Stan

Diablo & BlizzCon 2017

28 posts in this topic

SP3FYCFI8NPH1497645335344.jpg

Blizzard has no plans to make any Diablo announcement at this year's BlizzCon. Last year's anniversary event will be returning in January and Virtual Ticket holders will be getting an in-game reward and panels.

But hope is not lost! The developer team is hard at work on the future of Diablo, exploring what's next for the franchise.

Blizzard LogoBlizzard (Source)

Hey everyone,

BlizzCon draws near, and we wanted to give you an update about Diablo’s presence at the show. Last year at BlizzCon, we kicked off Diablo’s 20th anniversary by announcing the old-school cathedral dungeon (if you missed that the first time around, it’s coming back in January) and unveiling Rise of the Necromancer. This year, we want to give you a heads-up that while Diablo will be on the show floor, we won’t be making any new Diablo announcements. There will be a time for that at some point in the future, but that time is not now.

However, in addition to the special BlizzCon Diablo III in-game reward, we’ll also have Diablo panels for attendees and Virtual Ticket holders, and, as always, we look forward to a weekend filled with fun and revelry with the heroes who call Sanctuary home.

Patch 2.6.1 is on the horizon. Looking beyond that, we’re hard at work on the future of Diablo and exploring what’s next for the franchise. Please be patient. Our passion for Sanctuary burns as bright as the High Heavens and as hot as the Burning Hells—and we’re excited to hunker down and get working!

Until next time,
The Diablo Development Team
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

RIP Game... Necro isn't going to help this game for a full year+ without new content. That's really frustrating they aren't even going to tease something new.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone heard if we're gonna get more Torment Levels in 2.6.1?  Otherwise the game is broken for me.  I'm not into endless boring GR runs and with all the buffs in 2.6.1 all the Characters will be too powerful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, albabe said:

Anyone heard if we're gonna get more Torment Levels in 2.6.1?  Otherwise the game is broken for me.  I'm not into endless boring GR runs and with all the buffs in 2.6.1 all the Characters will be too powerful.

I haven't heard anything of the sort, but if we were to get them, I assume it will be a release to Torment 20. If they're going for more, you might as well add it. Lock T20 behind a GR100 wall and let people that do speed 100s in a 4-stack farm up their keys/DBs etc. as they wish.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, albabe said:

Anyone heard if we're gonna get more Torment Levels in 2.6.1?  Otherwise the game is broken for me.  I'm not into endless boring GR runs and with all the buffs in 2.6.1 all the Characters will be too powerful.

They said 2.6.1 is "finished" so aside from some slight number tweaks to perhaps balance, it doesn't seem like new torments will make it into 2.6.1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Yridaa said:

They said 2.6.1 is "finished" so aside from some slight number tweaks to perhaps balance, it doesn't seem like new torments will make it into 2.6.1

I assume that they wouldn't need to test new torments at all though, so maybe it'll release as a surprise. Super hopeful from me, but yeah.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Blainie said:

I assume that they wouldn't need to test new torments at all though, so maybe it'll release as a surprise. Super hopeful from me, but yeah.

And they forget to test a T20 vault, we enter, open Greed's chest and we crash the server because legendary overflow.

vader[1].jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Yridaa said:

And they forget to test a T20 vault, we enter, open Greed's chest and we crash the server because legendary overflow.

Gold and gems would truly become the most useless thing in Diablo, even more so than they are now!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Notoriousthf said:

And still no Phalanx/Fist of the Heavens buffs. Sad.

Yeah, FoH isn't the best skill. Crusader looks good in 2.6.1, but seems like they aren't looking at either of these skills at all. Saw some guy clear an 80 or so with 2k+ paragon, just in time with FoH build.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Notoriousthf said:

And still no Phalanx/Fist of the Heavens buffs. Sad.

You read my mind. I'd love to play these builds too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kaelos said:

You read my mind. I'd love to play these builds too

After playing Archon being required for Wizard for god knows how long, I'll welcome a change from it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Notoriousthf said:

And still no Phalanx/Fist of the Heavens buffs. Sad.

At least Holy Shotgun is viable again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Valhalen said:

At least Holy Shotgun is viable again.

Nothing quite like seeing those big crits as you slam your shield into people, eh? :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/28/2017 at 6:46 AM, Blainie said:

I haven't heard anything of the sort, but if we were to get them, I assume it will be a release to Torment 20. If they're going for more, you might as well add it. Lock T20 behind a GR100 wall and let people that do speed 100s in a 4-stack farm up their keys/DBs etc. as they wish.

Hey Blainie:

Have you seen a list based on what we'll have to Replace for all each build?  I started to research this myself but it makes my ADHD all kablooie.

I'm thinking all these 2.6.1 adjustments might cause it to be all-over for me with D3.  Re-forging a Legendary here and there is groovy but the amount of Forgotten Souls a person would have to Farm to replace an Entire Set with Ancients is astronomical.  It would take approximately 500 Forgotten Souls per Set Piece.  That's approximately 6,000 Per Set.  And then we'll have to re-forge some Legendaries too.

