FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Wobrig

Afflic/destro wasting?

Hi guy,

I have been running afflic/demo since the start of 5.4 with a haste cap of 9778 ish for the afflic ticks, but with the changes made to demo and after killing more raid bosses im thinking afflic/destro would be better for my raid team. Do i stick with the 9778 haste or is it a waste for destro and should move to a lower haste cap? Think im around 12k mastery just now. Also just now know one in our raid team has the reforge mount so cant really change every respec. 

Thanks

At 2012 haste, you get 1 additional tick of Immo. So you can go as low as that. The next threshold is too high (~10k) to reach without neglecting too much Crit.

However, I'm not sure what to aim for Crit% before dumping everything into Mastery.

Edited by Wolland

If you're going to bounce back and forth between Destro and Aff, you will only be able to optimize one of them unless you constantly reforge.  9778 Haste is optimal for Affliction, but as little Haste as possible is optimal for Destruction.  Mastery is absolute king, so gem and enchant that way.  If you play Affliction on fights, you won't want as much Crit, but if you play Destruction on most fights, you won't want a lot of Haste.  If you don't want to bounce back and forth, I suggest 10124 for the 2nd tick of Immolate ONLY BECAUSE YOU ARE ALREADY PUSHING FOR 9778 and be happy with that reforge for both specs.  It'll be very optimal for Affliction and slightly less optimal for Destruction. 

• Like 1

Honestly, once I get a cleave trinket I'm just going to go Demonology and Destruction with priority of mastery > crit >>> haste for both.  The cleave trinket will be used with PBI while playing Demonology for fights like protectors and Klaxxi (maybe even Garrosh).  Destruction for everything else.  I'm pretty excited, but I need the trinket first.

Cleave trinket is a waste, really.  PBI + Multistrike is going to top for Destruction with GoSac and M>C>H.  For Demonology, PBI + BBoY is likely the way to go.  Cleaving doesn't proc from pets and targets have to be beside each other.  On top of that, the proc rate is pretty low.

The purpose of the cleave trinket with Demonology with a high crit is to supplement the damage lost from UVLS.  We're talking extra Doom procs here.  With the totem it's going to be sexy.

It's going to be my niche spec that Affliction is currently filling right now.

Thanks for the help. My biggest problem is I love all 3 specs and have a hard time picking 2. Which ever I leave out I miss :( I played most of 5.2 and 5.3 as destro and demo but really missed afflic, now that im back with afflic im loving it but find it hard to leave out demo or destro. I feel just now 5.4 bosses wants destro but demo really is alot of fun to leave it on the shelf. Can we please carry 3 specs bliz?

The purpose of the cleave trinket with Demonology with a high crit is to supplement the damage lost from UVLS.  We're talking extra Doom procs here.  With the totem it's going to be sexy.

It's going to be my niche spec that Affliction is currently filling right now.

I think you keep saying "cleave" when you mean "multistrike"

multistrike = kardris' toxic totem http://www.wowhead.com/item=102300 = chance to hit 1 target again for 33% dmg

cleave = frenzied crystal of rage http://www.wowhead.com/item=102303 = chance to hit 5 nearby targets for 100% dmg

cleave is good ONLY on AOE fights. multistrike is good on all fights.

regardless, i think your idea of demo/destro with M>C>H build is actually pretty cool and i hope it works.

Edited by mediocregatsby

Oh wow!!! Has it always been that way?  I thought they were different types of AoE, with one having higher damage/lower proc chance and the other the opposite.  Oh well.

OK I guess I mean then that I would use multistrike with Demo and pray for bonus crit Dooms.

well the actual damage from multistrike just comes from a damage source called "multistrike" so if it procced off a doom crit, it would not spawn a bonus imp. of course it would still be nice extra damage. 

There goes my hopes and dreams.

Does the crystal of rage also modify the name of the spell?  I'm trying to find new ways of getting the imp factory back in business.