FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
sankius

Afflic / destro Looking for help in hc progress

Hello fellow icy veins Devil warlocks

Yesterday we went through hc fallen protecters and i tried afflic for that fight since this fight is asking for afflic warlocks since you dots 3 targets and see insane meter, as i saw most of world of logs people are afflic warlock so i said lets try it.

but got shocked when i saw my dps at the mid of the fight ( since died at 20% of boss health) i was floating between 240k-280k as avearge while in world of logs i see most of afflic warlocks are above 400k +.

so if possible can i have some of your advice on how to improve my perfomance as afflic warlock in this fight . note that i was destro warlock most all of mop raids sometimes i go afflic but was mainly destro , i dont want to focus in one specc all time , i want to be able to play destro and afflic smoothly so i can switch to any depends on the boss fight .

here is our logs of the boss yesterday and my armory  :

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-w44u27kp9eatdg21/details/32/?s=14064&e=14653

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/kazzak/Sankius/advanced

thank you in advance

Best Regards.

Quick look: Enchant your ring and get those gloves tinkered. You are 200 about hit rating, lower this a little.

Those aren't going to make up th 100k+ you're looking for but they are easy ways to improve.

Your DoT uptimes are really low, mid 70's. The warlocks that are 400k+ have at least 90% uptime for DoTs. I personally find it easier to only track one target, say He. DoT his balls up then spread the herpes. MG back onto He until I notice some DoTs are getting ready to get the full benefit of pandemic or I get lucky proc's, in which case I hardcast more DoTs onto him and spread the herpes more. By only focusing on this 1 target, you are ensuring that your empowered DoTs are getting spread correctly with the right amount of time on them. I like to throw out Haunt everytime I refresh the DoTs on my 'focus' target too. Because this fight is so heavily dependent on spreading herpes, I don't find myself using MG too much, especially if I'm using haunt in replace for casting something.

Once you find a good balance of timing for DoTs and spreading the herpes, you'll notice your damage go up a lot. All about that micro managing!

Good luck on more pulls!

If you're looking at the 400k+ DPS, you might be ahead of yourself.  I put up a parse of 410k this week with a 559 item level.  DPS does scale with gear quite heavily.

Notes

-pretty clear your DoT uptime needs some serious work.  Mid 70% isn't going to get you anywhere close to 400k DPS.  This has to be your absolute #1 priority.

-your potion uptime is confusing.  39 seconds means you got 25 from one and only 14 from another? 

-NEVERMIND: I see that you died now.  That explains uptimes, potions, etc.  Biggest improvement to make on your DPS is not dying.

Your average DoT ticks were pretty low...Agony being in the 70k range and UA being in the 80k range while each of these should be 10k higher.  I can't see your armory to know your other values, but I'd suggest a heavy Mastery build for this fight (and all fights).  Your Wushoolay's was really good to you, too.  Each proc had a bit of space between it, then you got 5 procs back to back to back...then you died.  Someone must have fudged up that Mark of Anguish, eh? 

Just don't die, focus on keeping empowered DoTs rolling, and keep all DoTs up.  Remember, with PBI, you should have big burst windows every 2 minutes.  Your graph doesn't show anything outstanding at each 2 minute mark like there should be.

I decided to look at your 24th attempt because it's a long enough sample (5 minutes'ish) and because you lived through most of it.

First off, don't use GoSac.  It doesn't buff your DoT's, only your channels, and on this fight DoT management is the main priority.  Try using GoSup with an imp instead for this fight.

You missed out on a Dark Soul use.  That's no bueno.

Remember that with the new Soul Swap you want to max out the duration of your buffed DoT's before spreading them to the other targets.  Get some more practice there and your DPS should go up.

I'd like to thank you two for the advice as well, this is what we were working on last night, I averaged 350k+ at a 550 item level so there's room for improvement, I think i was trying to Maelific grasp too often and let UA fall off the targets a lot.

some of the things that helped were watching Reek's hp so I could max out the herpes on either He or Sun in preparation for the 3 adds. I dot up all 3 adds following it up with 3 haunt, 1 on each, since they have a shared health pool they melted fairly quickly.

the only other time I would stop concentrating on the bosses is for Anguish, it's important to get him down fast so that there is less of a chance of someone squishy getting pwned. He should die fast enough that if you've put high enough stacks on the bosses they should still have agony on them when Anguish dies.

I like to use imp on this fight too so that you don't lose dps on your pet running between mobs as you multi dot or you don't have to worry about reassigning him when a boss hits his phase.

I don't know if I'd use 3 Haunts for potentially low end DoT's on the 3 adds.  Unless you can guarantee that you gain full Soul Shards after killing them with Drain Soul, but in my experience I can't recall that they have.  In that case I would just maintain your highest damage DoT's on at least one target so you can SS from it.  Because Pandas are constantly disappearing you just need to recall which Panda is your current main target for stationing your DoT's on.

Honestly though, Affliction has it pretty easy for this fight.  Keep the strongest possible DoT's up on one target and extend the duration to max, then start spreading.  It's even better if you get procs shortly before one of the Pandas disappear, it allows you to refresh everything, then SS all of them to the new targets for maximum pwnage.  Knowing when to take advantage of Haunt is probably the toughest part.

PhilColins  thanks for your reply as for my rings enchant i am not enchanter i was enchanter before so the enchant was left on the ring, as for the gloves i did do thinker but seem its not showing in armory for strange reasons.

Zagam 

Thank you very much for you very fast reply , as i said before i was mainly destro for whole mop raids so i am not used to afflic dots mangement yet . i am using affdots atm and trying to check other addons for afflic warlocks to help me to keep the uptime of dots in targets.  as for wush trinket i just hate this trinket since i need to wait for it to tick till 9-10 so i can refresh my dots again and MG like mad. so in fallen protecters i was putting all dots in main target and wait till wush to tick to 8-10 and refresh my dots again on him using SS and swap the dots to other two target, which make me wait till i multi dots.

as for my death in last pull i was kinda panic when i got the rogue on me so didnt transfer the aggro fast enough and died.

Edit: my warlock name is sankius in case you want to check my armory in eu

Omaric

I thought that GO Sac is the best with heavy mastery built and multi dots fight will try super next time

one last question is it worth it to break my 2 set piece since i got the tier shoulder the other day but the day after got the hc shoulder from fallen so i am kinda confusing to break it or not.

Edited by sankius

Mmmmm, 2-piece T16 is pretty good for Affliction.  Not sure if I'd break it.  Once you get more comfortable with this fight as Affliction your MG uptime will increase.