FORUMS
hochstepanzerjager

Linked Transmog page is down

Apparently, Wowroleplay.com is no more, as when you go to the links associated with the transmog sets, it takes you to a blank page, where you can purchase that domain name. I believe it past time for Icy Veins to build their own internal database of transmogs, a move you have already partially began to made with the new tier page setups for some of the classes. What I find particularly lacking is Wowroleplay did also handle the Green and dungeon item transmogs, something Icy Veins has not done yet, but should do.

Contrary to popular belief, there are still some players that do come here for the transmog pages, as lately currently updated transmog site options have gotten quite slim.

2 hours ago, hochstepanzerjager said:

Apparently, Wowroleplay.com is no more, as when you go to the links associated with the transmog sets, it takes you to a blank page, where you can purchase that domain name. I believe it past time for Icy Veins to build their own internal database of transmogs, a move you have already partially began to made with the new tier page setups for some of the classes. What I find particularly lacking is Wowroleplay did also handle the Green and dungeon item transmogs, something Icy Veins has not done yet, but should do.

Contrary to popular belief, there are still some players that do come here for the transmog pages, as lately currently updated transmog site options have gotten quite slim.

They had some hosting issues last year and earlier this year. I twitted to them to see if we could help with hosting. 

And we don't intend to give up on the transmog section. We've actually just started a project with our usual dev agency to make a proper model viewer that we could integrate to Icy Veins. It'd also give us the ability to drastically improve our current content:

• better screenshots of items;
  • possibility of spawning a model viewer window when someone clicks the screenshot (making it easy to see an item for a particular race/gender);
  • better and automated screenshots for transmog sets (would allow us to roll out new transmog sets at the speed of light).
  • Like 1

On 10/13/2017 at 1:49 PM, Damien said:

They had some hosting issues last year and earlier this year. I twitted to them to see if we could help with hosting. 

And we don't intend to give up on the transmog section. We've actually just started a project with our usual dev agency to make a proper model viewer that we could integrate to Icy Veins. It'd also give us the ability to drastically improve our current content:

• better screenshots of items;
  • possibility of spawning a model viewer window when someone clicks the screenshot (making it easy to see an item for a particular race/gender);
  • better and automated screenshots for transmog sets (would allow us to roll out new transmog sets at the speed of light).

This is why I love you guys. :)

• Like 2