FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
zenmeister

Help me to get good

Hello my friends, 

i think that i'm an average player who has the potential to become better but i also think that I need some advice from experienced players. I guess my normal ToS are good but i it seems that have some problems with the heroic part of ToS. sometimes i play very well and other times it seems like its my first time playing :(. Maybe you guys can help me playing better.

So what i would like to become is that my performance is on a decent level without spikes downhill.

Logs https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/15370991/13#difficulty=4&class=Hunter&spec=Marksmanship&metric=dps&bracket=-1

Best regards

Edited by zenmeister

The Hunter mods/users can likely help, but wanted to say: your parses aren't bad in the slightest. You rank very highly and, even though you have a low parse on KJ, I can only assume it's because you only have 2 kills on it and likely aren't the most experienced with the mechanics. 

I think now you're just polishing up what is already a pretty solid set of parses. You likely will need some more mechanics work on some bosses more so than class work.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, zenmeister said:

oh okay, thanks for your advice. 

I wish I could help more by picking apart the logs, but the real Hunters will do that :p

You got a 40% parse on your first kill of Sisters, last one at 97% for item level bracket. I bet that was down to being more comfortable with mechanics, surviving and knowing when to use abilities. Your Kil'Jaeden parse will definitely go up as you get more comfortable.

Yeah your parses look alright. Your gear is somewhat low so I think your dps is ok for your ilvl. You don't seem to hit any Aimed Shots out of Vulnerable either so that's good.

If anything, you're not optimizing gear for each boss. If you want to get very high parses you need to switch a few pieces depending on each fight. For example, bosses with cleave like Harjatan an Mistress Sassz'ine usually take the legendary belt and boots, as well as Tier 19 2-set to maximize Trueshot uptime. Plus True Aim drops every time your Trick Shot cleaves so the legendary ring is fairly bad in those situations. On the other hand, Convergence of Fates is not the best trinket to use for single target. I also don't know why you used Sidewinders on KJ.

Edited by Khallid
  • Like 1

i tried using belt while fighting harjatan and misstress but i don't really understand how i should play with the legendary bonus of the belt. how many multishots should i spam to get the bonus optimized? 

The problem with convergence is that i don't have any trinkets that sim better than convergence even after the nerf. I played with sidewinders because i thought it would be easier to play and as i don't really can evaluate the spread of multishot.

Edited by zenmeister