FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Mosi93

BM can't improve my gameplay atm

Hi,
i'm stuck with my gameplay at the moment.
Damage is not really good and not improving
the last weeks.
Compared to very good players i can't see that
much of a difference, except that they call the
attacks a lot more often. But I don´t sit on my
focus, there's not much wasted.
I know the legendary neck is not for damage, but our
raid is not so good and i cant afford to die.
Some of the better tries:
https://de.warcraftlogs.com/reports/mC1TzbQk3pKJjAYP#fight=8
https://de.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Xz39xDQFam1cykjM#fight=7&type=damage-done&source=11
https://de.warcraftlogs.com/reports/kn3Ha9Tjvr2gqZDK#fight=7&type=damage-done&source=9
https://de.warcraftlogs.com/reports/mC1TzbQk3pKJjAYP#fight=1

thanks for reading and maybe someone can give
me a hint where to go.

Given that you're not aiming for top tier progression, you're mostly doing fine. But if you're looking at your talents you've kind of got a mix and match between zoo build and DF build. Either go stomp/one with the pack and get 2pc T19, or go dire frenzy and drop some crit for haste.

Aside from that you're just in a heroic guild so your kill times will be longer therefore your dps will be lower.

If you really want to improve your character I'd say join a new guild that has higher progression where you'll get faster kills and as a result you'll see higher dps. That and your talents are the biggest thing.

• Like 1

you have the same problem as me. to many cobra shots.   lookn at the rotation on icy veins. 

1. Cast A Murder of Crows Icon A Murder of Crows. If the cooldown of Bestial Wrath Icon Bestial Wrath is under ~30 seconds, delay it to line it up with Bestial Wrath.
  2. Cast Titan's Thunder Icon Titan's Thunder on cooldown and when you have a Dire Beast active on the target. Try to cast it right after casting Dire Beast for maximum benefit. With Dire Frenzy Icon Dire Frenzy chosen, just use it on cooldown.
  3. Cast Dire Beast Icon Dire Beast, or Dire Frenzy Icon Dire Frenzy if you have taken this talent. Delay Dire Beast if Bestial Wrath is within 3 seconds of coming up. See the 7.2.5 rotational changes below for a more detailed Dire Frenzy usage guide.
  4. Activate Bestial Wrath Icon Bestial Wrath on cooldown.
  5. Cast Kill Command Icon Kill Command.
  6. Cast Cobra Shot Icon Cobra Shot when you have over 90 Focus, or as a filler for free GCDs. The point is to not use it so much that you cannot cast Kill Command Icon Kill Command on cooldown, but also to not cast it so little that you overcap focus.

Might help a little

look me up. Julietto- Zul'jin

Thanks for the comments.
My T19 stuff is very low but I will give it a try
and change to one with the pack.
Also I will have a look on not missing Kill Command
because of Cobra shot.
But I will not change the guild, those guys are so
much fun :)

On 01/11/2017 at 9:46 AM, Mosi93 said:

i'm stuck with my gameplay at the moment.

switch to aspect of the beast not killer cobra. It sims marginally better for you but might have a huge impact on your numbers due how spam cobra shot that play-style is. 

Also...get T19. Every time you log in you have to ask yourself "how can i get 2 T19?" 

Play the argus slot machine until you get a arcano crystal then use that with the tome. 

On 01/11/2017 at 12:55 PM, Jamer said:

look me up. Julietto- Zul'jin

I did ...you need to be asking for help not trying to provide assistance.  T19 is very important. 

Just now, Banard said:

I did ...you need to be asking for help not trying to provide assistance.  T19 is very important. 

I know about my problem and im trying to fix it. i dont like the Zoo build so NO i will not get T19

22 hours ago, Jamer said:

I know about my problem and im trying to fix it. i dont like the Zoo build so NO i will not get T19

For some reason this site swears by Zoo for BM hunters.  Dire Frenzy is much better IMO, especially for ST encounters.  I play pure Dire Frenzy and i do fairly well.

