FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
ravenshaun

when is mastery to low?

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/bloodhoof/kalypsom

giving up mastery has really been hard, now I feel like i'm to low??, I do not have the burst I used to but I maintain with out the burst then super drop in dps. I do switch tome for arcano 880, and have the leggy boots,bracers and both rings. I don't feel i'm doing bad in our group but I think I should be doing better.

suggestions please

Interesting. I've never seen a hunter with such low mastery and high haste. The best way to figure out if your mastery is too low is to sim your stat weights. You might also want to sim your neck with the Mark of the Trained Soldier. If it sims higher than Mark of the Claw then your mastery is too low. There's no obvious answer just by looking at it, low mastery builds have been working fine. I'd recommend testing the legendary boots with Aspect of the Beast instead of the legendary belt.

I can't do an accurate sim for you because the armory doesn't show what crucible traits you have. Learning to sim is more useful. Go to raidbots.com and play with the settings. Download the SimulationCraft addon to upload your crucible stuff into your simulations.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ravenshaun said:

terror from below sucks....its horrible...its garbage. Please vendor it. If you use raidbots and sim you would realise that 880 arcano is your best trinket.  Your tomb is your 2nd best trinket. 

Unless something procs 940+ from TOS always keep your Arcano on and farm a higher ilevel arcano. 

@Khallid is correct the boots would be ideal but it does change the play style for minor increases. For me it gives 1-2% increase in DPS but i find the playstyle horrible so my dps drops......

Let's hope killer cobra makes a comeback in the next raid because aspect of the beast is bleh. 

• Like 1

sorry i didn't answer your question...stats are all a balancing act and i will always stand by haste is overvalued in sims. I have a 910 BTI that technically is better then my 875 acrano by a small margin but i dont want my mastery below 50%. 

You might also be at the point where gemming/enchanting for mastery over crit will be beneficially for you.  Check into your weights and play around with the sims. 

Edited by Banard

12 hours ago, ravenshaun said:

suggestions please

and one final thing..stop worry about trinkets and go get 2 pieces of teir 19.  

Edited by Banard

thank you for advise I will give it a go, I do sim often just dont see a defiant direction everything is in that 2-5k range. I have t19 chest and hands both 905, is that worth it?

48 minutes ago, ravenshaun said:

thank you for advise I will give it a go, I do sim often just dont see a defiant direction everything is in that 2-5k range. I have t19 chest and hands both 905, is that worth it?

Sim it in comparison to the items you're currently wearing. Both at 905 as long as you have 4pc T20 should see quite a strong increase in dps unless you're using 955 items in those slots both with crit and mastery.

• Like 1