FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Stan

PvP Class Tuning: Sep 26

31318-class-tuning-adjustments-for-june-

With maintenance tomorrow, Blizzard is planning to deploy PvP tuning for several classes.

Blizzard LogoBlizzard (Source)

• Druid
    • ShredShred now deals an additional 25% damage while stealthed in PvP situations (was 50%).
    • RakeRake now deals an additional 50% damage while stealthed in PvP situations (was 100%).
    • Feral
  • Demon Hunter
    • ImprisonImprison's duration on players is now 3 seconds (was 4 seconds).
    • DetainmentDetainment increases ImprisonImprison's cooldown to 45 seconds, up from 30 seconds.
  • Monk
    • Mistweaver
      • PvP Template Versatility increased by 5%
      • PvP Template Armor increased by 10%
      • Mana Regeneration increased by 5% in PvP situations.
      • Life CocoonLife Cocoon's absorb is increased by 10% in PvP situations.
  • Paladin
  • Shaman
    • Restoration
      • Earth ShieldEarth Shield reduces all damage the target takes by 10% (was 15%).
  • Warlock
    • Destruction
      • Chaos BoltChaos Bolt's damage is reduced by 10% in PvP situations.
      • Focused ChaosFocused Chaos increases Chaos BoltChaos Bolt damage by 65% (was 75%).
      • FirestoneFirestone increases critical strike chance by 65% (was 75%).
      • PvP Template Intellect increased by 6%.

34 minutes ago, Yridaa said:

Feral druids are having a really great time this xpac, both PvE and PvP.

That was sarcastic by the way.

I know, right? Was fighting a feral in BG, could just ignore him and punch the healer into submission whilst 'ol kitty pretty much massaged my back....but that pretty much was one of...maybe 8 cats I ever had as an enemy (which is also a statement)? The rest was okay.
Not sure why MW needed a buff, though.
Maybe I am just not experienced enough, but I real hate playing against one in arena.
But who is this wuggie to talk, not that much pvp in my lists.
Friend of mine always begs for BM hunters to get buffs...and I do support that.

Also can't understand buff on MW monk. It's one of most annoying classes to kill if you are low mobility like ret or dk and nearly everybody thinks their cocoon is one of strongest saving ability, yet it also get buff...

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Erialis said:

Also can't understand buff on MW monk. It's one of most annoying classes to kill if you are low mobility like ret or dk and nearly everybody thinks their cocoon is one of strongest saving ability, yet it also get buff...

I imagine it's to do with them being far below other healers at R1/Gladiator level. Of the 15-20 monks that are at Glad/Rank 1 currently on EU, I think 2 of them are MW (above 2400 - this is like top 300). There are 2 Resto Shamans in the top 15, 2 Disc Priests in the top 15, 2 Resto Druids in the top 30. I hope you can see where I'm going with this.

Monk is pretty far behind the others in regards to where it currently ranks. Perhaps this is just that nobody knows how to play it as well as the others, but I doubt it.

1 hour ago, Blainie said:

I imagine it's to do with them being far below other healers at R1/Gladiator level. Of the 15-20 monks that are at Glad/Rank 1 currently on EU, I think 2 of them are MW (above 2400 - this is like top 300). There are 2 Resto Shamans in the top 15, 2 Disc Priests in the top 15, 2 Resto Druids in the top 30. I hope you can see where I'm going with this.

Monk is pretty far behind the others in regards to where it currently ranks. Perhaps this is just that nobody knows how to play it as well as the others, but I doubt it.

Just by reading your comment and a few stats, you'd think those are the reasons:
-monks are the least played class atm

-priest is the next least played class out of the possible healers, but has two healer speccs and therefore a higher possibility to have more spots in the rankings

-monk healer is not that easy in pvp due to abilities? (please someone say something to me regarding that)

-the top tank healers are in business for a much longer time- therefore alot more experienced with their mains?

is this possible? I need more info, those are just ideas.