Use 4-piece T20.  Parsels & Belt for single target. Talents Cobra & Crows.  Switch to shoulders and Tier chest for AoE encounters.  Talents use Dire Stable & Volley.  Try to stack haste and mastery as much as possible while keeping your crit around 20%

Here is a link to some logs to show you how the setup performs.  I didnt switch to aoe for some of the fights because it wasnt needed like it is on mistress.  But changing out to aoe could pad your damage to parse higher on the encounters that require it.  Also my guild is only 5/9M.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/dTtX34KRkPvfJawz/#fight=2&type=damage-done

4 hours ago, Tru said:

For some reason this site swears by Zoo for BM hunters.  Dire Frenzy is much better IMO, especially for ST encounters.  I play pure Dire Frenzy and i do fairly well.

Use 4-piece T20.  Parsels & Belt for single target. Talents Cobra & Crows.  Switch to shoulders and Tier chest for AoE encounters.  Talents use Dire Stable & Volley.  Try to stack haste and mastery as much as possible while keeping your crit around 20%

Here is a link to some logs to show you how the setup performs.  I didnt switch to aoe for some of the fights because it wasnt needed like it is on mistress.  But changing out to aoe could pad your damage to parse higher on the encounters that require it.  Also my guild is only 5/9M.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/dTtX34KRkPvfJawz/#fight=2&type=damage-done

Because ALL the highest logs are using the zoo build. Becuase ALL the sims agree that the zoo build is stronger.

This is you.

This is me.

Pretty obvious which one is stronger. Stop giving wrong advice.

On ‎3‎-‎11‎-‎2017 at 3:02 PM, Jamer said:

I dont like the zoo build neither (even though the zoo build is stronger), it all comes down to personal preference. What you want to optimize with the DF build is managing your DF stacks, also the belt and the wrists can make a very supreme combination (I switched my shoulders for the wrists due to tier). Also your opener is very important and will determ how much dps you will do overal, I open with a pre pot, A murder of Crows, Beastial Wrath, Aspect of the wild, Titans Thunder, Kill Command, Dire Frenzy, Cobra shot, Kill Command, Cobra Shot, Dire Frenzy and from there on you keep spamming your Kill Commands and Cobra Shots in the Beastial Wrath window. From there on its managing your focus, if you are going to cap your focus use a Cobra Shot and use Kill Command on cooldown untill you got Beastial Wrath again (make sure you got full focus when it gets of cooldown). And never forget to use your second potion

Here is a link to my logs where you can see my gear set up and stats and some fights I did well on for my bracket

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/eu/silvermoon/týwin

Edited by Tywin

9 hours ago, Tywin said:

I dont like the zoo build neither (even though the zoo build is stronger), it all comes down to personal preference.

Sure, and there's advice to be given to optimize the Dire Frenzy build. But as a "DPS increase advice", personal preference is a weak argument. We have to argue in favor of the strongest build.

I'm also not hearing what it is that people claim dislike about the zoo build so much. You might be doing it wrong without realizing, but I just have to take it at face value. If you tried the zoo build at low crit chance you haven't really seen how it feels. The zoo build feels very different when you have a high crit chance and Wild Call procs a lot. It also feels very different with or without wearing Qa'pla.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Khallid said:

Sure, and there's advice to be given to optimize the Dire Frenzy build. But as a "DPS increase advice", personal preference is a weak argument. We have to argue in favor of the strongest build.

I'm also not hearing what it is that people claim dislike about the zoo build so much. You might be doing it wrong without realizing, but I just have to take it at face value. If you tried the zoo build at low crit chance you haven't really seen how it feels. The zoo build feels very different when you have a high crit chance and Wild Call procs a lot. It also feels very different with or without wearing Qa'pla.

The guy who started the thread said himself he favors the DF build over the stomp build so hence why I am focussing on that and giving him tips to increase his dps with this build, me for my self I keep playing the DF build because I farmed all the gear (haste/mastery) for it. And Ive grown a liking towards the playstyle. Ive got the Qa'pla legendairy and I used it a long time with DF as well untill I got the shoulders that were bis for BM. 

