FORUMS
Damien

Icy Veins Podcast #1

Hey !

As regular user of icy veins guides, and a fan of Patrick's work for a long time, i had to listen to this podcast !

Overall it was a good experience, really interesting to listen to, and i learned quite a few things :)

However, i have a few aspect that I think, could be improved.

First, Patrick takes up too much speaking time. I think the podcast was 80% of Patrick talking alone, 15% of conversation with L0rinda, and 5% with Stan. That's a shame. Maybe a good idea would be to have each person hosting its own part ? Right now it felt like patick was carrying all the podcast and the two other were just here to answer to the few questions. Forcing each participant to host a small part might improve this ?

I also feel like Stan was not really... "involved" ? ... The feeling is probably wrong, but it looked like he was unconfortable, or something, did not talked much, and barely reacted to patrick's questions and joke. Same goes for L0rinda, but there were at least a few parts when he relaly discuused and laughed with Patrick. I'm guessing it's only a matter of habits and thing will improve ! :)

Finaly, i'm not sure about the idea of staying around ~30 minuts. I feel like, in 30 minuts, you just have time to go really quickly trough everything. So for the game you actively follow, you will already know everything and for the game you don't follow, well, you dont really care about having juste the basic news.

Maybe i'm wrong, but i think you should probably consider taking a little more time to talk more in depth about the updates, and just discuss and have fun. Not just giving a list of new things. :) At least when there are some updates to talk about.
(I'm sure Patrick will find a way to make very long episode without even realising it anyway ! :D )

I understand this might looks like a negative review, but it's really not, i enjoyed the episode and just wanted to give my feedback on what i felt could be improved !

Good luck with next épisode, i'm sure it will be even better !

• Like 1

On 10/9/2017 at 2:38 AM, Eddytor said:

Hey !

As regular user of icy veins guides, and a fan of Patrick's work for a long time, i had to listen to this podcast !

Overall it was a good experience, really interesting to listen to, and i learned quite a few things :)

However, i have a few aspect that I think, could be improved.

First, Patrick takes up too much speaking time. I think the podcast was 80% of Patrick talking alone, 15% of conversation with L0rinda, and 5% with Stan. That's a shame. Maybe a good idea would be to have each person hosting its own part ? Right now it felt like patick was carrying all the podcast and the two other were just here to answer to the few questions. Forcing each participant to host a small part might improve this ?

I also feel like Stan was not really... "involved" ? ... The feeling is probably wrong, but it looked like he was unconfortable, or something, did not talked much, and barely reacted to patrick's questions and joke. Same goes for L0rinda, but there were at least a few parts when he relaly discuused and laughed with Patrick. I'm guessing it's only a matter of habits and thing will improve ! :)

Finaly, i'm not sure about the idea of staying around ~30 minuts. I feel like, in 30 minuts, you just have time to go really quickly trough everything. So for the game you actively follow, you will already know everything and for the game you don't follow, well, you dont really care about having juste the basic news.

Maybe i'm wrong, but i think you should probably consider taking a little more time to talk more in depth about the updates, and just discuss and have fun. Not just giving a list of new things. :) At least when there are some updates to talk about.
(I'm sure Patrick will find a way to make very long episode without even realising it anyway ! :D )

I understand this might looks like a negative review, but it's really not, i enjoyed the episode and just wanted to give my feedback on what i felt could be improved !

Good luck with next épisode, i'm sure it will be even better !

Thank you for the feedback! It's Stan's first podcasting experience, so we're pretty confident that he will very much improve as time goes on. Lorinda was only here for Hearthstone and a bit of Overwatch. We've given ourselves 6 months to find the right format and make it a great podcast, so let's hope we'll get there :)