FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Wulfe

Sub Rogue Stats, Sims wrong?

Hi folks! Hoping to try get some clarity on stats for sub rogue after some experimenting with Raidbots and Simcraft has left me well and truely confused!

I'm currently 925 ilvl and my only legendaries are the Insignia of Ravenholdt and Kil'jaeden's Burning Wish. See more at https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/aerie-peak/stormi

So after copying in the output from Simcraft addon into both raidbots and SimulationCraft, I feel like I'm getting some strange stat wieght outputs. I've always kind of went with the rule Agi>Vers>Mastery>Crit>Haste. Putting heavy priority on Vers/Mastery for secondary stats. But SimulationCraft is telling me Crit 21.55, Agi 20.40, Mastery 19.94, Vers 19.44, Haste 12.18. With Raidbots giving me an almost identical result!

I'm aware the numbers are all very close except haste so its not going to make a massive difference, but why is it putting Crit so high and above Agi?! Is this correct or could it be I'm doing something wrong with the sims?

Thanks in advance for any advice/help on this :D

The reason that the sims may be putting crit just slightly above agi could depend on what relics you have. If you dont have any Gutripper relics to boost your evisc crit chance then that could possibly be a reason. Since you don't have shoulders the simcs would also put with a higher weight. The idea being to get you DfA's and other Eviscerates to be able to crit more often than they don't.  I have a relatively lower geared rogue alt and my sims have been coming up similarly. Its a very lovely thing seeing a 12m Evisc crit pop up when set up right. And thats just on my 920 rogue without shoulders and not very optimized itself. Hope that helps any.

21 hours ago, Wulfe said:

Hi folks! Hoping to try get some clarity on stats for sub rogue after some experimenting with Raidbots and Simcraft has left me well and truely confused!

I'm currently 925 ilvl and my only legendaries are the Insignia of Ravenholdt and Kil'jaeden's Burning Wish. See more at https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/aerie-peak/stormi

So after copying in the output from Simcraft addon into both raidbots and SimulationCraft, I feel like I'm getting some strange stat wieght outputs. I've always kind of went with the rule Agi>Vers>Mastery>Crit>Haste. Putting heavy priority on Vers/Mastery for secondary stats. But SimulationCraft is telling me Crit 21.55, Agi 20.40, Mastery 19.94, Vers 19.44, Haste 12.18. With Raidbots giving me an almost identical result!

I'm aware the numbers are all very close except haste so its not going to make a massive difference, but why is it putting Crit so high and above Agi?! Is this correct or could it be I'm doing something wrong with the sims?

Thanks in advance for any advice/help on this :D

Sims are pretty much trying to guarantee a Evis critical hits. 

Until you get the shoulders, Sims are going to be weird like that. Whether you listen to them or go with a more traditional Mastery > Vers > Crit is up to you, as you said the values on each one are very very close. Once you get the shoulders, the value on Crit is going to go way down although not quite as low as Haste

Ahh, the shoulders of course. That could skew the numbers if its wanting lots of Evis crits. I guess I'll just keep praying to RNGsus for the drop and in the mean time I'll collect gear for crit and gear for mastery/vers. If I can get enough I'll do some testing and see what happens!

Thanks for the advice.

I am playing around with Ask Mr. Robot, and with or without Mantle, and with or without gutripper/weak point vs. energetic stabbing, it *ALWAYS* wants me to gem/enchant all crit. Every crit gem over mastery gem is about a .04% DPS upgrade according to its sims. And yes, it even wants 200 crit > 200 agi.

This is while running around 70% mastery, 33% crit (925 gear level) with 2 trash legendaries.

I had more info in a reply, but mods broke it into a separate thread.

here are the raw numbers, where it still thinks Crit > everything:

Agi 40,000

Crit 8913

Haste 4999

Mastery 6864

Vers 7197

3 energetic stabbing relics, plus weakpoint/gutripper from crucible.

To be clear: I didn't see any decrease in crit value by adding Mantle to the mix. Perhaps it's time to re-evaluate crit's weight?

Edited by Narik