Stan

World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth Expansion

Sign in to follow this  

26 posts in this topic

BHvEl2j.jpg

World of Warcraft's next expansion is called Battle for Azeroth!

The plan is to bring World of Warcraft back to its roots.

Details

• Level cap raised to level 120
  • New continents - Kul Tiras & Zandalar
  • New dungeons & raids
  • Subraces
  • Plunder Uncharted Islands
  • Dominate Warfronts

Overview

Blizzard went down the extra mile and also revealed the cinematic trailer for the expansion.

Screenshots

2017-11-03 20_06_33-BlizzCon 2017 - BLIZZCON ALL ACCESS.png2017-11-03 20_06_37-BlizzCon 2017 - BLIZZCON ALL ACCESS.png2017-11-03 20_06_39-BlizzCon 2017 - BLIZZCON ALL ACCESS.png2017-11-03 20_06_42-BlizzCon 2017 - BLIZZCON ALL ACCESS.png2017-11-03 20_06_45-BlizzCon 2017 - BLIZZCON ALL ACCESS.png2017-11-03 20_06_51-BlizzCon 2017 - BLIZZCON ALL ACCESS.png2017-11-03 20_06_54-BlizzCon 2017 - BLIZZCON ALL ACCESS.png2017-11-03 20_06_56-BlizzCon 2017 - BLIZZCON ALL ACCESS.png2017-11-03 20_06_59-BlizzCon 2017 - BLIZZCON ALL ACCESS.png2017-11-03 20_07_02-BlizzCon 2017 - BLIZZCON ALL ACCESS.png2017-11-03 20_07_05-BlizzCon 2017 - BLIZZCON ALL ACCESS.png2017-11-03 20_07_09-BlizzCon 2017 - BLIZZCON ALL ACCESS.png2017-11-03 20_07_14-BlizzCon 2017 - BLIZZCON ALL ACCESS.png2017-11-03 20_07_17-BlizzCon 2017 - BLIZZCON ALL ACCESS.png2017-11-03 20_07_20-BlizzCon 2017 - BLIZZCON ALL ACCESS.png2017-11-03 20_07_23-BlizzCon 2017 - BLIZZCON ALL ACCESS.png2017-11-03 20_07_27-BlizzCon 2017 - BLIZZCON ALL ACCESS.png2017-11-03 20_07_32-BlizzCon 2017 - BLIZZCON ALL ACCESS.png2017-11-03 20_07_35-BlizzCon 2017 - BLIZZCON ALL ACCESS.png2017-11-03 20_07_40-BlizzCon 2017 - BLIZZCON ALL ACCESS.png2017-11-03 20_07_43-BlizzCon 2017 - BLIZZCON ALL ACCESS.png2017-11-03 20_07_46-BlizzCon 2017 - BLIZZCON ALL ACCESS.png2017-11-03 20_07_49-BlizzCon 2017 - BLIZZCON ALL ACCESS.png2017-11-03 20_07_54-BlizzCon 2017 - BLIZZCON ALL ACCESS.png2017-11-03 20_07_58-BlizzCon 2017 - BLIZZCON ALL ACCESS.png2017-11-03 20_08_00-BlizzCon 2017 - BLIZZCON ALL ACCESS.png2017-11-03 20_10_58-BlizzCon 2017 - BLIZZCON ALL ACCESS.png2017-11-03 20_11_05-BlizzCon 2017 - BLIZZCON ALL ACCESS.png2017-11-03 20_11_10-BlizzCon 2017 - BLIZZCON ALL ACCESS.png2017-11-03 20_11_16-BlizzCon 2017 - BLIZZCON ALL ACCESS.png2017-11-03 20_11_41-BlizzCon 2017 - BLIZZCON ALL ACCESS.png2017-11-03 20_11_48-BlizzCon 2017 - BLIZZCON ALL ACCESS.png2017-11-03 20_11_55-BlizzCon 2017 - BLIZZCON ALL ACCESS.png2017-11-03 20_12_08-BlizzCon 2017 - BLIZZCON ALL ACCESS.png2017-11-03 20_12_13-BlizzCon 2017 - BLIZZCON ALL ACCESS.png2017-11-03 20_12_21-BlizzCon 2017 - BLIZZCON ALL ACCESS.png2017-11-03 20_12_37-BlizzCon 2017 - BLIZZCON ALL ACCESS.png2017-11-03 20_13_26-BlizzCon 2017 - BLIZZCON ALL ACCESS.png2017-11-03 20_13_46-BlizzCon 2017 - BLIZZCON ALL ACCESS.png2017-11-03 20_14_08-BlizzCon 2017 - BLIZZCON ALL ACCESS.png2017-11-03 20_05_55-BlizzCon 2017 - BLIZZCON ALL ACCESS.png2017-11-03 20_06_03-BlizzCon 2017 - BLIZZCON ALL ACCESS.png2017-11-03 20_06_06-BlizzCon 2017 - BLIZZCON ALL ACCESS.png2017-11-03 20_06_09-BlizzCon 2017 - BLIZZCON ALL ACCESS.png2017-11-03 20_06_11-BlizzCon 2017 - BLIZZCON ALL ACCESS.png2017-11-03 20_06_15-BlizzCon 2017 - BLIZZCON ALL ACCESS.png2017-11-03 20_06_19-BlizzCon 2017 - BLIZZCON ALL ACCESS.png2017-11-03 20_06_21-BlizzCon 2017 - BLIZZCON ALL ACCESS.png2017-11-03 20_06_23-BlizzCon 2017 - BLIZZCON ALL ACCESS.png2017-11-03 20_06_29-BlizzCon 2017 - BLIZZCON ALL ACCESS.png

