FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Caldyrvan

Year of ...

Hey, it might be a bit too early to ask but I want to know. When the new Year of (I think it will be Dragon) starts which sets will leave standard?

With the Year of the Mammoth we already saw sets/adventures leaving before they have been 2 years in standard.

The next Year of ... will start with the release of the first expansion which will be in April 2018, I guess. I know Whispers of the Old Gods will leave, that's fine. I assume One Night in Karazhan will leave too even though it was released in August 21016 what is already 4 months earlier than 2 years.

What about Mean Streets of Gadgetzan? If they rotate it out at the same time it would have been in standard for only  1 year 4 months.

Even though it will be with us for a while I already decided not to spend gold/money on Old Gods and only a bit of dust to craft a few crucial cards I really want. If MSG will leave at the same time, I'm not eager to make huge investments on that set either.

Thanks in advance for answers :)

Edited by Caldyrvan

5 hours ago, Caldyrvan said:

Hey, it might be a bit too early to ask but I want to know. When the new Year of (I think it will be Dragon) starts which sets will leave standard?

With the Year of the Mammoth we already saw sets/adventures leaving before they have been 2 years in standard.

The next Year of ... will start with the release of the first expansion which will be in April 2018, I guess. I know Whispers of the Old Gods will leave, that's fine. I assume One Night in Karazhan will leave too even though it was released in August 21016 what is already 4 months earlier than 2 years.

What about Mean Streets of Gadgetzan? If they rotate it out at the same time it would have been in standard for only  1 year 4 months.

Even though it will be with us for a while I already decided not to spend gold/money on Old Gods and only a bit of dust to craft a few crucial cards I really want. If MSG will leave at the same time, I'm not eager to make huge investments on that set either.

Thanks in advance for answers :)

Year block go wild all at the same time. So WotOG, ONiK and MSoG will go when next year hit.

But Hearthstone work this way: if you want to play with Mammut format, spend what you like and never regret. Nothing will stay around forever, except if you play wild (as I do for this reason). Metagame change fast. For example, I crafted all C'thun cards after WotOG: do you know how many C'thun cards are still in meta? 0. Powercreep it's still a thing, even if not much as in other TCGs.

So that means the last expansion of a Year of ... will stay much shorter than others and therefor it makes less sense to invest much into it, so best not to invest much in K&C? :D What a bad concept, and again good for blizz to make profit:D

Edited by Caldyrvan

Brode said he doesn't like the way sets rotate because of this reason, so it is possible that there will be a change to the rotation system. I wouldn't bet on it for this rotation though.

• Like 1

Well, as it is a player who plays standard can enjoy the first set of a year full two years while the other less, the last ecp. only for 1 year 3 months. bad bad.