FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Banard

@Next Tier..what is next for BM?

Whose got the cole notes for next tier? What is looking optimal for BM? I have barley been playing since Sept and not paying attention. 

Edited by Banard

Tier- I think DF may come back into play for 2 reasons. 1) The ilvl gap between t19 and t21 will be too great to keep our 2pt19 stomp bonus and 2) the 4pt21 reduces the cd for AotW which is buffed by thunderlash which is buffed by high haste pet via DF. Just my thoughts so far.

Xpac- Bendak did a post over on Eotb. They are moving a lot of talents around but it is still too early to tell. The current talent calc has way of the cobra, a talent that benfits you more with more pets, competing with dire beast, the talents that gives you more pets..... Makes blizzard sense. We may be getting back tranq shot and AotPack.

for the love of me beard ...the next tier. I said it in me post. No one can have any kind of conversation about the xpac.

besides not being able to kill 400+ horde in the xpac starting zone because of the new toggle pvp shit. 

Edited by Banard

Nothing has changed yet. Right now we don't know what will happen in Antorus. Last time I checked the theorycrafting threads the top was either full T21 at 980 ilvl with legendary shoulders and chest + Dire Frenzy, or wear zoo build Tier 19 2-piece + Tier 21 4-piece with sephuz and boots. Similar dps, something like that. But you know those sims suck and I already do more dps than them.

I think old tier is likely going to get nerfed. I don't have very high hopes for Tier 21 getting buffed but right now it's weaker than Tier 20 so Tier 21 only wins out if it's significantly higher item level. If I had to bet I think they'll do the same thing they did in previous tiers and flip the 2-piece and 4-piece bonuses then buff the 4-piece, right at the very end. I do think it's more likely that they increase the % damage to Kill Command than raising the cooldown reduction to AoTW, but maybe they only nerf old tier and give us a small flat aura buff. Based on Nighthold and Tomb releases, BM seems to get its balance round at the very end, so I wouldn't be surprised if tier changes happen after Antorus is already up.

If nothing changes, Tier 19 will continue to be powerful. I would expect a big wave of complaints. It's not likely to last for long.

I don't have any info about Antorus trinkets either. None of them look impressive, aside from the ones the last boss drops, but you can only pick one of those since they're mutually exclusive. I think the legendary one (the acanocrystal 2.0) is probably going to sim the best, since direct damage trinkets usually don't scale well for BM.

47 minutes ago, Khallid said:

Nothing has changed yet. Right now we don't know what will happen in Antorus.

It is 21 days away....i feel by this time we knew what was on the go for NH and ToS....

Edited by Banard

Not really. If you check back, Tier 19 was dogshit, it got massive buffs about 3 days before Nighthold opened, and then the bonus only applied to Dire Beast. It took a month or more before they fixed it for Dire Frenzy as well. 

The whole BM spec was really weak when 7.1.5 came out, they did some big buffs a week after, if I remember correctly it was like 46% increased damage to Cobra Shot. I remember well because I was unable to beat the laser shark robot in brawler's guild before the buff because I hit enrage with my dps, and I stomped it as soon as the buffs dropped.

A similar thing happened to Tier 20. It was weak and got buffed slightly before release of ToS, then Tier 19 4-piece got nerfed by half. Without it Tier 20 didn't stand a chance.

Edited by Khallid