FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
renshilee

Assist with Class Choice

As an on again, off again player (due to having to work overseas with no real internet most of the time), I want to get back into playing. I really enjoyed the new Legion content and also enjoy seeing the new artifacts for the classes along with the order halls. I usually need to start fresh after being "AFK" for several months though. I also have a friend who is on a different server and wanted to start fresh, with a new class on his server. I just am not sure which I want to try. I have done hunter, paladin, warrior and demon hunter, all of which I enjoyed. I tend to do a lot of solo play though, I am hoping to try and do more LFG's and stuff this time to level a bit faster, while also getting better gear and finishing up some story line stuff. I also tend to lean towards DPS more then healer or tank, though have done some (and enjoyed) doing both on small scales with people I really know though. I want to play a different class then my "usual go to" but not sure which would be just as enjoyable. I like windwalkers (I like Martial Arts, and Asian stuff ) and have tried rogues (like sneaking in and out). I enjoy hearing everyone's take and ideas of each class. Thanks

6 hours ago, renshilee said:

I enjoy hearing everyone's take and ideas of each class. Thanks

Rogue main, DH/Monk alts.

I love playing all 3 and, at times, it's hard to call the other 2 my alts. I love fast paced gameplay, I need movement on a class or I simply can't play it. I want to be able to get to wherever I need to be faster than anyone else. The rotations for Rogue/Monk are great (bit dull for DH, but I still enjoy it), and on Monk it's good fun keeping track of your Mastery without an addon.

I'd recommend any of the three to anyone that wanted to try something fast paced. If you want ease of leveling and gearing, Monk and DH will always be easier due to having an off-spec for queues etc., but the Rogue will definitely gain some ground back with Stealth.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, gorgon691 said:

Monks are good for this purpose, as Blainie said, it's much easier to gear up if you have either a tank or a healer offspec ready for queues

I reckon Rogue only starts being able to compete in terms of speed when you’re undergeared on Argus. Stealth is a massive help there.

• Thanks 1

Pick Druid. You can literally play any spec in the game, three of which are currently at, or near, the top in performance. Plus, you also get great movement speed and stealth.

• Thanks 1

I did get both a feral and guardian druid up to 30. I enjoyed playing, not to mention I just enjoyed changing forms :). Just has a harder time getting into playing them. I will continue to ponder though, thanks.

• Like 1

Tbf, flight form is amazing. I love just flying into the air and popping it on and off so I go flying through the air :D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

One more vote for druid. In my opinion, they are the MOST versatile class of any. I am enjoying my shaman and monk a great deal as well though..

Just because you have already done a class it doesn't mean you should make a new one, there is no guarantee that you will have more fun with a new class than an old one, a friend of mine has 3 warlocks at 110 lvl and he has never played another class besides warlocks, imo you should prioritize what you really want out of this game, do you want to focus on mythic+? do you want to focus on raiding? arena? , i personally prefer ranged dps or tanks for raiding especially those with an easy rotation since i want to enjoy a boss as much as possible without focusing too much on pushing buttons,  i prefer healer for bgs,  ranged dps for arena and anything besides a healer at mythic+, healer+mythic+=terrible.