15 hours ago, Tywin said:

The guy who started the thread said himself he favors the DF build over the stomp build so hence why I am focussing on that and giving him tips to increase his dps with this build, me for my self I keep playing the DF build because I farmed all the gear (haste/mastery) for it. And Ive grown a liking towards the playstyle. Ive got the Qa'pla legendairy and I used it a long time with DF as well untill I got the shoulders that were bis for BM. 

It is nice to have someone that is well versed in the DF build to help those that are married to it, and for that I thank you. However, Mosi93 (OP) never stated that he favors either build. He posted some links and asked for help, and that is why everyone is pushing him to the Stomp build. If he had instead said something along the lines of what Jamer is saying, ~ I'm not going back for T19 and I only want to play DF, advice would be very different. 

On 05/11/2017 at 6:17 PM, Tywin said:

Stop. Both you and that Jamer guy needs to stop.

It is bad enough BM hunters got to live with the stigma of

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/13

We are on average as a group on the bottom of the DPS meters (we only beat 3 specs). What don't help is thick headed people who try to argue that "Stomp" vs "Dire Frenzy" is a huge difference in game play and you hate playing one and not the other. We all played played both specs...there is barley any difference between the two. Its not like your re-rolling MM or Surv. One will increase your DPS the other makes your dps bleh.  

Stomp was top in EN, DF in NH and Stomp again in ToS. 

Everyone has there own reasons they picked the spec they did. At least try to be the best you can be with the spec you selected to improve your own game play and help out your guild. 

If not, stop typing and stop giving advise.  Stop being stubborn.  

It is at the point, this conversation is moot. New raid comes out in couple weeks.  It be a all new playground. Do yourself and your raid a favour, find out what is optimal and aim for that. Do not settle for anything less then 99% logs. That improves you and the rest of us. As the community get better, so do the rest of us that strive to improve. 

Edited by Banard

On 03/11/2017 at 11:32 AM, Jamer said:

I dont like the Zoo build so NO i will not get T19

Stop raiding. If you are going to be that stubborn and think there is that much game play difference between Stomp and DF then your raid don't need you there. 

As i said in the other post, its moot now, new raid coming out. Find out what is optimal for BM, play that/farm gear for that...then go kill some titans.  Improve your gameplay. 

Edited by Banard

On 11/4/2017 at 12:05 PM, Khallid said:

Because ALL the highest logs are using the zoo build. Becuase ALL the sims agree that the zoo build is stronger.

This is you.

This is me.

Pretty obvious which one is stronger. Stop giving wrong advice.

That means nothing other than your guild is helping you parse higher. Your time elapsed in for every fight is literally 2 mins shorter than mine.

Zoo build sucks.

2 hours ago, Tru said:

That means nothing other than your guild is helping you parse higher. Your time elapsed in for every fight is literally 2 mins shorter than mine.

Zoo build sucks.

Perfect example with whats wrong with the world today. Provided facts, don't believe said facts.  The next thing he be yelling is fake news.  Come up with some twisted illogical argument to support his incompetent stance in a argument. 

For those reading this tread and on future post, be sceptical about every thing Tru post. It is a fact that in TOS stomp is better then DF and over 20,000 parses have illustrated it. 

As a reader you should question any player who tries to argue anything about the play style of stomp vs DF. It is seriously not that different. BM does not have that much depth.  

but again, it appears reading comprehension is also low ...it is all a moot point. There are only 20 days left to ToS and those of you arguing about DF are in no position to be cutting edge unless you can cough of up the gold to be carried.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tru said:

Zoo build sucks.

Also....i'll copy and post from another thread on another hunter's disillusions about DF: 

Again what you are saying is false. I don't care what you see in your sandbox or your anecdotal evidence. Bring a hunter? Here take your pick: 

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/server/150/latest/#class=Hunter&spec=BeastMastery

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/server/99/latest/#class=Hunter&spec=BeastMastery

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/server/206/latest/#class=Hunter&spec=BeastMastery

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/server/123/latest/#class=Hunter&spec=BeastMastery

or better yet: 

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/13#boss=2032&class=Hunter&spec=BeastMastery

^ the ranking for BM Hunter for Mythic Goroth. 

