hunnybutta

Puzzling Dps.

Sign in to follow this  

6 posts in this topic

I feel like I'm doing way more damage than I actually am. I'm new to lock but I feel like I should be doing way more. Im almost at the bottom of the list... Help please.

Log for HARJ fight.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/YgLBFJ8dPmW26cVX/#fight=13&type=damage-done

Armory.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/crushridge/intestines\

 

Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've run your log through WoWAnalyzer - it's a simple tool that just checks your log against some base metrics to check and see how you're performing in a vacuum-environment. I've put the tips that it has below, they're pretty indicative of how you're performing and gives you some things to really focus on and work on. Keep in mind that you can never really be perfect, but these are some major issues with your performance currently:

  • You sniped 10.26 % of mobs in this fight (4 / 39) for total of 4 Soul Shards. You could get up to 78 Shards from them. Try to get at least one shard per add (cast Drain Soul on them before they die) as it is a great source of extra Soul Shards.

    Note that the number of adds might be a bit higher than usual, as there sometimes are adds that aren't meant to be killed or are not killed in the fight (such as Tormented Soul at the Demonic Inquisition fight).

    10.26 % of mobs sniped. (>= 90.00 % is recommended)

  • You are wasting Soul Shards. Try to use them and not let them cap and go to waste unless you're preparing for bursting adds etc.

    20 Soul Shards wasted (4.24 per minute) (< 0.50 Soul Shards per minute wasted are recommended)

  • Your Unstable Afflictions could be buffed more. Unstable Affliction is your main source of damage so keeping it buffed as much as possible with Reap Souls, Drain Soul (if using the Malefic Grasp talent) or Haunt (if using the talent) is very important.

    100.00% unbuffed Unstable Affliction ticks. (<15.00% is recommended)

As you can see, you're really off the mark here on these three main points. Not getting enough Soul Shards from mobs dying is an issue, but wasting them is a massive issue too. It's spending resources for 0 DPS increase. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wowanalyzer can be very good for some points it can say weird stuff too. It's well worth checking out though if yuou do not know how to read logs.

Not at home at the moment but main issues are:

Not drain sniping and/or UAing on death. Like said above you could get way more shards to recycle into UAs, it should be your number one cast

AC. Remember with Contatgion you need to use your UAs differently

Leggo choice but perhaps you do not have others

Favouring ramping Agony over Corruption for tagging

WoC uptime looks low

Don't delay your SHs to extend if you don't know that you can still fit them in

Pre-pot messed up so no second pot

My connection is awful so cannot link but go to Warcraftlogs check out the statistics for Affys for talents and leggos for this fight. Also check the rankings to see what people are using.

Over on Lockonestopshop.com check out the raid guide and the rest if you haven't yet.

On Youtube search for Affliction Mythic Warlock Harjatan Guide, pick the one by Sje something (can't remember his full name offhand). He also does a really nice Mistress guide as well.

Have you checked in with the other locks in your raid group?

Keep rolling for an Arcano

Good luck

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, spikeysquad said:

Have you checked in with the other locks in your raid group?

Just on this - another Warlock in the group is parsing extremely low, 20% for iLvL bracket, and the other is at 68% for the iLvL bracket, so might not be an option.

I'm not a Warlock player, so I thought the WA stuff would be a good starting point for OP at least. Thanks for giving so much more info! :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Blainie said:

Just on this - another Warlock in the group is parsing extremely low, 20% for iLvL bracket, and the other is at 68% for the iLvL bracket, so might not be an option.

I'm not a Warlock player, so I thought the WA stuff would be a good starting point for OP at least. Thanks for giving so much more info! :D

Agreed it's not a top rank though to be honest item level means a lot less now days in my opinion when you have people using 860 trinkets and artifact level means so much. I am also aware that the better parsing warlock also had a suspect talent choice. However, when someone in the same group does 700k more than you it's silly in my opinion to not use that as a resource of how to squeeze a little more out. Also just chatting in general amongst people of the same spec can be pretty useful as usually we can all learn something and/or share resources. Of course they may be an unapproachable person but that's a different matter.

If somene can compare logs then yes they would do much beter with a top parsing one but the fact someone is posting here asking for help suggests that they cannot.

Naturally don't take everything anyone ever says as "gospel" (including me).

Edited by spikeysquad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, spikeysquad said:

Agreed it's not a top rank though to be honest item level means a lot less now days in my opinion when you have people using 860 trinkets and artifact level means so much. I am also aware that the better parsing warlock also had a suspect talent choice. However, when someone in the same group does 700k more than you it's silly in my opinion to not use that as a resource of how to squeeze a little more out. Also just chatting in general amongst people of the same spec can be pretty useful as usually we can all learn something and/or share resources. Of course they may be an unapproachable person but that's a different matter.

If somene can compare logs then yes they would do much beter with a top parsing one but the fact someone is posting here asking for help suggests that they cannot.

Naturally don't take everything anyone ever says as "gospel" (including me).

Definitely very true and all fair points. I think that, at this parse level also, it might be worth for OP to look through the rotations we have on site and in the discords/on LOSS. It seems like getting the rotation down at the basic level is the most important, at least IMO. The priorities of what to cast etc., then moving on to the finer points of it all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.