FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Banard

When to not listen to sims?

Are there times you do not listen to sims? There have been a few sims i have ignore because of the small amount of incremental increases. Examples of this  are:

(1) any item that is haste heavy that only increases my dps by less then 1%. I.E haste increase a bit but crit/mastery drops a lot. I just don't trust haste in sims and i am a human not a robot. I be of the philosophy that human error and haste aren't good partners. 

(2) The engine trinket (930)...its sims higher then the arcano trinket (875) by 1%...but those orbs! One bad proc....one missed orb....i prefer the good old reliable steady arcano. 

1 hour ago, Banard said:

Are there times you do not listen to sims? There have been a few sims i have ignore because of the small amount of incremental increases. Examples of this  are:

(1) any item that is haste heavy that only increases my dps by less then 1%. I.E haste increase a bit but crit/mastery drops a lot. I just don't trust haste in sims and i am a human not a robot. I be of the philosophy that human error and haste aren't good partners. 

(2) The engine trinket (930)...its sims higher then the arcano trinket (875) by 1%...but those orbs! One bad proc....one missed orb....i prefer the good old reliable steady arcano. 

I think it depends on the class you play. If haste is your number 1 stat then it will sim higher, however if ur only getting 1% haste and loosing 4% crit which so happens to be your second stat then no, I don't think its worth it. If your gaining 1% haste and loosing 1% crit then it'll be better to go with haste.  Also I don't see why you think human error plays a big part in haste, it doesn't.

As far as the trinket goes thats pretty much user error. It'll probably be better just to keep the arcano trinket to avoid user error if the other trinket procs are easy to miss specially if on perfect use it only increases your dps by 1%.

3 hours ago, Banard said:

I tried the engine and I didn't like it because it distracted me, so even if I do get all the orbs, I find it annoying as hell and not worth it for a tiny dps increase. The Cradle of Anguish is the worst one in my opinion. As far as I can tell, nobody should be using it at all, it's just garbage, but it sims super high.

Lately I've also been ignoring sims if they say that more crit lowers my dps, because I'm using Qa'pla and more crit makes the rotation a lot smoother. I'm keeping my gems and enchants on crit, no matter that sims say I have too much.

Edited by Khallid

On 26/09/2017 at 12:23 PM, Khallid said:

I'm using Qa'pla and more crit makes the rotation a lot smoother. 

I hate those boots and the impact they have on the rotation. Makes me spam the wrong buttons and i am too old to change my key binds.