I play on the Console about an hour or so a day, and on the weekends with my wife, and I've sometimes spent over a month getting decent Ancients for a decent Build.  I've got 6 or 7 Builds that I've worked-on for way over a year.  This will probably make it more "Annoying" than "Fun" for me.

Maybe the wife and I will just replay Halo or Borderlands... sigh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't despair! The traffic numbers for D3 on the site are pretty insane, only second to WoW. D3 is a game that is a lot more popular than people imagine. Blizzard will definitely release more content or make a Diablo 4 soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, albabe said:

Have you seen a list based on what we'll have to Replace for all each build?  I started to research this myself but it makes my ADHD all kablooie.

So - firstly, I assume you play non-season?

In this case, the harsh reality is that the builds you currently have farmed may either stay almost exactly the same or completely change. For example, for Wizard, there hasn't really been any reason to have anything other than Vyr/Tal Archon, since it's basically just the best in every sense. With the possibility of a DMO or Firebird Wizard being top next patch, your entire Archon build will go out the window, assuming they don't continue buffing it. 

For Necro, the Pestilence set kinda sucked. For Group runs, Rathma and Inarius were best, for solo Trag's was best. There was no reason to keep Pestilence. It now looks like it could be one of the fastest speed builds, even doing solo 110+. As it stands, they're still seriously changing things and slamming buffs and nerfs here and there. We really won't know what to keep or what we need until it finally releases, because it looks like they're going to just keep changing everything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, albabe said:

Hey Blainie:

Have you seen a list based on what we'll have to Replace for all each build?  I started to research this myself but it makes my ADHD all kablooie.

I'm thinking all these 2.6.1 adjustments might cause it to be all-over for me with D3.  Re-forging a Legendary here and there is groovy but the amount of Forgotten Souls a person would have to Farm to replace an Entire Set with Ancients is astronomical.  It would take approximately 500 Forgotten Souls per Set Piece.  That's approximately 6,000 Per Set.  And then we'll have to re-forge some Legendaries too.

I play on the Console about an hour or so a day, and on the weekends with my wife, and I've sometimes spent over a month getting decent Ancients for a decent Build.  I've got 6 or 7 Builds that I've worked-on for way over a year.  This will probably make it more "Annoying" than "Fun" for me.

Maybe the wife and I will just replay Halo or Borderlands... sigh.

Well, if there comes a new build that is (much) better - so what?

Sure, if you aim to be high in the rankings, then yes, you need to swap.

But there is absolutly no difference if you play Greater Rifts 50, 75, 100 or 125.

-> You can just continue playing the builds you have atm.

And when you have found quite some of the new items required for the new Tier 1 build you just swap to this build (and use the cube to make the last 2 or 3 missing items.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Damien said:

Don't despair! The traffic numbers for D3 on the site are pretty insane, only second to WoW. D3 is a game that is a lot more popular than people imagine. Blizzard will definitely release more content or make a Diablo 4 soon.

Really?  Are you sure?  I had heard the Opposite so many times, I just believed it without checking?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Blainie said:

So - firstly, I assume you play non-season?

I've played a few Seasons but the wife and I play Non-Season at Home on the Console these days.

7 hours ago, Blainie said:

In this case, the harsh reality is that the builds you currently have farmed may either stay almost exactly the same or completely change. For example, for Wizard, there hasn't really been any reason to have anything other than Vyr/Tal Archon, since it's basically just the best in every sense. With the possibility of a DMO or Firebird Wizard being top next patch, your entire Archon build will go out the window, assuming they don't continue buffing it. 

Not sure what you mean exactly.  I have a Seven-Sided Uliana Monk that I'd like to Buff and I think I have to replace the Entire Uliana Set for that.  Not sure if any other Gear needs to be replaced on her.

I think the same goes for my WW Barb and my Leap Smasherino Barb and my Wand-O'-Woh Wiz.

7 hours ago, Blainie said:

For Necro, the Pestilence set kinda sucked. For Group runs, Rathma and Inarius were best, for solo Trag's was best. There was no reason to keep Pestilence. It now looks like it could be one of the fastest speed builds, even doing solo 110+. As it stands, they're still seriously changing things and slamming buffs and nerfs here and there. We really won't know what to keep or what we need until it finally releases, because it looks like they're going to just keep changing everything.

I thought this last 2.6.1 PTR was the Final - not true?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe I'm doing something wrong here, but I was trying to compare Stats on 2.6.1 items against the pages I thought were up at battle.net, and it seems a lot of these Items go to a blank page.  Maybe they're re-Gearing them for the release?

https://eu.battle.net/d3/en/item/bracers-of-the-first-men

https://eu.battle.net/d3/en/item/bracers-of-destruction

https://eu.battle.net/d3/en/item/band-of-might

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, albabe said:

Not sure what you mean exactly.  I have a Seven-Sided Uliana Monk that I'd like to Buff and I think I have to replace the Entire Uliana Set for that.  Not sure if any other Gear needs to be replaced on her.

