Stan

Heroes Brawl - Ghost Protocol: Oct 19

Sign in to follow this  

6 posts in this topic

30658-heroes-brawl-may-12-ghost-protocol

One shot, one kill! This week's brawl is Ghost Protocol, an all-Nova snipe-battle on the Towers of Doom. Play three games to earn a Hallow's End Loot Chest!

Brawls will reward Hallow's End Loot Chests until November 17.

Blizzard LogoBlizzard (Source)

Lock and load, Heroes! This week's Heroes Brawl mode is Ghost Protocol, an all-Nova snipe-battle on Towers of Doom. Be sure to practice your aim before heading into battle, because every shot counts in this game mode – Snipe not only instantly kills enemy Heroes, but it also reduces the enemy team’s Core health by 1! Good luck, have fun!

GhostProtocol.gif

Rules:

• Every player is locked in as Nova, Default skin vs. Spectres
  • Landing a Snipe on an enemy Hero will instantly kill them
  • All deaths remove one health from the opposing team’s Core
  • All players have full access to Talents and Heroic Abilities
  • Be the first team to bring the enemy’s Core health to zero to secure victory!

Rewards:

• Complete three matches of Ghost Protocol to earn a Hallow's End Loot Chest!

16 hours ago, Sawzorthn said:

aww yeah 2 minute loot box

My favourite brawl because of this :p

4 hours ago, Blainie said:
20 hours ago, Sawzorthn said:

aww yeah 2 minute loot box

My favourite brawl because of this :p

I do love it for this reason, but I also genuinely like this brawl! the cat-and-mouse is really fun, love any opportunity to get inside the head of my opponents :D

also, as a reminder, there are almost completely mandatory talent choices for this brawl. they are:

1- advanced cloaking: moving faster makes you harder to snipe. pinning shot sucks in this mode.

4 - your one free talent pick - rapid projection if you're slick with the body-blocks, stability if you're just looking for wards.  covert mission if you always forget to cast holo.

7 - one in the chamber, the only one that does *anything*.

10 - STOP TAKING TRIPLE TAP. unless you're on the opposing team of course, since every time you cast it it's a free kill on you as it points a huge glowing line at your immobile body. precision strike is a solid way to get revenge kills if your team goes down while you're too far away, and can be done from safely behind your walls.

13 - psionic efficiency. the biggest power spike in this mode by far, until....

16 - perfect shot. 

20 - toss up between rewind and ghost protocol. usually i'd say rewind if you're stomping, otherwise ghost protocol. either way it's crazy that your game lasted this long.

• Like 1

I've never picked lv 13 talent in this brawl. I think lv 12 is the highest seen

btw i already killed someone with TT when snipe fails it's the only thing you can do aside try to escape but they never let you escape (died plenty of times when i tought now i'm safe and got Qed before entering the door or reaching minion wave to cover)

TT damage is almost enough to kill a full hp enemy.

The only thing precision strike do is interrupt cast of altars if you are inside your building if you use it outside you become visible and die instantly because the move you do can't be done by clones so you get shot as soon as you cast it to interrupt altar, using it on someone has no usefulness since damage is too weak to kill someone with more than half hp and they will dodge it if they aren't slowed and even if you hit them damage is not enough.

But i see that interrupting altars isn't a priority nobody will let you take altar unless the team got wiped or they are busy with someone else far away. As soon an enemy channel the altar he dies if there is a teammate around  there is no need to stop the cast because he already killed the target before the precision strike hits

So i take TT and use it as last resort if nobody else is close i take the kill when both me and enemy fail the Q or have already used it to kill someone else

I don't say TT is better but isn't as bad as you think especially when enemy number is low there is low risk in saying hey i'm here if nobody else is around the target

9 hours ago, Voltorocks said:

I do love it for this reason, but I also genuinely like this brawl! the cat-and-mouse is really fun, love any opportunity to get inside the head of my opponents :D

It's also amazing for learning how to spot the shimmer of Nova and other stealth heroes for those that can't :p

