FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
nanoam

Affliction relic trait choice

hello all

last night i got new shadow relic from mythic raid.
and now i can choose the second tier neatherlight crucible. 

my options are Torment the WeakTorment the Weak or ShocklightShocklight

thing is i already have Torment the WeakTorment the Weak in my blood relic. and i don't need crit as affliction warlock
if i take Torment the WeakTorment the Weak in my new relic. can the debuff apply twice on the mob? proc faster? 
or will be just a waste?

3 hours ago, nanoam said:

hello all

last night i got new shadow relic from mythic raid.
and now i can choose the second tier neatherlight crucible. 

my options are Torment the WeakTorment the Weak or ShocklightShocklight

thing is i already have Torment the WeakTorment the Weak in my blood relic. and i don't need crit as affliction warlock
if i take Torment the WeakTorment the Weak in my new relic. can the debuff apply twice on the mob? proc faster? 
or will be just a waste?

Yes you can have multiple of the proc relics and they will work fine together.

You absolutely want (and even need) some Crit as Affy. How much depends more on your relics. It has been frequently been my most desirable stat for ST but that was when I had 3 Perds and naturally it becomes more powerful in dungeons. 

Just bare in mind that Torment is a single target (ST) proc while Shocklight will also buff damage on all but this depends on where your priorities lie. 

Those choices are pretty similar for me but remember do not just take T2 into consideration. For the long term you should be looking at the last tier as well but perhaps the 2nd trait is the best one for you so it doesn't matter which way you go for T2. 

I would suggest to either sim yourself for your relics (not just for single target though as will be skewed). However, another option is to look at http://lockonestopshop.com/#!/Affliction/Sims/Relics and see what the calculator/crucible weights say.

looks like TTW very strong for single target but falls off as number of target grow.
the 3rd tier can get from both on them which increase dot crit which apparently the best
so now i'm even more confused :D

maybe i should go for the crit bonus

On 10/19/2017 at 5:07 PM, nanoam said:

looks like TTW very strong for single target but falls off as number of target grow.
the 3rd tier can get from both on them which increase dot crit which apparently the best
so now i'm even more confused :D

maybe i should go for the crit bonus

Did you try simming it on RaidBots? It can be a huge help for deciding.

https://www.raidbots.com/simbot/relic