FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Ulythras

Arm Warrior: How to use Ayala's proc in 7.3?

Hi everyone,

First of all I'm sorry for the eventual mistakes: my english is far away to be perfect..

So I droped my Ayala's ring as my second legendary BiS in mono but I'm not sure I use the proc properly.

What I'm doing now is that I use Colosus Smash, then Mortal Strike, I use my Ayala's proc (to buff my next MS) and so I use again my CS and my MS that is buffed. Why I'm doing is that is that I feel is the more logical way to use it as we buff our MS with 2 Exec when the boss is under 20%.

But I don't know if it's not better to use the Ayala's proc just after a CS, so it would be: CS -> MS -> CS -> Ayala's proc -> CS -> MS. Like this you buff your Ayala's proc with CS and it's the next MS that would be buff by your Ayala's proc; but you loose a MS.

So can somebody tell me if the option 1 that I'm doing is the best or if the option 2 that you loose a MS buffed but you win a Ayala's proc buffed is better?  

Under ideal circumstances you would:

• Ring Proc -> CS / Warbreaker (to maintain IFTK / gain SD buff) -> Mortal Strike

Sometimes it can proc and you don't have a way to gain your SD buff. In this case, just cast MS and continue on.

If there's a way to determine when you're going to get a proc off the ring, I'd like to know about it. If not, then you just maintain your standard priority until the proc happens and judge from there.

When the ring procs, use it to prioritize a buffed Mortal Strike. It's just a free execute in your rotation; I wouldn't try to do anything prior to using it unless you have CS and WB both available.

If CS and WB are both available and the ring procs you could have a sequence like this:

• *Ring procs* -> WB -> Execute (empowered from SD and you gain EP) -> CS -> MS (empowered by both EP and SD)

If CS and WB are not both up, you can prioritize the empowered MS:

• *Ring procs* -> Execute -> CS / WB (whichever is up) -> MS (empowered from EP and SD)

There is a third and rare occasion that you may get two consecutive procs from the ring. In this case you would want to set up a double EP + SD buffed MS

• *Ring procs* -> Execute -> CS / WB (which causes the rare 2nd proc) -> Execute (empowered by your gained SD and gives you 2nd stack of EP) -> CS / WB (whichever is available. If neither are available, cast Slam until you get CS / WB available) -> MS (empowered by x2 EP and SD)

======================

If this is too wordy / hard to understand, the bottom line is to use the Execute proc to set up a buffed Mortal Strike. The Execute will give you 1 stack of Executioner's Precision (EP). You'll want to gain Shattered Defenses (SD) and then cast the buffed Mortal Strike (MS). In the circumstance that you cannot gain a SD buff in your next GCD after the proc, just cast MS with the 1 stack of EP forgoing the SD buff and continue the rotation. You don't want to hold onto the proc to avoid losing another potential proc, if that makes sense.

I hope this helps. If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask.

8 hours ago, Sajakain said:

If CS and WB are both available and the ring procs you could have a sequence like this:

• *Ring procs* -> WB -> Execute (empowered from SD and you gain EP) -> CS -> MS (empowered by both EP and SD)

If CS and WB are not both up, you can prioritize the empowered MS:

• *Ring procs* -> Execute -> CS / WB (whichever is up) -> MS (empowered from EP and SD)

You perfectly answer my question here, so I'm doing good :)
Thanks a lot for your answers!