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Stan
      Production Director Kaéo Milker talks about improvements coming to the game in the near future. All skins will be purchasable individually with Gems and Lunar Festival has been reimagined as the Spring Event.
      Highlights
      The next Hero release is around the corner, but it seems Anduin is planned for later. Spring Event is coming soon and it will be very similar to other events like Nexomania, The Fall of King's Crest in Fall, and the Toys. The team would like to explore more of these events and universes. Reddit AMAs focusing on Quick Match and the Role Overhaul will be announced soon. Beginning with the latest patch that hits next week, all skins in the Collection will be purchasable individually with Gems and Gold can be converted to Shards starting with the Spring Event patch. Blizzard (Source)
      Hi, Heroes!
      I know we’ve been more quiet than usual the past few weeks, but it’s not because we’ve lost focus on the game. In fact, we’ve been working very hard behind the scenes to regroup as a team and align on our goals for 2019 and beyond. As I mentioned before, this process involved revisiting not only our existing plans, but also rethinking some of our approaches to core areas of the game and its development with our focus solely on creating the best experience possible for our players. It’s been a bunch of work and there’s still much more work ahead, but we’re finally ready to get back to talking about our plans and sharing some insight as to what our players can expect next.
      We can’t talk about Heroes without talking about our awesome content. As you’ve seen so far this year, we released Imperius along with a flurry of impactful hero balance changes across the game. We also announced our Resistance themed event before bringing it to PTR this week, and we’re excited to deliver those fun skins for Hanzo, Deckard, and my BFF, Blaze, next week! While we have more balance changes coming at regular intervals, our next new hero is also right around the corner. There are some theories floating around as to who’s next, but we have a few more releases before they’ll be ready to see the light of day.
      Speaking of our next few releases, you probably noticed that our Lunar New Year seasonal event hasn’t hit yet, but fear not – that’s just because we’ve reimagined it as our Spring Event. Last year we had a ton of fun with our unique seasonal events like Nexomania in Summer, The Fall of King’s Crest in Fall, and Toys in Winter, and we’d like to continue exploring fun new universes and themes to coincide with each season moving forward. Stay tuned for all the details on our Spring Event next month, and know that we’ll not only be bringing back our previous limited-time Lunar New Year content, but we’ll also unveil an exciting, all-new skin theme to round out this year’s event.
      Let’s talk about features and systems. There’s been a lot of discussion both on the Heroes dev team and amongst our community regarding the state of Ranked Play, Quick Match, and matchmaking. The team’s made some decisions as a continuation of the plans we shared at BlizzCon and we have a schedule for a series of improvements we’ll be making across the next few patches and Ranked Seasons. Much like we did in our AMA’s last year, we’d like to have the developers responsible for those changes discuss these plans with you at our next Reddit AMA, tentatively planned for later this month. As part of that AMA, we’ll also dive into some thoughts surrounding our continued evolution of Quick Match and our upcoming completion of the Hero Role overhaul, so please join us for that discussion. We’ll share the upcoming Reddit AMA schedule soon!
      Another thing I mentioned in my last post was that we’d be reevaluating not only our content and feature plans, but also taking another look at how players unlock the Collection. As part of looking back, we took stock of where we’ve been across the game’s lifespan. We recognized that Heroes 2.0 was an important step in our game’s evolution and brought a lot of very positive changes. It grew our audience, got more players earning or buying the stuff we loved creating, and most importantly – it uncapped progression and gave all Heroes players a chance to unlock content in the Collection for free by simply playing the game and earning Loot Chests. While we saw a lot of benefits from our Heroes 2.0 changes, they did come at the cost of taking away the ability to purchase most skins directly. I’m excited to say that we’ve decided to make some changes here based on player feedback.
      Beginning with the Resistance patch that hits next week, all skins in the Collection will be purchasable individually with Gems. This is a change that many of our players have asked for, and we’re really happy to finally bring it to the game. Note that this goes beyond what we offered pre-Heroes 2.0, as every skin in the Collection will now have a Gem and Shard price individually, whereas before Heroes 2.0 skins were only available in bundles that included every color variation. Be sure to check out the patch notes next week for all the details and know that we have plans down the road to expand these offerings to the rest of the Collection. We hope this change helps give players the best option yet to get the exact content they’re most excited about.
      We didn’t want to stop there, so we also looked deeper at ways we could provide more value and utility with Gold. As a result, we’re going to start allowing players to convert their earned Gold to Shards alongside the release of our Spring Event next month. This change combined with the Gem changes is intended to give all players maximum flexibility in how they unlock their favorite content, and the team is excited to provide these options.
      So that’s a lot of stuff summarized at once here, and the team will be elaborating on it all as it unfolds across the next few patches. The past few months have been challenging for us, but the Heroes team is united with a passion for this game and all of you in our community. It’s been difficult to remain so silent while we unpacked all these changes, but we’re eager to get back to communicating regularly with you and talking about the game we all love. To that end, be on the lookout for our next few AMAs across February, March, and April and we’ll be striving to find more ways to get our developers involved in discussing the game with you.
      Thank you for bearing with us as we adapt to these changes, and we can’t wait to share more of the awesome things we’re working on with you in the coming weeks and months! In the meantime, please keep that feedback coming!
      Kaéo
    • By Stan
      Lunara, Probius, and Stitches are on sale this week along with the Flirty Cloud mount.
      Blizzard (Source)
      Our latest round of Heroic Deals and Limited-Time Offers brings 50% off of a limited selection of Heroes and a fresh set of limited-availability skins and mounts into the collection for purchase or crafting. Check out the Hero sales and featured items listed below, and then head in-game to add them to your collection before these offers expire!
      Heroic Deals: February 19 - 26

