FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
LoneSpike

New Player

I just leveled up to lvl 49. Mostly I've been running around doing the quests asked of me. I don't really have a plan of attack. Pretty sure I'm not using my weapon to the best of it's ability. Some simple quests take me forever because I don't know how to \whistle. (this one took me a long time). Sheesh!! I googled everything I could till I finally found the answer. I've been on the WOW Site and it's packed with info, but half the stuff is for high level players 100 and above and I don't understand the rest. I'm here at Icy-Veins looking for a guide to help me to get to lvl 100.  I still don't know how to chat with my guild. I think the player that recruited me is in a different time zone, because I have not see them in the chat box since I started.  Pretty sure if I figure that out, that I should get some help. I'm sure all to these are very basic to accomplish but to a new player they are not. So I continue on my way, doing my quests. The quest are getting tougher and tougher and if anyone has advise for a Level 49 Dwarf, I'm interested in any help you have to offer. Thanks for the help and information.

14 minutes ago, LoneSpike said:

I just leveled up to lvl 49. Mostly I've been running around doing the quests asked of me. I don't really have a plan of attack. Pretty sure I'm not using my weapon to the best of it's ability. Some simple quests take me forever because I don't know how to \whistle. (this one took me a long time). Sheesh!! I googled everything I could till I finally found the answer. I've been on the WOW Site and it's packed with info, but half the stuff is for high level players 100 and above and I don't understand the rest. I'm here at Icy-Veins looking for a guide to help me to get to lvl 100.  I still don't know how to chat with my guild. I think the player that recruited me is in a different time zone, because I have not see them in the chat box since I started.  Pretty sure if I figure that out, that I should get some help. I'm sure all to these are very basic to accomplish but to a new player they are not. So I continue on my way, doing my quests. The quest are getting tougher and tougher and if anyone has advise for a Level 49 Dwarf, I'm interested in any help you have to offer. Thanks for the help and information.

Welcome, @LoneSpike!

We're glad to help out. Would you please post your armory? What class are you playing? Communicating with guild members is easy. Just type /g and your message. Where are you questing? Quests should offer decent upgrades to your gear if you're not using heirlooms and they should be easily soloable, unless you're not in a zone that is of higher level than recommended. I also recommend using Dungeon Finder to get better gear and experience from dungeon quests.

Feel free to post any questions you might have and I'll try my best to answer.

Thank you for the reply Stan. I'm actually all over the map. Last night I was in the South of Kalimdor and I move to Western Plagueland. I don't know what heirlooms are, so pretty sure I'm not doing that. How would I go about posting my armory? My class is a Hunter. Can I access the Dungeon Finder on this site or is it on the game site?

24 minutes ago, LoneSpike said:

Thank you for the reply Stan. I'm actually all over the map. Last night I was in the South of Kalimdor and I move to Western Plagueland. I don't know what heirlooms are, so pretty sure I'm not doing that. How would I go about posting my armory? My class is a Hunter. Can I access the Dungeon Finder on this site or is it on the game site?

Heirlooms can be purchased for easier leveling of your alts if you have a max level character and gold, but that's probably not relevant, because you're leveling your first character. The Dungeon Finder can be accessed by pressing "I". You queue up as DPS and wait until the full party is formed and ready to enter a dungeon. As you earn levels, more dungeons will become available. They are a great source of experience and gear.

CwVcSdL.jpg?1

Armory can be accessed in the browser. Let's say I play a character named "Dude" on Altar of Storms (US). The url is as follows:

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/altar-of-storms/dude

Either way, just type in your character name after clicking the magnifying glass (search function) and you should get a link to your character.

armory.JPG

2 hours ago, LoneSpike said:

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/dalaran/lonespike

WOW There is a lot of info on that link. That could be very helpful.

I looked at your gear and it's mostly from quests. Definitely queue up for a couple of dungeons and get some rare (blue) items. They are a lot better than green items and have a higher item level. Do not forget to pick a profession :).

Alright thanks. Is a profession something that is attached to me after I train for it, or is it something that I chose as a profession and then go and train?

Never mind, I think I found the answer.

Edited by LoneSpike

If you are looking for any more help beyond your professions, you can always come back and ask in this thread Lone :)

It's added to your spellbook and learn/train new spells within the profession that make different things.