Oxygen

BlizzCon 2017 - Hanzo Abilities and Talents

11 posts in this topic

wHhFHxo.jpg

Hanzo's abilities and talents have been revealed (and we have them all for you) and the hero is slated to be released on December 4.

Abilities

[D] (Trait) Natural Agility (30-second cooldown): Target unpathable terrain or a Structure to jump to the other side of it.

[Q] Storm Bow (4-second cooldown): Activate to charge an arrow that deals 270 damage to the first enemy hit. Storm Bow's range increases the longer it is Channeled. Reactivate to fire.

storm-bow.jpg

[W] Scatter Arrow (8-second cooldown): Fire an arrow that deals 85 to the first enemy Hero hit. Scatter Arrow can collide with terrain and Structures, splitting into 5 arrows that travel extra distance, ricochet up to 4 additional times, and deal 85 damage each to the first enemy hit.

scatter-arrow.jpg

[E] Sonic Arrow (20-second cooldown): Fire an arrow that grants vision in a large area for 8 seconds. Enemies inside are revealed for 1 second. If Sonic Arrow lands directly on an enemy, it deals 150 damage to them and follows them as they move.

sonic-arrow.jpg

[R1] Dragonstrike (100-second cooldown): After 1.5 seconds, summon a pair of Spirit Dragons which travel forward, dealing 52 damage every 0.25 seconds to enemy Heroes in its area. Enemies in the center take 150 damage.

dragonstrike.jpg

[R2] Dragon's Arrow (100-second cooldown): Fire a missile that travels across the battleground. Explodes upon hitting an enemy Hero, dealing 100 damage to all nearby enemies and Stunning them for 0.5 seconds. After traveling a medium distance, the damage is increased to 200 and the Stun duration to 1.25 seconds. After traveling a long distance, the damage is increased to 350 and the Stun duration to 2 seconds.

dragons-arrow.jpg

Talents

Level 1

• Target Practice (Quest): Hit every enemy hero with Hero with Storm Bow. Reward: After hitting every enemy hero once with Storm Bow, its range is increased by 30%. Reward: After hitting every enemy hero 3 times with Storm Bow, its damage is increased by 100.
  • Simple Geometry: Hit a hero with multiple arrows from the same Scatter Arrow cast 20 times. Each arrow hit after the second grants additional progress. Reward: Upon hitting terrain for the first time, Scatter Arrow creates 2 additional arrows.
  • Redemption: Every 2 basic attack within 10 seconds grants 1 Redemption, stacking up to 15. Dying decreases Redemption by 3, and Redemption can be lost even at maximum stacks. At 15 Redemption, gain 50% increased attack speed.

Level 4

• Explosive Arrow: Upon hitting a Minion or Monster, Storm Bow deals 100% of its damage to enemies around its target.
  • Serrated Arrows: Scatter Arrow deals 250% damage to Minions, Monsters, and Mercenaries.
  • Ignore All Distractions: Basic attacks instantly kills Minions and increase Hanzo's basic attack range by 2 for 3 seconds.

Level 7

• Shieldbreaker Arrows: Basic attacks and Storm Bow deals 300% bonus damage to shields on heroic targets.
  • Never Outmatched: Reduce Scatter Arrow's mana cost by 40, down to 20. Basic Attacks lower the cooldown of Scatter Arrows by 4.
  • The Dragon Hungers: Hitting heroes with Storm Bow increases spell power by 5% for 10 seconds, stacking up to 20%.

Level 10

• [R1] Dragonstrike (100-second cooldown): After 1.5 seconds, summon a pair of Spirit Dragons which travel forward, dealing 52 damage every 0.25 seconds to enemy Heroes in its area. Enemies in the center take 150 damage.

• [R2] Dragon's Arrow (100-second cooldown): Fire a missile that travels across the battleground. Explodes upon hitting an enemy Hero, dealing 100 damage to all nearby enemies and Stunning them for 0.5 seconds. After traveling a medium distance, the damage is increased to 200 and the Stun duration to 1.25 seconds. After traveling a long distance, the damage is increased to 350 and the Stun duration to 2 seconds.

