FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Inribfg

Yes, It's just another Destrolock Topic. Sorry for that.

Hello from cold dump Russia, fellow warlocks. My bear atm is drunk and not playing in balalayka, so I decided to ask you help. Sorry for my bad english, not my innate language, you know.

First, I'm near to suicide. I'm reading icy-veins guide for destro every damned day, I'm raping dummy every day. But... 160-165k dps on dummy. 175-200k(best, lol. God, I hate myself) on solotarget without aoe, like Malkorok for ex. And 220k on Sha of Pride or Nazgrim(rarely, though). 230k on kor'kron dark shamans. All dps is the dps at the moment of kill.
544 item level. 
NO WAY, I suck hard. Rly, I'm trying to do everything right, CB only for procs or cinder-capped, rain of fire only for procced meta or under bloodlust, tracking all procs in tell me when, trying to use SB with chaos with maximum perfomance. 
Sorry, I didn't wrote any logs, but I will send it to you kinda later.

Maybe, problems with my gemming, or reforging?
And here is a screen from dummy, tested for 10 min combat, 110m. damage done, 161k dps.
http://i.imgur.com/xrdOjy8.jpg
Armory: eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/свежеватель-душ/Инрибфг/advanced
1st in recount is Incinerate, second - CB, third - Immolate periodic.

Please, help me, I'm rally confused and demoralized.
thx a lot.

Edited by Inribfg

First off, no suicide.  Quit hating yourself.  And quit being demoralized.  Don't forget, it's a game.  Striving to be awesome at it is good, but don't lose allow it to start molding your self-image to get impacted.

Your English is quite good...I understood everything.  Your armory link is missing, but that's ok...really need to see logs to analyze and fix any issues.  You sound like you understand Destruction, but perhaps aren't performing like it?  That kinda fix requires logs to analyze.  Incinerate and Chaos Bolt should be almost tied for your top two damage sources.  If your Incinerate is a lot higher than CB, then you have room to improve on snapshotting the power of Chaos Bolt.  When you're REALLY rocking it, Chaos Bolt will beat Incinerate's damage.

Keep your chin up, keep practicing, and find some logs so we can properly assess what's going on.

I found your armory and everything looks fine from there. Try and grab some world of logs of yourself in raid and we can help a lot more. Don't worry about trying to log it so it shows up in english or anything, it's super easy to translate WoL when you know what to look for.

Don't worry about your english, I grew up with a guy that was fresh off the boat from Russia so I'm super fluent in broken Russian-English.

man, russian hurts my brain.

Инрибфг, you have an a couple of warlocks?

this one is you?  Дьяблоклон

if so, here's a log from 9/13

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/ctj2p0mj5chvomp0/sum/damageDone/?s=3457&e=3993

edit:

here is his guild on wowprogress.  that's where i'm getting the alt info from.   if you click the little "raid" button after their kills, he was around for  the first few, then it looks like they swapped him out for someone else.

http://www.wowprogress.com/guild/eu/%D1%81%D0%B2%D0%B5%D0%B6%D0%B5%D0%B2%D0%B0%D1%82%D0%B5%D0%BB%D1%8C-%D0%B4%D1%83%D1%88/%D0%A0%D0%B5%D1%81%D0%B0%D0%B9%D0%BB%D0%B5%D0%BD%D1%81

Edited by Gravyspasm

First - thx for encouragement) I will provide you logs asap.
Gravyspasm, I have only one lock) Just rerolling my warlock couple of times till i've got a clear understanding of orc epicness(i mean looks)
And, a little question about itemization... I have 530 Wush, should I replace my Youlon Bite with it? 1785 int lose is confusing me a bit.

About log - it was a my first time in SoO, and I had a much worse gear. Now my dps on protectors usually 180k+

Edited by Inribfg

Sorry boss, someone else is going to have to do that.  I can't read it.

looking at your single target dps:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-neqhay8hdhoguum3/details/7/?s=6767&e=7140

your immolate uptime is low at 88%, it should be 99%

you cast fel flame 12 times, did you have to run a lot? you really shouldn't need to cast this so many times

your average chaos bolt damage feels a little low. maybe it's just because of your gear, but make sure you are casting chaos bolt when you have trinkets and other procs active to get high damage chaos bolts.

you only used 1 potion. make sure you use a potion right before the pull, and then another potion later when your darksoul + procs are active or during bloodlust.

edit: also it looks like your doomguard hit 18 times. i thought it was only supposed to shoot 17 times max?

Edited by mediocregatsby

looking at your single target dps:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-neqhay8hdhoguum3/details/7/?s=6767&e=7140

your immolate uptime is low at 88%, it should be 99%

you cast fel flame 12 times, did you have to run a lot? you really shouldn't need to cast this so many times

your average chaos bolt damage feels a little low. maybe it's just because of your gear, but make sure you are casting chaos bolt when you have trinkets and other procs active to get high damage chaos bolts.

you only used 1 potion. make sure you use a potion right before the pull, and then another potion later when your darksoul + procs are active or during bloodlust.

edit: also it looks like your doomguard hit 18 times. i thought it was only supposed to shoot 17 times max?

In Mother Russia, Doomguard hit 18 times.

• Like 1

it looks like you didn't use the mannaroth's fury talent for dark shamans. you need to use that when the green slimes spawn to get the crazy high AOE damage. this makes a very big difference.

While I agree with the Gatsby, it really does depend on your team comp.  If your raid is already smoking the oozes quickly, I wouldn't bother with MF as KJC is extremely convenient for Destruction.  Especially on this high movement fight.

i find that i pretty much don't have to move at all on 25 man, since the odds of being targeted by things is pretty low.

also there's the cheese strat where you separate the bosses, in which case you absolutely dont need to move AT ALL

Edited by mediocregatsby

also there's the cheese strat where you separate the bosses, in which case you absolutely dont need to move AT ALL

Except for toxic storms, tornadoes and fallen ash...

it looks like you didn't use the mannaroth's fury talent for dark shamans. you need to use that when the green slimes spawn to get the crazy high AOE damage. this makes a very big difference.

Not really. MF still has yet to impress me in any form, KJC is a fine pick for the fight. 

Except for toxic storms, tornadoes and fallen ash...

I've literally had 3 kills where I move an inch to dodge a tornado and don't need to move for anything else. Maybe I'm just lucky and toxic storm never targets me and I'm never in falling ash. 

I agree KJC is fine and a DPS gain if your raid positioning requires you to move around a lot (WOL top parses seem to reflect this), but I've ranked top 10 on the fight as a result of being able to turret and MF+ROF every wave of adds and greedily take a giant slice of the slime damage pie from the rest of the raid.

Edited by mediocregatsby