FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
ggny

Looking for Unholy DPS Help

I recently started raiding again after not raiding since ICC. Im still working on getting better but i feel i am doing something wrong. Would love some help and some log analyzing if anyone could help me out

Armory - https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/stormrage/parållaxx

Heroic Goroth Log - https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/d6RT8PnGfJtzbgNv/#fight=2&type=damage-done&source=13

Not any kind of pro, but:

• Did you get a new neck recently? You're missing an enchant on it.
  • How come you cast Army of the Dead so late? If I'm reading things right, you casted it 8 seconds before the fight ended.

Just two very minor points.

Yes. I got a few different pieces last night and was messing around with them. I took off 2 LFR set pieces and put on the 950 Helm and 935 Cloak instead just testing things

Honestly forgot about the 2nd AOTD till the end. That was just a dumb mistake

22 hours ago, ggny said:

Yes. I got a few different pieces last night and was messing around with them. I took off 2 LFR set pieces and put on the 950 Helm and 935 Cloak instead just testing things

Honestly forgot about the 2nd AOTD till the end. That was just a dumb mistake

Also, one other thing I just noticed - why do you hold Cold Heart for so long at 20?

In total, you held at 20 for around 41-43 seconds. That's another full use of Cold Heart at 20 stacks if you had timed them better.

That was just me not tracking the stacks. I dled a WA after raids to fix that.

The one big thing i was wondering about was my DA's avg hit was alot lower then the avg hit of players around the same ilvl as mine when i looked at logs. Mine was 1.6 and most people were averaging 2mil+ 

In regards to your DA damage, it would seem you aren't getting off as many DC's. You want to pool as much resources as you can before popping DA/DT. Festering strike is without a doubt our highest RP generator, but you shouldn't use it when you have 5-6 wounds on the target. So your focus should be generating RP during DA/DT and spending it on DC's as soon as you get enough RP.

Also, with your haste @20%, your DA is missing out on a few extra attacks. Try and get your haste to 24 or even 25%, and this will also allow you to get more DC's off to increase her overall damage.

Edited by Deadly

Mastery is really low on that Goroth Log.  I know with my DK, I'm running at about 15,216 mastery right now.  Making your DA hit a lot harder with more mastery.  Currently a bit under the Haste point 17% though.  But during lust my DA will get between 20-30 mil, and averages 15 mil without lust, lowest is normally around 10 mil with terrible procs.  After 20% haste i don't see a reason to get more haste, and i'd Opt to drop some of your crit and versa gear for straight mastery.

I would personally recommend bringing up your haste as the current considered break point is around 25% as we aren't as huge of mastery bots as we were in Nighthold haste and crit weigh in more so than they used to. Also as you aren't using COV don't hold your Dark Arbiter unless you have like 0 runic power but even then it would only take 2 GCD's to generate enough for 2 death coil casts, also your dark transformation should line up with your dark arbiter very closely  because you don't use COV in turn your aren't using shadow infusion. But your not really making any major mistakes. Just unconscious mistakes.

18 hours ago, MuchoBama said:

I would personally recommend bringing up your haste as the current considered break point is around 25% as we aren't as huge of mastery bots as we were in Nighthold haste and crit weigh in more so than they used to.

Looks like you're right on the Haste - ran him through a basic weights sim:

stats.png