Level 13

• Fleet of Foot: Hitting heroes with Storm Bow grants 10% movement speed for 6 seconds up to 30%.
  • Ninja Assassin: Hitting heroes with Storm Bow reduces Natural Agility's cooldown by 10 seconds. Additionally, hero takedowns reduce Natural Agility's cooldown.
  • Mounted Archery: Upon mounting, gain 30% additional movement speed for 5 seconds. Using Natural Agility instantly mounts.

Level 16

• Flawless Technique: Hitting heroes with Storm Bow increases the damage of Hanzo's next basic attack within 5 seconds by 25%. Basic Attacks against heroes increase Storm Bow's damage within 5 seconds by 25%.
  • Piercing Arrows: Storm Bow and Scatter Arrow pierce, hitting an additional enemy. Additionally, Scatter Arrow can pierce through one additional enemy each time it ricochets.
  • Giantslayer: Enemy heroes hit by Scatter Arrow and basic attacks take 1.25% of their maximum health as damage.

Level 20

• The Dragon Awakens: Hitting a hero with Storm Bow, Scatter Arrow or basic attack reduces the cooldown of Dragonstrike by 5 seconds.
  • Play of the Game: While in flight of up to 2 seconds after impacting a target, Dragon Arrow can be reactivated to teleport to its location and jump backwards. If used after impact, Hanzo shoots an arrow that deals X damage to each target.
  • Sharpened Arrowheads: Scatter Arrow limits the amount of armor heroes hit to 0 for 5 seconds.
  • Bullseye: Increase Sonic Arrow's speed and center radius by 100%. Additionally, heroes hit by Sonic Arrow's center are stunned for 1 second.

Stay tuned for my hands-on Hanzo impression article, which should be published later today.

Well I have no idea about this just congratz to shooter main players .they got so much shooting heroes since 2016

Hanzo is an amazing assassin, much like alex is an amazing healer. Hanzo can go for either basic attack, scatter arrow or storm bolt build and each of them provides huge damage and great teamfight presence. Can't wait to play him.

Anyone else see Mounted Archery and think "That's interesting."  The part where you mount right after the jump is the part that impresses me.  Blizzard has been messing with mounts with Malthiel and Genji but this one seems a bit more notable to me.  I don't know if it's enough to take over the other options but it intrigues me.

Outside that talent he seems quite fun overall.  I wonder how good scatter will be given you can't aim at the floor (which was really how scatter was used in Overwatch).  Maps tend to be fairly open or not great for bouncing off walls (as my Junkrat experience has shown for me) but maybe the speed, distance, and number of projectiles will make it work better for Hanzo than it did Junkrat.

Oh man, Hanzo is going to be pure cancer in this game too. All his talents look so broken. Insta-kill minions on Level 4? Massive (200%!!!) bonus damage to shields on Level 7? Insta-mount on Level 13? DAMN.

Edited by Valhalen

On 11/5/2017 at 1:54 PM, Valhalen said:

Oh man, Hanzo is going to be pure cancer in this game too. All his talents look so broken. Insta-kill minions on Level 4? Massive (200%!!!) bonus damage to shields on Level 7? Insta-mount on Level 13? DAMN.

Wondering if it's just a short-term, high CD active on level 4. 

On 11/4/2017 at 12:15 PM, TSRD said:

Anyone else see Mounted Archery and think "That's interesting."  The part where you mount right after the jump is the part that impresses me.

I'm pretty sure it's saying it changes his trait into a instant mount ability instead of the jumping over terrain that it did before. Otherwise it would say 'Upon landing from using Natural Agility Hanzo instantly mounts', rather then 'using Natural Agility instantly mounts'. Si it basically changes Hanzo's D into Probius's Z, Worker's Rush. But from the way it reads keep in mind that you're still getting the +30% move speed for 5 seconds for mounting even if something, by you or an enemy, takes you out of being mounted. If you maintain being mounted you'll be at +60% move speed for that 5 seconds. So it's a every 30 sec way to escape or chase.

