Sarayu

Retri 4 pcs set bonus or item level?

Sign in to follow this  

6 posts in this topic

Hi there,

here´s the thing - since I´ve been quite unlucky on loot drop while running hc ToS, I am  still stuck with 4 pcs of tier 20 from normal ToS with iLvl 900. But in bags I have several nice nonset items with iLvl 925-935 that could replace those set pieces. My question is, is  it worth it? Should I go for a way higher item level and stats or stay with the set bonuses? I am not very friendly with simbots, so I thought I´d ask you guys first...thanks!

On 10/17/2017 at 11:37 PM, Purplewreck said:

The 4pc is worth it. It is very strong for retribution paladin and is integral to our current rotation and talent/legendary choices.

As the item level of the non-tier pieces go up, assuming the rest stay at 900 for tier and nothing higher drops, you're going to start have to simming it. I don't think OP is there yet, but they're very close if the pieces are well itemised.

On 10/21/2017 at 7:37 AM, Blainie said:

but they're very close if the pieces are well itemised.

Another thing to check out.  If you're talking a 925 VersMastery piece, keep the 4pc.  

If you have the other 2 pieces look into possibly swapping out a lower ilvl piece to keep the 4pc, and swapping in a higher item level somewhere else.  If applicable.  

But as was said, that 4pc is pretty amazing.  Sim it.

2 hours ago, PatrickHenry said:

Sim it.

There's just no reason not to anymore IMO. Raidbots has made everything so much easier that simming gives you the answer the majority of the time, with a more accurate statement based on more information.