FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Haedon

Need some feedback on my dps, dunno what i can tweak do to better.

So i feel i should be pushing higher numbers in current gear and i feel like im doin right, some fight i go high and nice but some i just seem to get stuck.

any feedback on rotation, missing stuff i should do etc would be helpfull.

Armory - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/alakir/Niryx/advanced

talents might be off, logged out after thok tries and tried some shit to do better.

logs - http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/ob52wyam7xxjqrb4/details/2/?s=1333&e=1596

taken from the malkorok kill, feel free to check other fights aswell and input feedback there aswell. 

Cheers 

I think the biggest thing is a gap in your shard usage. You started with 4, and gained 21 from Shadow Trance. With 12 Drain Soul ticks in 5 casts, meaning you should have got at least 5 shards if not a 6th from DS. That totals to 30-31 shards throughout the fight. You spent 17 shards on Haunt, and 2 on Soulburn, for 19 total. That leaves 12 shards, 40% of your shards, unused. That could have been a lot more uptime on haunt for harder pew pews. You were also not casting a lot of Drain Soul at the end (there are large gaps between your casts, larger than casting haunt and SB:SSing to refresh DoTs).

A few other things: You're .06% under hit cap and 450 short of the 9778 haste cap. Get yourself to that 15% and push that extra 450 - you're wasting a lot of haste by being close to that cap and not there. Also, run ToT pugs or something to get yourself Wush over the Volatile trinket. Wush is great. Volatile is... yeaaaah.

• Like 1

Alright, cheers m8, i went up abit on the haste and ill have to learn to get more haunts in then, always been saving them for procs and shit mostly. Give this ago and see if it turns out better.

You do want to try to use haunt mostly for proc DoTs as often as possible, but when you've got 12 shards unused, that means at some point you're getting Shadow Trance procs while you're full on shards and it's going to waste.

Hi again :) 

Got some fresh logs and want some nice critics punshed in my face. Know i should perform better and its getting their, felt like i pushed up abit this weeks raid.

Logs from yesterday - http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/6vhaxk1wm04t79ph/

Ive looked abit myself and see that im still not there on haunt uptime and destro well been a while since i played it proper so thats shit :P 

Any feedback is good, im good at taking critics so blast me :) 

/ Cheers

Your DoT uptimes look good.  Haunt use and uptime looks good.  Everything looks good.

Except your DoTs are hitting like wet noodles.  To increase your DPS, now the time is to focus on keeping Empowered DoTs rolling as much as you can.  Volatile Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault needs to go, like three years ago.  Get yourself ANY other trinket besides that hunk of garbage, preferably Wush or Black Blood.  You're a good example of a player who's got the playstyle down and now can focus on small changes to find the last bit of DPS.  Focus on keeping DoTs at their max strength as much as possible.  I'm unable to armory you, but make sure you're at hit cap, match your Haste rating to whatever version of PBI you have, and dump the rest into Mastery.

Alright, feels good to know im on the right track atleast, been hunting a trink since i got the last feedback.

For the stats part, im on the 9778 haste cap and ive poured rest into mastery so in raid im above 100% mastery, and sitting on 14.92% hit atm wich should be enough im guessing aslong as u track dots etc and dont miss em. 

Armory link - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/alakir/Niryx/simple

Edited by Niryx