On 11/5/2017 at 8:54 AM, Valhalen said:

Massive (200%!!!) bonus damage to shields

That's 300% to shields. The question I have is does that extra dmg carry over past the shield(s) itself into the heroes regular HP or does it ONLY affect the shield part. I'm assuming it's just the shield part. Which to me, much like Varian's Shattering Throw, makes it seem not near as useful as the other two options in it's tier.

Also in regards to the lvl 4 insta-kill minions talent comment

On 11/6/2017 at 3:13 PM, Blainie said:

Wondering if it's just a short-term, high CD active on level 4. 

Nothing in the description of this talent does it say anything that would imply it's on a cooldown. It always does insta-kills if you take it from the way it reads. Seeing as the only other talent in the game that does this is Medivh's lvl TWENTY talent vs a lvl FOUR talent on Hanzo, I'm guessing this talent will either be moved to a higher tier or, more likely, it will be changed to 300% dmg to minions from basic attacks. Likely changed before it even goes to the PTR or in the usual tuning the week following the arrival of the new hero to the live servers.

15 hours ago, CyberDVonaven said:

I'm pretty sure it's saying it changes his trait into a instant mount ability instead of the jumping over terrain that it did before. Otherwise it would say 'Upon landing from using Natural Agility Hanzo instantly mounts', rather then 'using Natural Agility instantly mounts'. Si it basically changes Hanzo's D into Probius's Z, Worker's Rush. But from the way it reads keep in mind that you're still getting the +30% move speed for 5 seconds for mounting even if something, by you or an enemy, takes you out of being mounted. If you maintain being mounted you'll be at +60% move speed for that 5 seconds. So it's a every 30 sec way to escape or chase.

I can confirm this is not the case (having seen gameplay footage).  You do in fact jump over the terrain and then instantly mount once you reach the other side.  I can certainly see how the description of the ability doesn't read like that though.

14 hours ago, CyberDVonaven said:

Also in regards to the lvl 4 insta-kill minions talent comment

Nothing in the description of this talent does it say anything that would imply it's on a cooldown. It always does insta-kills if you take it from the way it reads. Seeing as the only other talent in the game that does this is Medivh's lvl TWENTY talent vs a lvl FOUR talent on Hanzo, I'm guessing this talent will either be moved to a higher tier or, more likely, it will be changed to 300% dmg to minions from basic attacks. Likely changed before it even goes to the PTR or in the usual tuning the week following the arrival of the new hero to the live servers.

To be fair, Hanzo has a pretty slow attack speed base line (and terrible wave clear otherwise) so I don't think this is really quite as game breaking as it looks.  Medivh's clears a whole wave with a single cast and just because his is at level 20 doesn't necessarily mean all effects similar to it must be.  After all Auriel's flight ability is a level 20 but many characters have globals base line (Falstad, ect...) or in an earlier tier (ETC, ect...).

Edited by TSRD

22 hours ago, TSRD said:

I can confirm this is not the case (having seen gameplay footage).  You do in fact jump over the terrain and then instantly mount once you reach the other side.  I can certainly see how the description of the ability doesn't read like that though.

Ahh, ok. Good to know. Hopefully they will fix that tooltip then, it doesn't word the description well enough.

22 hours ago, TSRD said:

To be fair, Hanzo has a pretty slow attack speed base line (and terrible wave clear otherwise) so I don't think this is really quite as game breaking as it looks.  Medivh's clears a whole wave with a single cast and just because his is at level 20 doesn't necessarily mean all effects similar to it must be.  After all Auriel's flight ability is a level 20 but many characters have globals base line (Falstad, ect...) or in an earlier tier (ETC, ect...).

Good point. I totally forgot they said his basic attack is like 2-4 seconds ish. Like Nova Anti-Armor talent slow.