Press Release

Blizzard LogoBlizzard (Source)

DECLARE YOUR ALLEGIANCE IN THE BATTLE FOR AZEROTH

All-out war between the Horde and the Alliance erupts in the seventh expansion to Blizzard Entertainment’s World of Warcraft®

Recruit and play as new Allied Races, plunder the Islands of the Great Sea in search of vital resources, lead the charge in grand-scale PvE Warfronts, and more 

ANAHEIM, Calif.—November 3, 2017—The battle against the Legion has left the world broken—but the shattered trust between the Alliance and the Horde could prove the hardest wound to mend. Blizzard Entertainment today unveiled plans for World of Warcraft®: Battle for Azeroth, a new expansion to the company’s acclaimed massively multiplayer online role-playing game that will test players’ resolve as they champion their faction’s cause in a devastating new war.

In Battle for Azeroth, the fall of the Burning Legion has set off a series of disastrous incidents that reignites the furious rivalry between the noble Alliance and the mighty Horde. As a new age of warfare begins, Azeroth’s heroes must set out on a harrowing journey in search of new allies, race to claim the world’s mightiest resources to turn the tides of war, and fight on several fronts to determine which side will lead Azeroth into its uncertain future.

“Conflict is at the heart of the Warcraft® saga, and in Battle for Azeroth, tensions that have been simmering for a long time escalate into all-out war,” said Mike Morhaime, CEO and cofounder of Blizzard Entertainment. “World of Warcraft players are incredibly passionate about the characters and factions they identify with in the game, and this expansion will make them prouder than ever to declare their allegiance to the Horde or to the Alliance.”

World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth includes new features and content that will put heroes’ dedication and fortitude to the test. In this expansion, players will be called upon to:

