prepot is a total waste without cds...

Below you will find the link to my armory and logs. Please Help me. I need to be parsing much higher than I am. My guild is doing mythic and I don't want to be the one holding us back.  

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/stormrage/bòwser

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/id/26903184

Hey Bowser,

As promised here's my answer. I will start right away as you have a good understanding of you class.

Goroth:

- Opener:

Your opener was: Charge-Trinket-RB-BC-RP-OF-RB-RP-BT-RB

I use: Charge-Trinket-BT-BC-RP-RB-OF-RP-RB-BT

Basically I don't think your opener is wrong as you stack the T20 4p x2 and hit BT, but in the slight case I would crit with the first BT and get the T20 2p to proc I would do more dmg as the 50% more dmg on RB will proc.

Second BC:

Your rotation: RP-RB-BC-RP-(0,5sec)-RB-OF-RP-RB-BT

Here I wanna jump to the Kelade section because this is probably due to prioritizing RB over 100 Rage RP. My personal opinion is to prioritize 100 rage RP. My problem with prioritizing enraged RB is, that it is only useful if you have the T20 2p proc. This would mean you have to change your playstyle through out the encounter. This may be possible on normal and heroic, but on mythic difficulty just forget it. Additionally you proc FB and stay there at least 1 GCD longer with 100 Rage which means your next FB will probably be delayed too. I have no numbers or sims to proove this but I tried to play it and it just feels wrong sometimes like you mention.

So back to the second BC. I wrote the 0,5 sec doing nothing than waiting for RB to come off CD. In my opinion you should either use:

RP-BC-RB-RP-OF-RB-BT-..

or

RP-RB-BC-RP-OF-RB-BT..

The 0,5 sec downtime while BC is active is a dps killer.

Collapsing futures:

I'm not 100% sure if this just fits nowadays but back in the time I used the ring it was said to use it only while BC and enraged to buff it. So you always align the ring with your BC if you don't have the temptation debuff on you.

Second Glaives:

You hit the trinket and immediately BC. This won't fit with the final proc of the trinket. Just keep sure you use the trinket and hit a Global CD in Front of BC. This really hits hart in dps meters, especially when having adds.

Execute phase:

You did well stacking juggernaut but one thing was that you pulled BC and proceed hitting execute on 2%. While only BC doesn't enrage you, you were not enraged with these 2 executes. Be sure to always press BC-BT-EX-.. to ensure being enraged.

Harj. and Mistress:

You will never break the dps meters when using Avatar and Berserkers. You should play these encounters with Wrecking Ball and Legendary Belt. Always align your BC with the adds. On Harj. they will come with the commanding roar and on Mistress the cast Burden of..

Yes you will not use your CD's in Front and wait for the adds. The prepot will be not useless if you take prolonged power which is active 60 seconds. That's the trick.

KJ:

Kil Jaeden was not my favourite until I figured out to hold my temper and control the raging fury inside me to hit this bastards ass. Like Harj and Mistress you definitely don't pull BC on pull. I've had some tries where convergence did reset BC until the adds spawn but this was 20% of the tries, so I don't do this anymore.

So be sure to:

- Take Warmachine and Avatar as talent of choice

- Take prolonged power prepot

- Don't press BC on pull

- Press BC and Glaives at first add spawn.

- Second BC whenever you want

-Transmission phase: Hold your anger

- Hold BC until second adds spawn

- Next BC when tank add spawn

- Next BC when ready and adds on CD more than 30 seconds.

- Next BC when adds come

- Rest should be clear

You can check my strategies and rankings here in my logs:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Cvqpj94FTKLmHGYa

An additional Remark.

Your parsing is well on several bosses. Sometimes you can't reach legendary ranking just because of bad luck with T20 2p. Your not holding back your guild when you parse at least blue in your itemlevel.

I'm open for dicsussion if you have specific questions to encounters.

16 hours ago, Milka said:

Hey Bowser,

As promised here's my answer. I will start right away as you have a good understanding of you class.

Goroth:

- Opener:

Your opener was: Charge-Trinket-RB-BC-RP-OF-RB-RP-BT-RB

I use: Charge-Trinket-BT-BC-RP-RB-OF-RP-RB-BT

Basically I don't think your opener is wrong as you stack the T20 4p x2 and hit BT, but in the slight case I would crit with the first BT and get the T20 2p to proc I would do more dmg as the 50% more dmg on RB will proc.

