Jump to content
FORUMS
Damien

DMO Frozen Orb Wizard

Recommended Posts

Sweet. Wizard class finally rereleased. I think Frozen Orb is also possible and viable for Tal Rasha variant :P  Hoping for speedrunning variant here too..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Kaelos said:

Hoping for speedrunning variant here too..

Sadly, no speedrunning variation of the build is going to be added to the guide.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Thorathal
On 2/11/2017 at 4:16 PM, positiv2 said:

Sadly, no speedrunning variation of the build is going to be added to the guide.

Watch the video for a speedrun variation

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Guest Thorathal said:

Watch the video for a speedrun variation

What video do you mean?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/15/2017 at 5:25 AM, Guest Spectre_06 said:

Why isn't this build called Snowball Fight?

Because nobody is throwing them back :(

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Kuneiform

2 hours of playing and this build is already stronger than my nearly complete lightning archon. That is with only 1 piece of delseres. Very (over)powerful. Awesome. Possible nerf coming? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Guest Kuneiform said:

2 hours of playing and this build is already stronger than my nearly complete lightning archon. That is with only 1 piece of delseres. Very (over)powerful. Awesome. Possible nerf coming? 

I doubt it. The build does nowhere near the DPS of a Rathma Necro or RG killer, so no need for nerf.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/18/2017 at 12:07 PM, Guest Name said:

A link was posted at the bnet forums of the EU #1 non seasonal, 118, with a vyr frozen orb. Perhaps this could be added as a variant since it, for the moment, outperforms other variations? https://www.d3planner.com/182499693

Passing to Deadset.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest noobie

a noob question. the 2nd property of slow time 60% damage reduction while you have a slow time active

does this mean i don't have to be inside the bubble to gain damage reduction?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/21/2017 at 2:24 AM, Spectreniner said:

That's ridic.  His gems are 121 and 129...../faint

It's pretty easy to level up gems now with everyone being so strong! :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/21/2017 at 9:22 AM, Guest noobie said:

a noob question. the 2nd property of slow time 60% damage reduction while you have a slow time active

does this mean i don't have to be inside the bubble to gain damage reduction?

Yep, you're right. You don't have to stand in it, your toughness will go up as long as a zone is active somewhere. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/22/2017 at 5:32 AM, Blainie said:

It's pretty easy to level up gems now with everyone being so strong! :p

Mine are level 80 without any help and I thought that was pretty amazing.  I can only imagine what my LazyArmor build would be like if my gems were 100+, lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/26/2017 at 3:16 AM, Spectreniner said:

Mine are level 80 without any help and I thought that was pretty amazing.  I can only imagine what my LazyArmor build would be like if my gems were 100+, lol

As soon as you enter a Rathma speed group, you can do a gem from 0-90 in just over an hour. It's crazy!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Blainie said:

As soon as you enter a Rathma speed group, you can do a gem from 0-90 in just over an hour. It's crazy!

Yeah, I got into the Greater Rifting community channel but the last two days, I've looked for some groups to run with and nothing. :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Spectreniner said:

Yeah, I got into the Greater Rifting community channel but the last two days, I've looked for some groups to run with and nothing. :(

I'd recommend boosting up a Necro or Barb and then building them as zDPS/Globe - it's a lot easier to find a group than as a wiz.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why is Shock Pulse (Piercing Orb) the recommended primary skill for this build? The guide states that it has a "superior proc coefficient" but what proc is it talking about? The Triumvirate buff is per cast so it seems to me that taking Spectral Blade (Barrier Blades) would be better as (I think) it casts faster and also gives you some damage mitigation. I must be missing something here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Verc
On 12/8/2017 at 4:57 PM, Holtreich said:

Why is Shock Pulse (Piercing Orb) the recommended primary skill for this build? The guide states that it has a "superior proc coefficient" but what proc is it talking about? The Triumvirate buff is per cast so it seems to me that taking Spectral Blade (Barrier Blades) would be better as (I think) it casts faster and also gives you some damage mitigation. I must be missing something here.

The most relevant is Arcane Power on Crit; Piercing Orb will proc this more often and also is a ranged attack which has obvious synergy. In addition to this, the fact that it oscillates and pierces means it covers a larger area which helps contribute to more procs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

why not using the Shame of Delsere belt?

seems like it would be a good choice to spam sig. spells for mana return faster, as well as just being interesting "aesthetically" (as it's sort of another Delsere piece)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2.11.2017 at 4:16 PM, positiv2 said:

Sadly, no speedrunning variation of the build is going to be added to the guide.