• Explore Two Fabled Kingdoms: As a champion of the Horde, travel to the Zandalar empire to persuade the trolls to lend their naval might. As a defender of the Alliance, venture to the seafaring kingdom of Kul Tiras, home of Jaina Proudmoore, and rally its inhabitants to fight for your cause.
  • Recruit Allied Races: Take a new form for your adventures as several new playable Allied Races, each with unique racial abilities. Earn the favor of the Highmountain tauren, Void elves, Dark Iron dwarves, and others to create a new character of that race and add their strength to your faction.
  • Plunder the Islands of the Great Sea: Scour Azeroth’s myriad uncharted Islands and conquer an ever-changing array of enemies, environments, and objectives. Battle in groups of three as you race against cunning rival intruders—or enemy players—to collect each island’s resources and fuel the war effort.
  • Charge Into the Warfronts: Fight on the battlefields of a large-scale, 20-player cooperative Warfront to claim a key strategic location. Capture resources to build your faction’s forces, lead the charge as your troops lay siege to objectives, and fight the enemy commander to claim victory in this new PvE mode inspired by classic Warcraft RTS battles.
  • Infuse Your Armor with Titanic Might: Seek out Azerite, an invaluable new resource that has emerged in the Legion’s wake. Imbue the Heart of Azeroth—a legendary neck piece entrusted to each hero by Magni Bronzebeard—with Azerite to customize your armor with new powers and traits.
  • Battle to Level 120: Trace the corruption of the Blood God to the Underrot, unearth the secrets of a lost titan vault, escape from the Drust Realm of the Dead, and more as you quest through 10 new levels—then continue to grow in power through new World Quests, raids, dungeons, and more.
  • Instantly Boost to Level 110: Enter the raging conflict between the Horde and the Alliance prepared to survive on the front lines of a vicious new war.
  • Connect Through Communities: Join up with WoW®players who share common interests in persistent cross-realm Communities. Share strategies with members of your class, fraternize with auction house magnates, talk shop with fellow tailors, and expand your social circles.

To learn more about World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth, visit the expansion’s official website at www.worldofwarcraft.com/battleforazeroth.

idk why they went with the PVP expansion instead of the Old Gods one.  I am both dissapointed and happy in a way. Bringing back PVP but the new exp is not linking with the current one.

18 minutes ago, Vodata said:

idk why they went with the PVP expansion instead of the Old Gods one.  I am both dissapointed and happy in a way. Bringing back PVP but the new exp is not linking with the current one.

Actually not surprised they went this route. I am pretty sure Old Gods will still have some part in this expansion in some form or another just like C'thun, Yogg, and Y'shaaraj. 

Pretty freaking hyped about this though!!!

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Syktris said:

Totally disappointed since I don't care at all about the war between Horde and Alliance.

It's too sudden, i think it will be some dark force behind that led to this...at the end of eEgion alliance and horde were on very friendly terms. And now they waging war against each other.

I think its wierd that Anduin is fighting the Horde... I mean- Greymane of course but he would seek for peace n stuff...right?

Also you all have to think about other factors, Jaina went missing during Legion and so did Sylvanas. I don't think the Old God, N'Zoth had anything to do with this war, but I am willing to bet that it's these two characters that are driving force to this all out war.

10 minutes ago, Rhondis said:

Actually not surprised they went this route. I am pretty sure Old Gods will still have some part in this expansion in some form or another just like C'thun, Yogg, and Y'shaaraj. 

Pretty freaking hyped about this though!!!

Indeed..the Old Gods feed on conflict and hatred...and since both new zones are surrounded by waters, maybe Queen Azshara will appear in some way.

1 minute ago, sixto said:

Indeed..the Old Gods feed on conflict and hatred...and since both new zones are surrounded by waters, maybe Queen Azshara will appear in some way.

i dont like Azshara for some point... i like N'zoth more or C'thun

Just now, Vodata said:

i dont like Azshara for some point... i like N'zoth more or C'thun

Well she got some of her powers and naga forms thanks to N'Zoth...if she appears in any form of encounter...the lord of depths is not far away...

Hey guys, Sargeras opened this giant wound in Silithus, but lets just fight amongst ourselves and go back to fighting Zandalari trolls AGAIN. Just ignore the wound and the void lords, we'd rather fight amongst our ant-selves until the void lords throws a bowling ball the size of azeroth at us.

No, it doesn't make sense, but this is what it is :(

• Like 1

so will we still be advancing our artifact weapons? or will the first green we pick up in the new xpac be more powerful and all that time we spent on artifact weapons was a total waste of time!

