FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Strife

Aff Soulswap Theorycrafter question

Okay this is something I've been thinking about with the way the new SS works and how dots don't tick while you are holding them.

Let's say you have a fight like protectors. You do your normal opening, and when your Wush or BB hits 10 stacks, you have your max empowered dots.

Now in the case of Protectors for me this means, 10 Wush, Breath of Hydra, Meta Gem, Potion, Jade Spirit, Lust, Berserking, Darksoul, obviously it's a very strong set of dots.

Should you continue just inhaling/exhaling these dots as long as possible because they are so strong, and re-spread them to the same targets again?

You could even inhale, cast a Haunt, then exhale to get Haunts in while retaining dot timers as well. And add in a SoC (non SB) that can be carried as well for additional AoE.

Basically what is the proper rotation on high health multi-target type fights, is it better to extend the duration of dots now that damage was taken out of MG, and throwing in haunts in between the time you have to inhale/exhale, or once all the dots are spread do you just MG main target? Is continueing to use 2 globals to keep these very strong dots up for max duration worth the dps loss of MG on one target for two ticks?

Example:

cM7kPsY.jpg

Edited by Strife

In a fight like Protectors I personally recommend Haunting all 3 targets once you have your super DoT's up and running.  Your DoT's will likely never be that powerful again for the duration of the fight, so maximize the damage they do with Haunt.

It all happens really fast, I wouldn't worry about losing any Haunt uptime while your SS'ing the remaining targets.  The Haunts will get their full initial duration in.

For Protectors, I maximize DoTs this way...

Prepot - Curse of Elements (glyphed so it hits all 3) - Dark Soul - Soulburn:Soul Swap - Haunt - MG x 2 - Agony - UA - Corruption - Soulburn:Soul Swap (this happens when Wush and BBoY hit 10 stack).  Then I Inhale, tab, Exhale, Haunt, Inhale, tab, Exhale, Haunt, back to Rook, MG.  I let all these DoTs run their complete course before I reapply anything.  When UA wears off, I reapply that on all 3 targets.  When Corr wears off, I reapply that to all 3 targets.  I just let Agony run its course on the other two while I stay on Rook.  When Rook's Agony is about to wear off (usually within first set of Desperate Measures), I reapply then spread to all the Pandas as well as all 3 Embodied adds.  By this time, I've cooled off to like 900k DPS, but it gets the fight rolling.  I also inadvertently push He and Sun into their phases at the same time because of how hard and how fast my DoTs are ticking.  Opening at 1.5M DPS is pretty significant.

The reason for me applying individual DoTs during opener is to extend time via Pandemic when I Soulburn:Soul Swap when everything is max loaded.  Otherwise, UA will wear off or be really low in duration by the time you want to spread.  I don't care about my DPS while my trinkets are loading up.  I care about that 1 second window when Armageddon is in my fingertips.

Looks legit to me.  I hate swapping Wush in due to the Hit rating dancing you have to do, so I use PBI and UVLS instead.  In that case refreshing multiple times before spreading is unnecessary, but Strife is using Wush anyway so....

For Protectors, I maximize DoTs this way...

Prepot - Curse of Elements (glyphed so it hits all 3) - Dark Soul - Soulburn:Soul Swap - Haunt - MG x 2 - Agony - UA - Corruption - Soulburn:Soul Swap (this happens when Wush and BBoY hit 10 stack).  Then I Inhale, tab, Exhale, Haunt, Inhale, tab, Exhale, Haunt, back to Rook, MG.  I let all these DoTs run their complete course before I reapply anything.  When UA wears off, I reapply that on all 3 targets.  When Corr wears off, I reapply that to all 3 targets.  I just let Agony run its course on the other two while I stay on Rook.  When Rook's Agony is about to wear off (usually within first set of Desperate Measures), I reapply then spread to all the Pandas as well as all 3 Embodied adds.  By this time, I've cooled off to like 900k DPS, but it gets the fight rolling.  I also inadvertently push He and Sun into their phases at the same time because of how hard and how fast my DoTs are ticking.  Opening at 1.5M DPS is pretty significant.

The reason for me applying individual DoTs during opener is to extend time via Pandemic when I Soulburn:Soul Swap when everything is max loaded.  Otherwise, UA will wear off or be really low in duration by the time you want to spread.  I don't care about my DPS while my trinkets are loading up.  I care about that 1 second window when Armageddon is in my fingertips.

I do that somewhat for the opener, I just wasn't sure what was optimal after you hit 10 wush, SB:SS, and start spreading.

My opener is usually Prepot, CoE, TerrorGuard, Dark Soul, Hard cast the 3 dots, Haunt, MG until almost 10 Wush, then SB:SS for max duration pandemic dots. Then I spread them like usual, go back to MT and re-Haunt. At this point I wasn't sure if it was better to MG channel one target, or continue to Inhale/Exhale to extend the dot duration though was the main question.

But that's a good point Omaric, I guess I should Haunt all 3 targets because the dots are so strong, usually I save all my shards for whatever the MT is we are burning, and just make sure dots are up on the rest.

My main question was more in regards to is it worth it to extend the duration of all your dots by re-cycling depending on how many adds there are, not necessarily the opener. The time = 0 in that little graph I put on was just an example once you have max duration empowered dots, not necessarily the opener of the fight. So like 4+ adds it's worth it to keep inhaling/exhaling already dotted mobs with very strong dots, where less than 4 it's not worth it and you should just channel MG or hardcast UA kind of thing as an example (not saying this is right, just wondering if anyone has run numbers on it).

Since as the number of mobs increases, the longer you can extend the duration on empowered dots on multiple mobs, I was just assuming there's a certain number of mobs where it may be better to keep inhaling/exhaling instead of channeling something or single target recasting UA instead of using 2 globals to extend the duration of all 3 dots by however many adds there are x 1 sec.

Hopefully I explained that correctly, it's not a question on the opener, but a question of what is optimal to do with the max pandemic max power dots after the opener in high add fights after you have soulswapped everything once.

Edited by Strife

Take your spreadsheet out until they expire. SSing them between the four targets to extend the empowered dots. 

Then compare to Zagam's scenario with 35% increased damage from Haunt on the three targets + MG (30 or 45% w/ 2p dot damage ~per second) on your main target and compare the difference between them based on how many dot ticks you get in a given time.

May also want to compare to waiting a second or two (Inhale lasts 3 sec) after the first application to extend 'em even further. Inhale, wait 2 sec, exhale, inhale, wait 2 sec, exhale. Use this time to apply Haunt to the targets.

Edited by Rakupenda

Take your spreadsheet out until they expire. SSing them between the four targets to extend the empowered dots. 

Then compare to Zagam's scenario with 35% increased damage from Haunt on the three targets + MG (30 or 45% w/ 2p dot damage ~per second) on your main target and compare the difference between them based on how many dot ticks you get in a given time.

May also want to compare to waiting a second or two (Inhale lasts 3 sec) after the first application to extend 'em even further. Inhale, wait 2 sec, exhale, inhale, wait 2 sec, exhale. Use this time to apply Haunt to the targets.

Yea I was thinking of the inhale -> haunt -> exhale on each mob after you cycle through them a 2nd time. Protectors can get a bit wierd with the DMs, but say a pure council fight like Elders in ToT would be an example of 4 constant mobs. Maybe I'll look into it more later then with actual numbers, just threw that together at work on some downtime.