Well the DMO Arcane Orbit has a speedrun variant, might as well use it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18/12/2017 at 4:35 PM, tzxAzrael said:

why not using the Shame of Delsere belt?

seems like it would be a good choice to spam sig. spells for mana return faster, as well as just being interesting "aesthetically" (as it's sort of another Delsere piece)

Because you aren't going to be spamming Frozen Orb with this build. You need to use your generator anyway for Elemental Exposure and Triumvirate. Given that you need good positioning and either an Oculus proc or CoE rotation, you will spend most of your time re-positioning mobs for your Orb explosion position. You can use the generator at this point rather than useless Orbs that won't explode on the correct area. The damage increase you'll see from those extra orbs will never reach the increase from Witching Hour.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 27/12/2017 at 3:59 AM, Kaelos said:

Well the DMO Arcane Orbit has a speedrun variant, might as well use it

I can't see how DMO speed can work in the slightest, since you need Slow Time areas constantly for damage. With the delay in them, even with the reduction after you hit an enemy, I just can't see how it is a speed build. Compared to either Woh EB, Manald Archon or Firebird's Archon, you're going to see far, far slower clears. Even more so on bounties.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By Stan
      We're dealing with Monks in this week's Challenge Rift, so check out the video guides for a smooth clear!
      EU Challenge Rift 145
      Ignore Mantra of Salvation and Cyclone Strike; both abilities are a waste of spirit. Use Sweeping Wind when you enter the rift and again if you die. Keep channeling Tempest Rush from the moment you enter the rift until you are out, use Epiphany on cooldown so that you don't run out of spirit. Use Blinding Flash on the Rift Guardian.
      For the layout and more tips check out Mnemonic's video below.
      US Challenge Rift 145
      Spam Breath of Heaven and Epiphany whenever they are up. Note that using Epiphany will teleport you to the target. Never use Mantra of Salvation or Wave of Light. Dash to monsters and use Crippling Wave (spirit generator) to punch them.
      Check out the video below by Raxxanterax for more details about this week's Challenge Rift!
    • By Stan
      In this week's Challenge Rift, we're dealing with the new Wizard Hydra set.
      EU Challenge Rift 144
      Use Storm Armor and Familiar at the beginning of the rift to buff up.
      Black Hole should be used on Elites and to stack up enemies. Teleport around and let HydraArcane Hydras do the work. You always want to have up five hydras.
      For the layout and additional tips check out Mnemonic's video below.
      US Challenge Rift 144
      At the beginning of the rift, activate your Magic WeaponConduit and Storm ArmorScramble.
      Activate Slow TimeTime Warp on Elites. You can use TeleportWormhole twice within a short time frame, so make sure to use that for moving around efficiently. 
      Black HoleAbsolute Zero should be used to gather up enemies, otherwise, just summon Hydras.
      Check out the video below by Raxxanterax for more details about this week's Challenge Rift!
    • By Damien
      This thread is for comments about our Jambre's Rank 4 Legend Highlander Galakrond Rogue Deck.
    • By Damien
      This thread is for comments about our PapaJason's Top 50 Legend Reno Mage Deck.
    • By Stan
      The first Challenge Rift of Season 20 has arrived and we have a Barbarian utilizing the new Frenzy set in both regions.
      EU Challenge Rift 143
      Activate Battle Rage for more damage and War Cry for more toughness when you enter the rift. Immediately start attacking mobs to get the 5 stacks of Frenzy going. You need to maintain them which is not that hard, just keep attacking. Use Furious Charge to move around. Try to utilize the Shield Pylon from the first floor up to the fourth where the mob type deals less damage.
      For the layout and additional tips check out Mnemonic's video below.
      US Challenge Rift 143
      The Flavor of Time is going to double the duration of your pylons and Bane of the Powerful provides a damage-increasing buff after killing an elite pack. When killing yellow elites, it means you must defeat all their minions too for it to trigger.
      You activate Wrath of the BerserkerInsanity, Threatening ShoutIntimidate, and War CryImpunity all the time. Battle RageBloodshed should be cast just twice because the buff lasts long.
      Other than that, you use Furious Charge to move around and fish for Elite packs and keep 10 stacks of Frenzy up.
      Check out the video by Raxxanterax for the layout of this week's Challenge Rift.
×
×
  • Create New...