Second BC:

Your rotation: RP-RB-BC-RP-(0,5sec)-RB-OF-RP-RB-BT

Here I wanna jump to the Kelade section because this is probably due to prioritizing RB over 100 Rage RP. My personal opinion is to prioritize 100 rage RP. My problem with prioritizing enraged RB is, that it is only useful if you have the T20 2p proc. This would mean you have to change your playstyle through out the encounter. This may be possible on normal and heroic, but on mythic difficulty just forget it. Additionally you proc FB and stay there at least 1 GCD longer with 100 Rage which means your next FB will probably be delayed too. I have no numbers or sims to proove this but I tried to play it and it just feels wrong sometimes like you mention.

So back to the second BC. I wrote the 0,5 sec doing nothing than waiting for RB to come off CD. In my opinion you should either use:

RP-BC-RB-RP-OF-RB-BT-..

or

RP-RB-BC-RP-OF-RB-BT..

The 0,5 sec downtime while BC is active is a dps killer.

Collapsing futures:

I'm not 100% sure if this just fits nowadays but back in the time I used the ring it was said to use it only while BC and enraged to buff it. So you always align the ring with your BC if you don't have the temptation debuff on you.

Second Glaives:

You hit the trinket and immediately BC. This won't fit with the final proc of the trinket. Just keep sure you use the trinket and hit a Global CD in Front of BC. This really hits hart in dps meters, especially when having adds.

Execute phase:

You did well stacking juggernaut but one thing was that you pulled BC and proceed hitting execute on 2%. While only BC doesn't enrage you, you were not enraged with these 2 executes. Be sure to always press BC-BT-EX-.. to ensure being enraged.

Harj. and Mistress:

You will never break the dps meters when using Avatar and Berserkers. You should play these encounters with Wrecking Ball and Legendary Belt. Always align your BC with the adds. On Harj. they will come with the commanding roar and on Mistress the cast Burden of..

Yes you will not use your CD's in Front and wait for the adds. The prepot will be not useless if you take prolonged power which is active 60 seconds. That's the trick.

KJ:

Kil Jaeden was not my favourite until I figured out to hold my temper and control the raging fury inside me to hit this bastards ass. Like Harj and Mistress you definitely don't pull BC on pull. I've had some tries where convergence did reset BC until the adds spawn but this was 20% of the tries, so I don't do this anymore.

So be sure to:

- Take Warmachine and Avatar as talent of choice

- Take prolonged power prepot

- Don't press BC on pull

- Press BC and Glaives at first add spawn.

- Second BC whenever you want

-Transmission phase: Hold your anger

- Hold BC until second adds spawn

- Next BC when tank add spawn

- Next BC when ready and adds on CD more than 30 seconds.

- Next BC when adds come

- Rest should be clear

You can check my strategies and rankings here in my logs:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Cvqpj94FTKLmHGYa

Wow you really really gave me some amazing advice and I'm super grateful. I'm going to thoroughly analyze and utilize all the valuable information you have taught me. I have one more really important thing to ask... Mastery stacking.. Ever done it for certain fights? I've been looking at top parsers that have used this technique. They equip as much mastery gear as they can. Some of the top 5 parsers for mythic goroth for example raise their mastery to as high as 56% and dropped haste to as low as 23%. Do you recommend doing this? In your opinion do you think my playstyle would benefit more from having wayyy more mastery? Or should I stick with what I was doing? My current mastery setup puts me at 23% haste and 51% mastery. Currently in the process of testing it but it's honestly hard to tell... Oh one more thing! If you check my armory again you'll notice that am now using the Jewled Signet of Melandrus. I have reworked my gear setup around this one ring... I simmed all of my gear in order to work with that ring...Worth it or no? 

Quick Edit: Just noticed you have a ring equipped with a ton of versatility and some mastery... is that better than a haste mastery ring?? I have a 940  band of rescinded truths in my bags since like week 2 of heroic... (has almost identical stats to your wrong, but better :P)

Edited by bowsersfury

You're welcome.

I prefer to be at 23-26% haste. Tbh I never heard about Mastery stacking. I only use two gear setups. One for single target and one for Multi Target which I only swap belt and pants. More haste means that you probably have faster convergence resets on BC. So below 23% It felt a little bit lame.

I recently exchanged some of my gear from haste/mastery to haste/versa just because I've got an item which was +15 ilvl higher. Sure I prefer using Haste/Mastery gear but Haste/Versa is also ok if the ilvl is +5-10 higher. Or Versa/Mastery if your haste value doesn't drop too much.

Currently I have the setup: 26 haste 46 Mastery 15 Versa

The 15% versa does increase overall dmg ca. 14%. Mastery does provide slightly more, but only enraged. Additionally versa provides a solid dmg reduction which does help in mythic while doing progress.

Regarding Melandrus: I was using it until ToS was released. I personally don't like the ring as it has crit on it. You're right simming it but I would exchange the ring if you got a item which has +10 ilvl and good stats Haste/ (Mastery or Versa).

I try to avoid crit as much as possible.