42 minutes ago, Suoson said:

Just by reading your comment and a few stats, you'd think those are the reasons:
-monks are the least played class atm

-priest is the next least played class out of the possible healers, but has two healer speccs and therefore a higher possibility to have more spots in the rankings

-monk healer is not that easy in pvp due to abilities? (please someone say something to me regarding that)

-the top tank healers are in business for a much longer time- therefore alot more experienced with their mains?

is this possible? I need more info, those are just ideas.

now this is just hearsay, i have no quantitative data to present simply qualitative accounts of friends who play(ed) monk in pvp very heavily. so its a "oh my friend told me story". please keep that in mind.

allegedly in mop monks were just gods in pvp. going into the pre patch for wod their toolkit got diminished quite a bit and legion didn't do much to restore/help it. so specifically speaking at dps and heals the feedback I got is that for mw and ww you basically have to work your butt off now to be mediocre. ie it takes such mastery of your abilities to be able to do okay versus winning with "easier specs" and less effort. 

so the feedback I got was they (monk pvpers) would rather win with a different class and less effort then struggle with the class they loved with questionable results. whatever a monk could do a different spec could do it better, easier. again, qualitative data though

32 minutes ago, Tri said:

now this is just hearsay, i have no quantitative data to present simply qualitative accounts of friends who play(ed) monk in pvp very heavily. so its a "oh my friend told me story". please keep that in mind.

allegedly in mop monks were just gods in pvp. going into the pre patch for wod their toolkit got diminished quite a bit and legion didn't do much to restore/help it. so specifically speaking at dps and heals the feedback I got is that for mw and ww you basically have to work your butt off now to be mediocre. ie it takes such mastery of your abilities to be able to do okay versus winning with "easier specs" and less effort. 

so the feedback I got was they (monk pvpers) would rather win with a different class and less effort then struggle with the class they loved with questionable results. whatever a monk could do a different spec could do it better, easier. again, qualitative data though

The pop data is from realmpopdotcom, no hearsay there, the rest is personal experience, a little bit of forums, a little bit of friends, so yes, the rest is a little conbased.

Your last point could be a reason as well...the few monks I encountered were almost godlike, I could not do anything against them, which could also just be due to countering. I can not be sure, that's why I asked for more info.
I just feel like...it's not done with a buff, it will just make the godlike monks better and not bring in more casuals to good players since they are gonna go for the easier speccs, as you have stated.

Yet still, that's just opinions from a mildly experienced PvP player, I want to learn.

40 minutes ago, Suoson said:

Your last point could be a reason as well...the few monks I encountered were almost godlike, I could not do anything against them, which could also just be due to countering. I can not be sure, that's why I asked for more info.
I just feel like...it's not done with a buff, it will just make the godlike monks better and not bring in more casuals to good players since they are gonna go for the easier speccs, as you have stated.

Yet still, that's just opinions from a mildly experienced PvP player, I want to learn.

countering can be a thing, some specs are just good at beating other specs pvp wise. edit toolkit wise, personal skill can make up for things in many situations.

also i agree with your buff notion. it kind of reminds me of why balance druid got reworked. awhile back in pve, the difference between good and bad boomies was staggering amounts of dps, not just 2-3%. and that was one of the reasons blizz reworked it to kind of normalize the dps distribution curve. so we may end up seeing exactly what you predicted, god like monks ascending higher and non god monks trying their best.

23 hours ago, Tri said:

so we may end up seeing exactly what you predicted, god like monks ascending higher and non god monks trying their best.

WW has had the gap closed fairly well - it's pretty similar to other classes now, performs well at high rating and definitely has some strong comps available. It's normally the favourite "alt" of melee mains. Blizö the warrior runs a Monk alt AFAIK at around 2450. 

The issue with MW at the moment is that it's just not good enough in 3v3 compared to other heals - it can still do amazingly well for sure, but... In RBGs, with a huge AoE cleanse, incredible mobility that makes them insanely difficult to catch with so much peel available, heaps of AoE healing and some decent utility, they are featured in most teams at high rating. In 3v3, Life Cocoon and running is their bread and butter. As soon as you catch a MW after they make a mistake, whether by using their mobility too soon or by being forced to use Cocoon, you can punish them so unbelievably hard. 

There's also almost a "need" to play Orc as MW for the stun reduction. A lot of them have quite specific team comps that they have to play too, like when Mage basically had to choose been God or RMD.