FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Griptard

Opening Rotation - RA + Oblit

I just returned to the game a few weeks ago and feel like with my 930 ilvl, I should be doing more burst during my opener and optimizing usage of obliteration.. Anyone want to lend a helping hand? I'd greatly appreciate it. Quick description of opener should be just the thing I need to compare to what I am doing, and I also believe my warcraft logs are somewhat accurate. Griptard on Exodar. 

I open with

Potion of the Old War > Pillar of Frost > Breath of Sindragosa > Howling Blast >Remorseless > Obliterate > Frost Strike > Obliterate > Frost Strike > Obliterate > Frost Strike (Which gets me my 36% attack speed) and then I just keep runic power as close to capped as possible so I can always frost strike when needed to refresh my icy talons.

Use remorseless on cool down, use howling blast only to refresh or with rime proc.

Im 925 and I maintain roughly 1m on non-aoe fights. A fight like Host I'm getting around 1.3m with a 78% parse/ilvl.

Now I'm using icy talons which increases my attack speed (I think its must more dps since killing machine procs off auto attack crits, Although Icy mainly suggests using runic attenuation but it doesn't sync)

I would also like to use Frostscythe for my killing machine crits, But right now its just a bit too difficult for me to maintain so many buffs and add another ability thats only used on proc. But it does 4x more damage than Obliterate without critical so its clearly a solid choice unless you're on a aoe fight.

Edited by Loramus

On 10/15/2017 at 5:03 PM, Griptard said:

I just returned to the game a few weeks ago and feel like with my 930 ilvl, I should be doing more burst during my opener and optimizing usage of obliteration.. Anyone want to lend a helping hand? I'd greatly appreciate it. Quick description of opener should be just the thing I need to compare to what I am doing, and I also believe my warcraft logs are somewhat accurate. Griptard on Exodar. 

Just a note - what you think you do during play and what you actually do can be hugely different, especially with quick decisions (not noticing something has come off CD fast enough, or so). A quick log of doing your opener 2-3 times on a dummy would be great to check your cast sequences properly.

A raid log works too, just to check it out for those openers.

• Like 2