I think the same goes for my WW Barb and my Leap Smasherino Barb and my Wand-O'-Woh Wiz.

You'll need a new Uliana's set, new Fist of Az, new belt. Rest should stay as normal, I think. 

I thought this last 2.6.1 PTR was the Final - not true?

As it stands, LoN will essentially die as a build for most if so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Blainie said:

You'll need a new Uliana's set, new Fist of Az, new belt. Rest should stay as normal, I think. 

As it stands, LoN will essentially die as a build for most if so.

I'm wondering if right after the Patch is installed, if we cube the 6 Uliana set pieces, the The Fist of Az'turrasfq and the Binding of the Lost (8 out of 13 is still over half the gear - and we'll lose all the Caldesann’s won't we? ) to get the new stats, and only get Non-Ancients, if the New Gear be more powerful than they were as all-Ancient 2.6.0 Gear?

Blizz should lower the Percentage Rate for Cubing, so it's more than a 10% chance of Ancients for a Month for two after the patch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By Starym
      The first in a series of Diablo comics is coming in a few months and will presumably focus on Lilith based on the cover art posted (that, or it's just someone's imaginative interpretation of a succubus). The first edition of the four part series is coming on November 7th and will deal with "Zealous crusaders and scholars" discovering "dark secrets about the origins of their world!", said secrets possibly being Lilith and Inarius-related. The comic will set us back $3,99 and is one of the "projects" teased in an earlier tweet. We recently learned another of the projects was the D3 Switch port, but there's still something being announced at BlizzCon, so let's all keep our collective fingers crossed for a D4 announcement, even if it's years and years away.

    • By Starym
      As some expected, Diablo 3 will be coming to Nintendo Switch later this year. There was a bit of a leak today, as Forbes published an article that was scheduled for release tomorrow and then quickly took it down, but Kotaku caught the leak.
      Unfortunately this is probably one of the "several Diablo projects" Nevalistis mentioned in a teasing tweet a while ago, so it remains to be seen what else exactly we have to look forward to in the franchise and if there will be any significant new announcements at BlizzCon.
      Meanwhile, the Switch edition, already released under the Eternal Collection for other platforms, will cost $59,99 and include all current content, meaning Reaper of Souls, Rise of the Necromancer and all other patches released so far, as well as a (presumably exclusive) armor set that looks like Ganondorf from The Legend of Zelda. As appropriate for the Switch, the game will also have many co-op options, from 4 players playing on the same console, to each player playing on a separate Switch but without needing to be online, and then of course, a regular online mode.
      Also, this is the first Blizzard game in 15 years to arrive on a Nintendo platform (with the last one being the "Blizzard's Classic Arcade" pack for the Gameboy Advance, including Rock 'n' Roll Racing, Blackthorne and Lost Vikings).
      We'll get the official announcement tomorrow (presumably) and hopefully we'll get to see the Gangondorf armor look then.

      Thanks to MMOChampion for catching the news.
    • By Starym
      Yesterday's leak proved correct and we now have all the info regarding the Diablo 3 Switch port! There's more cosmetics to be had in addition to the Ganondorf transmog, including wings, a portrait frame and Cucco pet!
      And we can now finally see the Zelda themed transmog set, pet and portrait frame:

      And the aforementioned co-op functionality:

      Check out the full details on the official page.
      The Switch port brings a new pet, transmog and portrait frame, as well as impressive co-op options.
    • By Stan
      Blizzard confirmed they're working on multiple new Diablo projects and they will share more details later this year (probably at BlizzCon).
      In the latest video about Diablo released on Youtube, Associate Community Manager Brandy "Nevalistis" Camel confirmed that the team's working on more Diablo projects and they'll have more information to share later this year. She also briefly mentions Themed Seasons and it's likely they'll come up with a new theme for Season 15.
    • By Stan
      Save up to 50% off on select Diablo digital products until July 23, 2018. 
      Season 14 is in full swing and there's an ongoing sale through July 23. All digital versions of the game can be purchased at a 50% discount. If you want to introduce a friend to the game, now's a good time do so (gifting option available). For recommended builds, check out Deadseat's Season 14 Compendium.
      Americas
      Title Price Links Diablo III USD 9.99 19.99 Buy // Gift Diablo III: Reaper of Souls USD 9.99 19.99 Buy // Gift Diablo III: Battle Chest USD 19.98 29.99
      Buy // Gift Rise of the Necromancer DLC USD 9.99 14.99 Buy // Gift Europe
      Title Price Links Diablo III EUR 9.99 19.99 Buy // Gift Diablo III: Reaper of Souls EUR 9.99 19.99 Buy // Gift Diablo III: Battle Chest EUR 19.98 29.99
      Buy // Gift Rise of the Necromancer DLC EUR 9.99 14.99 Buy // Gift