I am pretty sure i made it clear, your comment is false your spreading wrong information. You are confusing people that are looking for help. 

6 hours ago, Tru said:

Zoo build sucks.

What are you smoking? Did you even look at the logs? The only fight where your guild takes forever is mythic sisters. Our kills have actually very similar kill times. Your guild has Inquisition and Harjatan down a bit faster than mine. You're being delusional if you think my guild is carrying my parses, because I top my guild's dps meters.

We're also stuck on Mistress for the last 5 or 6 weeks. My guild is not Cutting Edge.

And if you look at heroic, I have 99 parses on every fight, you don't. How would a mythic guild get slow kill times of heroic bosses? That just doesn't happen.

Edited by Khallid
  • Like 1

On ‎6‎-‎11‎-‎2017 at 2:06 PM, Sisco said:

It is nice to have someone that is well versed in the DF build to help those that are married to it, and for that I thank you. However, Mosi93 (OP) never stated that he favors either build. He posted some links and asked for help, and that is why everyone is pushing him to the Stomp build. If he had instead said something along the lines of what Jamer is saying, ~ I'm not going back for T19 and I only want to play DF, advice would be very different. 

Thank you mate and you are right. It was someone else who stated that he was not gonna get the T19 because he doesnt like the zoo build. I got that mixed up, my bad :).

On ‎7‎-‎11‎-‎2017 at 2:02 PM, Banard said:

Stop. Both you and that Jamer guy needs to stop.

It is bad enough BM hunters got to live with the stigma of

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/13

We are on average as a group on the bottom of the DPS meters (we only beat 3 specs). What don't help is thick headed people who try to argue that "Stomp" vs "Dire Frenzy" is a huge difference in game play and you hate playing one and not the other. We all played played both specs...there is barley any difference between the two. Its not like your re-rolling MM or Surv. One will increase your DPS the other makes your dps bleh.  

Stomp was top in EN, DF in NH and Stomp again in ToS. 

Everyone has there own reasons they picked the spec they did. At least try to be the best you can be with the spec you selected to improve your own game play and help out your guild. 

If not, stop typing and stop giving advise.  Stop being stubborn.  

It is at the point, this conversation is moot. New raid comes out in couple weeks.  It be a all new playground. Do yourself and your raid a favour, find out what is optimal and aim for that. Do not settle for anything less then 99% logs. That improves you and the rest of us. As the community get better, so do the rest of us that strive to improve. 

I play the DF build because I farmed all the gear for it and I am used to it. Also I feel like I play the build well and I can compete with other people using the stomp build. I agree people should allways try to improve their gameplay, but that does not per se have to be the flavor of the month build (stomp build). Yes the stomp build is stronger but still it remains a choice for everyone what they favor. In the end it is not the dps that kills bosses but tactics, if everyone does the tactics and the boss dies with in the enrage timer. It does not matter how high your dps was. So I will keep on rocking BM spec with my beloved DF build that I love to play and I encourage everyone to keep on playing the way they want and dont listen to people telling you off for doing so.

On 11/2/2017 at 9:43 AM, Mosi93 said:

Thanks for the comments.
My T19 stuff is very low but I will give it a try
and change to one with the pack.
Also I will have a look on not missing Kill Command
because of Cobra shot.
But I will not change the guild, those guys are so
much fun :)

I'm 938 with 2 H T19 pieces (885/890).   Partly because the RNG has not given me any pants over 915/920.     Partly because my parses with DF sucked worse than my Killer Cobra utilization.

I dumped Killer Cobra for AotB because it's more forgiving for me.  I never seemed to get the big DPS boost out of Killer Cobra that other hunters were, especially in the H TOS guild I was raiding with (3 other BM).  Not sure if it's being on wifi has anything to do with the delay/lag I see, or it's just my 55 yr old reaction time.  I'm unlikely to ever be a top-tier mythic raider.  But I enjoy pursuing it to the best that I can.

Getting good means taking advice, learning the tools (raidbots, simc, etc) and practicing.   I practiced Killer Cobra for months. Targets, I can do, raid, not so much.