FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Valks

What class are you rolling in S12?

So, there's heaps of new class changes that have been popping up for 2.6.1 which means plenty of new builds. 

What are you thinking of taking as your starting class?

I'm looking at Wizard, as per usual, and Necro. Given that Trag's is the first set for Necro, though - I don't think I can face another season of Blood Lance elite hunting, regardless of being able to do 105s.

I'm going back to my dear Witch Doctor because of the Changes to Soul HarvestSoul Harvest and Jade Harvester getting a solid buff!

Spent season 11 with Necromancer and as cool as the class is, I now despise the Essence mechanic because any Skeletal Mage build pretty much Cuts you off from decently farming bounties :/

I'm curious to see how the monks will do after the insanity buffs as well as seeing how the 4man meta develops! (5 seasons with no change save for Necro gets old)

1 hour ago, Arkpit said:

Spent season 11 with Necromancer and as cool as the class is, I now despise the Essence mechanic because any Skeletal Mage build pretty much Cuts you off from decently farming bounties :/

Yep. Just farming globes in GRs with Rathma Mages, spamming for 10 and praying your zBarb/zNecro generate enough for you. I was super hyped for some of the Necro skills, shame none of them made it into the decent builds. 

1 hour ago, Arkpit said:

I'm curious to see how the monks will do after the insanity buffs as well as seeing how the 4man meta develops! (5 seasons with no change save for Necro gets old)

It'd be nice if they gave each class a proper zDPS build. Barb has it, Monk has it, Necro has it. They should buff it properly for WD/Wiz/Crusader and you might see different pairings appearing. It's not exactly fun seeing every speed 100+ group being double Rathma, zNecro and zBarb or zMonk. Would be nice to buff the Steed from Crusader to be better for grouping mobs, maybe to rival the Monk slot. zWizard could have Twisters CC buffed to rival zBarb pulling, especially with Aether teleporting being so good for moving ahead of your Necro. The DPS slot seems to change somewhat, but that support slot is always stuck on the same things.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Blainie said:

It'd be nice if they gave each class a proper zDPS build. Barb has it, Monk has it, Necro has it.

I really enjoyed playing zDPS Witch Doctor back when you could perma stun and boost damage :/

4 hours ago, Arkpit said:

I really enjoyed playing zDPS Witch Doctor back when you could perma stun and boost damage :/

Yep. With the introduction of DR on stuns etc., it just completely ruined the need for any kind of CC-based zDPS, hence why top pushing groups are always Barb/Monk, because they just stack rather than CC. Fine, you have Necro for speed GRs, but things die fast enough at GR100 to not need perma stun. Land of the Dead is easily long enough.

13 hours ago, DracoInferno said:

I am really enjoying Necromancer but I am looking at running Demon Hunter again as I really love that class.

Should be a good season to be DH if you like playing Multishot - it hasn't been GR viable in ages, but here we go apparently!

• Thanks 1

Gonna rebirth my beloved Barb that I created at ground zero for the game back in 2012. He'll be HOTA all the way with the new crazy buffs.