FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Kazasix

I need a little help (balance druid)

Hi, i have a problem with my balance druid, ofc with dps

on almost every ride i have the lowest dps and i get kicked from all flexes ;/

i'm trying to do as the guides say but im doing something wrong and dont know what

if some could help

its my char

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/darksorrow/Kazasix/simple

If I noticed that I had a Moonkin with blue stamina gems, unenchanted gear, and reforging Spirit to Hit, and saw him doing poor damage, I would kick him too, and I'm pretty forgiving. It shows that despite what you claim, you didn't do enough reading. Check Icy-Veins' stat priority, gemming and enchanting section, and aim for your hit chance to be as close to 15% as possible without going over. If you need to use Reforgelite or Ask Mr. Robot to get the right stuff, I advise you to do so.

If you can provide a WOL log, then we can tackle your playstyle. Your post gives us nothing to go on other than seeing that you need to buy all new gems and reforges, but you will still do bad DPS even with perfectly kitted gear if you don't understand how to do the opener and sustain decently between cooldown usages.

Edited by Tarazet
  • Like 1

Definitely check that your gear is gemmed appropriately, enchanted and reforged correctly - you can use something like Ask Mr Robot for suggestions on your gear.  I would then look as Tarazet suggested your priority cooldowns and dps sustainability.  Gear first though!

• Like 1

Good, that gear is looking a lot better now. A lot of people that I advise to fix their gear never actually do it so it's a nice start.

I think that Glyph of Guided Stars is a very bad idea. Reading the rotation will show you why: the opening burst rotation for a Balance Druid calls for using Starfall multiple times, before you've applied Moonfire or Sunfire to anything, so if you used this glyph, you would be severely damaging your DPS. Glyph of Prowl is also useless for you, since it can only be used in Cat Form and only out of combat. For glyphs that give you interesting stuff, I recommend Glyph of Stampede and Glyph of Stampeding Roar. This allows you to use Stampeding Roar while in Moonkin form for a raid-wide sprint, with a range of 30 yards around you. Glyph of Rebirth, which you have, is also very good if you are called on to do combat resurrection.

Here's the next reading you should do:

https://www.icy-veins.com/balance-druid-wow-pve-dps-rotation-cooldowns-abilities

This is a guide written with the help of one of the best Moonkins in the world, Imsupersdw from Method, who has many world first raid kills to his name. The key segment that you really need to read, besides 1 and 2 for the basic rotation, is section 4.3 which describes the opening sequence. Moonkins in MoP live or die by how well they do their opener. It looks complicated, but it makes a lot of sense once you understand how the abilities work together.

Edited by Tarazet