Heroes Discount Price Lunara 625 312 Gems Stitches 625 312 Gems Probius 750 375 Gems Limited-Time Offers: February 12 
      The skins and mounts that we’ve added to the Limited-Time Offers are available for Gem purchase and Shard crafting for a period of a few weeks, starting on February 12. Be sure to grab these items now, because once the offer expires they will leave the collection until the next time they’re featured here!
      Skins Mounts Paramour Pajamathur Abathur Flirty Cloud We hope you enjoy your new Heroes, skins, and mounts as you conquer your next challenge in the Nexus! Be sure to head to the Heroes of the Storm website every week to check out our latest round of Heroic Deals and Limited-Time Offers.
    • By Stan
      Free Hero rotation has been updated for the week of February 19.
      Free-to-Play Hero Rotation: February 19, 2019
      Malfurion Valla Gazlowe Johanna Thrall Dehaka Tyrael Lunara Kharazim Kerrigan D.Va (Slot unlocked at Player Level 5) Maiev (Slot unlocked at Player Level 10) Medivh (Slot unlocked at Player Level 15) Nova (Slot unlocked at Player Level 20) (Source)
    • By Stan
      The Nexus Forces have taken over a Volskaya Industries Factory - fight to the death to obtain its manufactured power! Two teams enter, one team leaves.
      Blizzard (Source)
      Rules:
      Battle it out on a single-lane Overwatch-themed Battleground known only as… the Trial Grounds. Shuffle Pick Choose from one of three Heroes at the beginning of the match. Choose carefully though, you won’t have the opportunity to choose again after rounds. Elimination A round is won when all Heroes on the enemy team are slain. Best of Three The first team to win two rounds will win the Brawl! Round Events  Starting at 60 seconds, an elevator will rise in the center of the Battleground, presenting one of the following challenges to both teams: Tribute Capture the Tribute to reduce the health of all enemy Heroes to 1! Capture Point  Capture the point to spawn a Triglav Protector for your team! Artifact Artifact spawns in the center of the Battleground. The first Hero to walk over it gains its power! The Hero that kills the artifact carrier will claim it for themselves. Dueling Immortals Immortals spawn for each team in the center of the Battleground. Once an immortal has been slain, the winning team’s Immortal will take to the sky, revealing the map and raining destruction onto the enemy Heroes. Safe Zone  A Safe Zone is created at the center of the Battleground. Every 15 seconds the entire map is electrified, and only those in the Safe Zone will be protected. There’s also a chance for no event at all. You’ll just have to rely on your own ruthless skills to take down the enemy Heroes and be the last team standing! Rewards:
      Complete three matches of Trial Grounds to earn a Loot Chest!
    • By Stan
      This week's sales include Abathur, Artanis, Butcher, and the Flirty Cloud mount!
      Blizzard (Source)
      Our latest round of Heroic Deals and Limited-Time Offers brings 50% off of a limited selection of Heroes and a fresh set of limited-availability skins and mounts into the collection for purchase or crafting. Check out the Hero sales and featured items listed below, and then head in-game to add them to your collection before these offers expire!
      Heroic Deals: February 12 - 19

Heroes Discount Price Butcher 625 312 Gems Artanis 625 312 Gems Abathur 750 375 Gems Limited-Time Offers: February 12 
      The skins and mounts that we’ve added to the Limited-Time Offers are available for Gem purchase and Shard crafting for a period of a few weeks. Be sure to grab these items now, because once the offer expires they will leave the collection until the next time they’re featured here!
      Skins Mounts Paramour Pajamathur Abathur Flirty Cloud We hope you enjoy your new Heroes, skins, and mounts as you conquer your next challenge in the Nexus! Be sure to head to the Heroes of the Storm website every week to check out our latest round of Heroic Deals and Limited-Time Offers.
      Head to the official Heroes of the Storm forums to discuss this post with other players.