3 minutes ago, Yridaa said:

Hey guys, Sargeras opened this giant wound in Silithus, but lets just fight amongst ourselves and go back to fighting Zandalari trolls AGAIN. Just ignore the wound and the void lords, we'd rather fight amongst our ant-selves until the void lords throws a bowling ball the size of azeroth at us.

No, it doesn't make sense, but this is what it is :(

It's MoP 2.0

Since we'll be facing Azshara and N'Zoth :)

12 hours ago, Syktris said:

Totally disappointed since I don't care at all about the war between Horde and Alliance.

Yeah, absolutely not hyped for upcoming expansion. This whole concept is a facepalm after the "For Azeroth" motto and after so much rumoured void content.

Edited by Hypersonic

Since Horde and Alliance pandarians can talk to each other in their language, and Horde/Ally demon hunters can communicate in Demonic, I was all but trying to force myself to harbor some hope that we wouldn't go back to the same old Red vs Blue rut.

Oh well.

It even goes into the Allied Races. What has the Alliance done to make Highmountain side against them? Lightforged Draenei have battled the end of all life in the universe for thousands of years and now they're happy to pick a side in some petty conflict on a single world, fought by people who are mostly as mayflies to them?  And with that Light's justice racial AoE, the Alliance is escalating the war with the use of orbit to ground weaponry. Is that really the most important thing the Army of the Light could be doing right now?

I guess I'll give you the elves - Alleria invented Void Elves,  and she doesn't like the Horde, while all throughout the Nightfallen quest lines, Tyrande has just been a huge jerk to those guys compared to Liadrin. It always cracks me up when I do the "Post Notices" world quest and Liadrin is like "These people must know that help is coming and that they have a future beyond the demons!" and Tyrande's text is like "The more Suramar citizens rise up and gum up the Legion's weapons, the fewer Kal'dorei will be hurt!"

And I guess Horde hates trolls slightly less than the rest of the world and Moira made the Dark Irons acceptable to the Alliance.

Oh well, let's decant a few thousand more Grunts and Footmen from the cloning facility to throw into the grinder to convince player characters that things are serious.

Also slightly surreal after dealing with all these legion space ships, the DH's Fel Hammer, the Vindicaar and Xenedar, and now they throw us back into the age of wooden ships and iron men or something. Just pretend we never invented metal-hulled steam powered ships back in WotLK, guys.

Edited by Psykmoe

On 11/3/2017 at 3:53 PM, Lucawa said:

I think its wierd that Anduin is fighting the Horde... I mean- Greymane of course but he would seek for peace n stuff...right?

You see the sword he's holding right?

Cinematic Graphics 10/10

Fighting between Horde and Alliance from centuries and again new x'pac cinematic predicts it 2/10

What else new will come that can change the boring mood. 

Fller xpac yeah,

You know, it almost looks like they're not even done developing it

And all that stuff with the horde and alliance fighting, only that in the xpac ?! it's as if they weren't telling us the whole xpac's story from beginning to end

Because it's evident they revealed the whole xpac's content in their 1-hour long conference, right ?

On 11/4/2017 at 1:04 PM, Psykmoe said:

It even goes into the Allied Races. What has the Alliance done to make Highmountain side against them? Lightforged Draenei have battled the end of all life in the universe for thousands of years and now they're happy to pick a side in some petty conflict on a single world, fought by people who are mostly as mayflies to them?  And with that Light's justice racial AoE, the Alliance is escalating the war with the use of orbit to ground weaponry. Is that really the most important thing the Army of the Light could be doing right now?

Keep in mind that one character doesn't speak for the entire race. The Highmountain that choose to side with the Horde are doing so because they see a bond with their own kind (Tauren) as more important than their bond with the Alliance. There are still those that want to be neutral and they will remain in Highmountain. Same goes for the Draenei etc. - Silgryn choosing to join the Horde doesn't mean he speaks for Thalyssra. She is still neutral. So is Oculeth, so is Valtrois. 

• Like 1