FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Mirriah

Mythic + : Lots of of sub rogues ! Why ?

Hello,

I am currently using assa spec for raiding and Mythic + but i am noticing that most rogues (take for example the ones during the MDI were all sub rogues) are using the sub spec.

So my question is :

Is sub spec really better than assa spec either for raiding and/or for Mythic ? 

Thanks,

Cheers. 

2 hours ago, Mirriah said:

Hello,

I am currently using assa spec for raiding and Mythic + but i am noticing that most rogues (take for example the ones during the MDI were all sub rogues) are using the sub spec.

So my question is :

Is sub spec really better than assa spec either for raiding and/or for Mythic ? 

Thanks,

Cheers. 

It's because they have unparalleled survivability, great single target damage utlility. Subtlety Rogues are able to soak a lot of damage + they have Shroud of ConcealmentShroud of Concealment to skip packs. Tomb of Soakgeras bosses have a lot of soaking mechanics.

All rogues have the same survivability and general utility bar for double shadowstep that sub has. Sub is used because it's just the most versatile spec - it can do great aoe (with insane burst), good single target damage, easy target switching etc. Assasination, on the other hand, struggles with target swapping, aoe is slow and needs build up (does good damage though), the only thing assasination is clearly better is 2-3 target cleave (inquisition / botanist type fights), which there arent many encounters of at this time