FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
SunTzu86

Torn between DK and Pally

Greetings,

i'm returning after a 7 month break back to WoW. I started playing short before Legion hits so i'm still a newbie. Played a a retri and a frost DK up to 110 and ended with both on the first or second suramar quest. In case of a lot to do in rl i had to quit playing for a while. Now i'm back and want to get deeper into classunderstanding and higher contend. My problem is i want to get only one mainchar, in other mmos this was never a problem for me to choose my one and only class. Mostly i sticked with an Knigth/Pally or Necromancerclass. How ever played them now both for few days and i like em both.

Frost DK lore is pretty awsome for me but the dualwealding does not really fit to it imo. The Rotation feels a littlebit like press the shiny button when it ligths up. More proc related and not ''planned'' sometimes it feels a liitle bit stressfull to me.

On the other hand the pally retrirota feels really smooth, some people would say boring but for me it's cool. Classfantasy is okayish typical warrior of the ligth thing but hey asbringer looks awesome.

So you see if i woul have the time i would play them both.

Maybe you can give me an advice wich class will fits better to me in terms of my goals.

I want to play really casual at all. ''Raiding'' only with the LFR. Sometimes a few dungeons but no tryharding for higher mystic things. Mostly doing open world and old contend on my own. So one oft the biggest questions to me is wich class of em both has the higher surviability and the more smooth and most importent chilled gameplay for this type of contend? And wich class do you think it's in long terms the safer bet to play with this type of contend.

Edit: I'm only interested in those two specific specs, tanking and healing are not my thing.

Thx for your time hopefully you can give me some advices, and this all does not sounds to wired to you :-)

Edited by SunTzu86

20 hours ago, SunTzu86 said:

I want to play really casual at all. ''Raiding'' only with the LFR. Sometimes a few dungeons but no tryharding for higher mystic things. Mostly doing open world and old contend on my own. So one oft the biggest questions to me is wich class of em both has the higher surviability and the more smooth and most importent chilled gameplay for this type of contend? And wich class do you think it's in long terms the safer bet to play with this type of contend.

Given that you don't want to hardcore raid or push M+, you are in a perfect spot to play both - is there a reason why you only want to play one of them? I think, if you only do the bare minimum in PvE content, you'll easily have enough time to play both. 

The thing is, you say you don't have time, but you'll end up maxing out incredibly quickly, since you have no barrier to beat. Your gear will outrank LFR extremely quickly and you will essentially be playing for no reward with just one character, other than the odd legendary here and there.

23 hours ago, SunTzu86 said:

Greetings,

i'm returning after a 7 month break back to WoW. I started playing short before Legion hits so i'm still a newbie. Played a a retri and a frost DK up to 110 and ended with both on the first or second suramar quest. In case of a lot to do in rl i had to quit playing for a while. Now i'm back and want to get deeper into classunderstanding and higher contend. My problem is i want to get only one mainchar, in other mmos this was never a problem for me to choose my one and only class. Mostly i sticked with an Knigth/Pally or Necromancerclass. How ever played them now both for few days and i like em both.

Frost DK lore is pretty awsome for me but the dualwealding does not really fit to it imo. The Rotation feels a littlebit like press the shiny button when it ligths up. More proc related and not ''planned'' sometimes it feels a liitle bit stressfull to me.

On the other hand the pally retrirota feels really smooth, some people would say boring but for me it's cool. Classfantasy is okayish typical warrior of the ligth thing but hey asbringer looks awesome.

So you see if i woul have the time i would play them both.

Maybe you can give me an advice wich class will fits better to me in terms of my goals.

Edit: I'm only interested in those two specific specs, tanking and healing are not my thing.

Thx for your time hopefully you can give me some advices, and this all does not sounds to wired to you :-)

My guild and i just recently talked about the difference between the two and the different play styles, both tanking and DPS. Currently, DK's are super buff and do some impressive DPS even at low 900 ilvls, approaching 800k/850k at ilvl 902ish. Currently, Ret pallys approach 600-700k if you rotate right at ilvl 902..so clearly DK is the more buffed choice. For me, Paladins are generally more fun to play as i mained a Frost DK all throughout MoP and WoD, now to maining a Ret Pally.

In terms of survivability, DK is better. Blood DK, specifically. 

Paladin is the better bet to play long term, as they've always been. DKs will get nerfed, hard.

It's really personal preference, make both and see which one is more fun to play.:)

Edited by Maroldars
  • Thanks 1

Greetings,

ty for your opinions to my topic.

After playing around with both chars the whole weekend i stick with pala now. The DK looked on the first view (especially from the classfantasy) better but the whole time i play him as blood or frost it feels okayish up to nice. Played a few invasions, done some dungeons but it not really clicked to me.

The pala on the other side was a breeze to play. I've had a lot of fun with him even in groupplay situations also the selfheal and '' oh shit, lets bubble button'' suits me very well. So i complete the whole classhallstory and moved to the shore where i go on farming shards tomorrow to get better gear for argus. I'm also get the protweapon and protpala is quiet fun too. Maybe one day if i find a nice guild i will try to tank some dungeons.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SunTzu86 said:

The pala on the other side was a breeze to play. I've had a lot of fun with him even in groupplay situations also the selfheal and '' oh shit, lets bubble button'' suits me very well. So i complete the whole classhallstory and moved to the shore where i go on farming shards tomorrow to get better gear for argus. I'm also get the protweapon and protpala is quiet fun too. Maybe one day if i find a nice guild i will try to tank some dungeons.

Glad you made a decision! Good luck with your gearing! :)

4 hours ago, SunTzu86 said:

Greetings,

ty for your opinions to my topic.

After playing around with both chars the whole weekend i stick with pala now. The DK looked on the first view (especially from the classfantasy) better but the whole time i play him as blood or frost it feels okayish up to nice. Played a few invasions, done some dungeons but it not really clicked to me.

Happy to welcome another Paladin to the ranks! :D Let us bring light onto Azeroth and The Legion.

I do also love the "oh shit lets bubble" button ;p and the emergency "crap, this full heal is worth the 10 minute CD" button as well. Saved me more than a few times.

6 hours ago, Maroldars said:

Happy to welcome another Paladin to the ranks! :D Let us bring light onto Azeroth and The Legion.

Is this where I sit on my raven class mount and sneer? To be fair, I did play a Paladin for a little bit in BC :p