FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Flauros

Need help with dps

I'm ilvl 543 and my dps is no where near as high as it should be and I have no clue what I'm doing wrong. I use multiple guides for dps/reforging/gemming. 

Here are some of my logs and character page:

Please tell me what I'm doing wrong :(

A couple quick things:

Looking at the log for Sha of Pride, your Immolate was only up 81% of the time, getting this into the 90's would really help out. Also, you only hit 3 Shadowburns over the course of the entire fight. you should be able to greatly raise that number. Those are the quick things I noticed, but Zagam will be able to help you out with some more in depth analysis.

Also, looking at your reforge, you have a lot of "wasted" Haste. until you can get up to the 13737 break point for Affliction, you are better off dropping that down to 9778, especially since Haste is much less useful for Destro. Putting those extra stats into Mastery should also help even things out a bit. Also, if your shoes are worth double upgrading, they are worth gemming and enchanting. Your hit is also really high, so you need to replace that expertise gem with an int/mastery one. You can also reforge some of the hit off of your boots to more mastery.

Edited by Eddie

I'm ilvl 543 and my dps is no where near as high as it should be and I have no clue what I'm doing wrong. I use multiple guides for dps/reforging/gemming. 
Here are some of my logs and character page:

Please tell me what I'm doing wrong sad.png

First off, it's hard to take anyone seriously asking for help with DPS when they don't perform basic needs on their gear.  You have an item level 608 cloak and haven't gemmed it.  Not sure if this is an oversight or not, but you should ALWAYS go to wowarmory.com and validate yourself.  They have a check system that finds missing gems, enchants, tinkers, etc. 

So, right off the bat I see the following:

-no gem in 608 cloak

-13.6% hit

-Destruction reforges into Haste

-no boot enchant

These are initial issues which should be taken care of and could be seen in about 2-3 minutes of research on your behalf.

Notes on Sha of Pride

-using an Observer.  Not too detrimental, but your Observer had travel time to and from the Manifestation of Pride.  This coorelates into a DPS loss your Imp would not have incurred.

-average Chaos Bolt is 606k...this is rather low.  Be sure to be timing your CBs with trinket procs

-Immolate uptime of 62% - this needs upped big time

-8 Shadowburns...this should be much higher

-turns out your Observer wasn't a DPS loss because you did a whopping 11,596 damage to the Manifestation of Pride.  As a Destruction Warlock, you have the best toolkit to kill that thing and you got beaten by a ROGUE.  Switch to adds, man.  Don't pad on Reflections and skip important mechanics.  This will cause wipes in Heroics for sure.

There are lots of critical play issues at hand here...patch yourself up with gems, enchants, and proper reforges and bring those logs to us.

• Like 1

Sorry I just got the cape and boots last night so my gems and reforges aren't how they should be. But thanks for the other tips. and i reforge into mastery>haste>crit because it's said to to better in multi target fights. should i focus on mastery>crit>haste?