FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Brenjack

Wush And Destruction

May I begin by thanking you guys who take the time to help us.  The help you have given me has improved my game-play tremendously in the last 2 weeks.  In my Affliction spec I am really now understanding the use of "Empowered Dots" and whilst I have done well on the Dummies I must now just get "In Raid" more proficient.

My question today is on the use of "Wush" and the stacking of "Electrified" with Destro.

In Afflic I wait for 10 stacks of Electrified, SB:SS all my dots and transfer them to multiple targets ASAP.

However in Destro my weapon is Chaos Bolt (CB).  As CB has a 2.69 Sec cast time, it means that I can't snapshot my "10 Stack" but must start casting my first CB between the first and second stack, IE Right away.  Am I therefore right in saying that Destro can't take the same advantage of the proc as Afflic?

Should I be using Electrified to get off ALL my CB every time or is there something else I should be doing as well? (I will always have Immol up)

I often have 4 embers whilst waiting for DS:I to cooldown.  Should I always wait for a proc before CB or should I just pop one of with Jade Spirit as it procs?

It is always great to get a Wush proc as DS:I comes available but doesn't often happen. Should I stock embers and DS:I and wait for Wush or should I fire of CB as soon as DS:I is up?

Is there anything in Affdots or Weak Auras that can approximate a warning that Wush should proc soon?

Thanks you all again!

Wush and BBoY work well with Destruction if you can optimize your Chaos Bolt with the procs.  I run with both stacking trinkets and perform quite well with them.  Make sure you have WeakAuras installed and snag a string for Wush off of the internet somewhere.  When Wush is at a 7 stack, you should start your cast.  If you're SUPER savvy, you can wait til it JUST hits 8, and you'll get off a 10 stack Chaos Bolt.  I typically try to get one Chaos Bolt off around a 5 stack, Immolate, and then start another Chaos Bolt cast.  Remember, Immolate hits pretty hard and snapshotting it with that much Intellect is a good thing. 

DS:I isn't that great for Chaos Bolt.  It pales in comparison for how good your CBs will be with an Intellect proc.  I find DS:I better serves as an Ember generator. 

There is an addon that shows the likelihood of an RPPM trinket like Wush proccing soon, but there's no definitive way to tell when it'll proc.  It's an RPPM trinket which makes the procs random and unable to be timed.  However, stacks 1-5 of Wush are largely negligible for Destruction, so just grab a WeakAura that pops when Wush procs and you'll have a good 5 seconds to decide what you'll do with stacks 6-10.

Would Breath of the Hydra be better do you think than Wush?  Being able to fit more CBs in with a set Int proc better than getting one really good CB?

Breath = 8k Int for 10 sec.

Wush = 8k Int at 5 seconds, up to 15k Int at 10 seconds.

You can EASILY get in two Chaos Bolts from a 5 stack on of Wush giving you two higher CBs than you could have gotten with Breath.  Wush is easily a better selection.

I ran into the same problem when I got my KTT in normal last week. I was running with Breath and Wush both 530 versions. I opted to go with the Breath over Wush for the stability and some quick simc results, but both were close. From play style vantage point I do well at monitoring my procs so usually have enough embers to unload when they come up and find the static proc from Breath if nothing else to make me feel like I am using it to its max potential. 

On another note I was having issues of having too much hit, making Breath the most logical choice for me. But Zag makes a pretty convincing argument for Wush. :D

Edited by Killerjoe

Wush and BBoY work well with Destruction if you can optimize your Chaos Bolt with the procs.  I run with both stacking trinkets and perform quite well with them.  Make sure you have WeakAuras installed and snag a string for Wush off of the internet somewhere.  When Wush is at a 7 stack, you should start your cast.  If you're SUPER savvy, you can wait til it JUST hits 8, and you'll get off a 10 stack Chaos Bolt.  I typically try to get one Chaos Bolt off around a 5 stack, Immolate, and then start another Chaos Bolt cast.  Remember, Immolate hits pretty hard and snapshotting it with that much Intellect is a good thing. 

DS:I isn't that great for Chaos Bolt.  It pales in comparison for how good your CBs will be with an Intellect proc.  I find DS:I better serves as an Ember generator. 

There is an addon that shows the likelihood of an RPPM trinket like Wush proccing soon, but there's no definitive way to tell when it'll proc.  It's an RPPM trinket which makes the procs random and unable to be timed.  However, stacks 1-5 of Wush are largely negligible for Destruction, so just grab a WeakAura that pops when Wush procs and you'll have a good 5 seconds to decide what you'll do with stacks 6-10.

So if it is best to get off 2 CB on the Wush proc, I should only keep 2 embers on standby when Wush is close?  So then I fire off any surplus CB when other minor items like Jade Spirit Proc?

Do I understand you right that you will not use DS:I along with the Wush proc but will use that during bursts of Incinerate?  if that is the case then I will change what I am doing and go and try that.

Lastly, if the 10th stack of Wush has just fallen off just before your CB fires, have you lost it?  Must it still be on you when you fire the bolt or does the  CB bind to the stacks when you begin to cast?

Brenjack, because you've just attained a PBI I wouldn't hold onto DS:I longer than you have to.  Your trinket procs almost exactly the same time that DS:I comes off CD.  It's almost always going to be a good idea to have them running in tandem.

But yes, if you're still playing with Wush you would want to have about 2 embers saved up to use with it, unless you're running with fight specific buffs that trump Wush, in which case go to town spending your Embers.

For your last question, as long as your last CB *leaves* your character before the buff fades you will benefit.

Brenjack, because you've just attained a PBI I wouldn't hold onto DS:I longer than you have to.  Your trinket procs almost exactly the same time that DS:I comes off CD.  It's almost always going to be a good idea to have them running in tandem.

But yes, if you're still playing with Wush you would want to have about 2 embers saved up to use with it, unless you're running with fight specific buffs that trump Wush, in which case go to town spending your Embers.

For your last question, as long as your last CB *leaves* your character before the buff fades you will benefit.

Thanks Omaric,   I will do that.  I am sure with all of this I can get my Destro spec back up to where it belongs!