Zadina

Season 12 Is Now Live

Sign in to follow this  

18 posts in this topic

PODIYVVDEILZ1509139429136.jpg

Yet another Season of Diablo III begins. Time to go back into the Sanctuary!

As of November 9, Season 12 is now live in all gameplay regions. Diablo III is one of the most replayable games ever and a new Season means a new beginning for everyone. The recent Patch 2.6.1 balance changes have given a fresh air to the game. Our guides are already up-to-date, so you are ready to go!

I will briefly mention everything related to Season 12, but if you want to read more thoroughly about it, you should check out this article. First of all, I would like to draw your attention to the Season 12 Conquests, which are: Boss Mode, On A Good Day, The Thrill, Curses! and Years of War. We actually have both new and updated guides for these Conquests.

The Conqueror tier tasks for the Seasonal Journey are the following:

• Complete a Torment XIII Rift in under 5 minutes
  • Complete Greater Rift 60 solo
  • Kill Greed on Torment XIII
  • Kill Spider Queen on Torment XIII in under 15 seconds
  • Reforge a Legendary or Set item
  • Augment an Ancient item with a Level 50 or greater Legendary Gem
  • Level three Legendary Gems to 55
  • Complete two Conquests

The rewards for Season 12 are pretty neat. The angelic-themed portraits look elegant and wings are always nice to receive - especially if they are that magnificent!

PX7AJD90LJH91509140107726.jpg

Lastly, here are the sets granted by Haedrig's Gift in Season 12:

• Barbarian - Immortal King's Call
  • Crusader – Seeker of the Light
  • Demon Hunter – Natalya’s Vengeance
  • Monk – Uliana’s Stratagem
  • Witch Doctor – Spirit of Arachyr
  • Wizard – Vyr’s Amazing  Arcana

Enjoy Season 12!

Just now, hashquatch said:

still 7 more hours in NA, season opens at 5pm

Βlizzard's own article was exclaiming in its very first sentence that the season is live worldwide. Anyway, living in Eastern Europe I will probably be asleep in 5 hours and it's not that bad posting it a bit ahead of time. :)

Hehe..yeah the title on Icy Veins is misleading. I'm sure I was not the only one who immediately logged onto Battlenet to see if the season started early.

I appreciate the (genuine) enthusiasm, and I know Blizz owns you guys now, but come on - D3 is nowhere near the top of the replayable games list, even this long after they got rid of the AH and all the other garbage.  

2 hours ago, Metro said:

Hehe..yeah the title on Icy Veins is misleading. I'm sure I was not the only one who immediately logged onto Battlenet to see if the season started early.

Excuse me sir but only USA users visit this site? Title is not misleading for me. Season has started on time at 17:00 in EU

2 hours ago, MrEdren said:

I know Blizz owns you guys now

Care to elaborate?

2 hours ago, MrEdren said:

D3 is nowhere near the top of the replayable games list, even this long after they got rid of the AH and all the other garbage. 

That's arguable at best. Each player's criteria when it comes to replayability are different. For example, I have a person on my friend list with over 3k hours in D3, so I'm pretty sure they would disagree with you.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, positiv2 said:

Care to elaborate?

That's arguable at best. Each player's criteria when it comes to replayability are different. For example, I have a person on my friend list with over 3k hours in D3, so I'm pretty sure they would disagree with you.

When was the last time they played?

1 hour ago, positiv2 said:

For example, I have a person on my friend list with over 3k hours in D3

If you haven't seen them in a while you might want to call the police... I'm pretty sure skynet took over their bnet account and they are actually dead... j/k  I have my moments where I get into a groove playing d3 again, and with the changes to balance this season that may reinvigorate me.  A lot of replayability for others comes from actually having friends to play with consistently instead of getting into public groups.

• Like 1

quick, someone pick which class for me to play thats not barb, i've done ww barb 4 seasons in a row now

7 hours ago, MrEdren said:

When was the last time they played?

Yesterday with the Season's start. Before that, a few times a week (could as well be every day with me not noticing).

6 hours ago, Tri said:

quick, someone pick which class for me to play thats not barb, i've done ww barb 4 seasons in a row now

Crusader! 

5 hours ago, positiv2 said:

Yesterday with the Season's start. Before that, a few times a week (could as well be every day with me not noticing).

Crusader! 

Crusader it is :D  Sadly the patch came rather late into the evening for me so I could only play a bit before work this morning, but up to lvl 15 sooo its something!!!

13 hours ago, Tri said:

I hope you named it All_I_Do_Is_Spin

I hope you did the challenge rift... it's pretty ridiculous actually.

You get a lot of crafting mats - including 10 (?) Death's Breath -, a ton of Bloodshards to gamble early legendaries (got lucky and looted the EP Bracers for my monk at lvl 1), and more than enough gold to instantly lvl all of the artisans to max. Just make sure, to claim the bag on your seasonal Hero.

The Challenge Rift itself isn't all that difficult - it's zunimasa WD (at least in EU - CR are apparently different in each region). The playstyle is fairly simple and you're tanky as hell, so you won't get blown up instantly. I would in no way consider myself above average when it comes to D3, and I managed to beat the timer in my fifth run.

22 hours ago, MrEdren said:

I appreciate the (genuine) enthusiasm, and I know Blizz owns you guys now, but come on - D3 is nowhere near the top of the replayable games list, even this long after they got rid of the AH and all the other garbage.  

What was the general goal of this comment? Seriously. Despite a lack of major content (I.E expac, new hero etc, or an abundance of new stuff) doesn't mean there isn't a dedicated player base that still plays. Besides the whole goal behind this post is to inform players that the new season is going to be out soon. What's wrong with them informing people?

Also, just for the record I am still playing the game quite a bit. There are a ton of builds to create and try, which is why I have been playing for so long to this point.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rhondis said:

What was the general goal of this comment? Seriously. Despite a lack of major content (I.E expac, new hero etc, or an abundance of new stuff) doesn't mean there isn't a dedicated player base that still plays. Besides the whole goal behind this post is to inform players that the new season is going to be out soon. What's wrong with them informing people?

Also, just for the record I am still playing the game quite a bit. There are a ton of builds to create and try, which is why I have been playing for so long to this point.

I don't like hyperbole to begin with, and much less so when it's coming from what's now a blizzard-affiliated site.  I didn't say D3 wasn't fun or good or anything like that. 

14 hours ago, MrEdren said:

I don't like hyperbole to begin with, and much less so when it's coming from what's now a blizzard-affiliated site.  I didn't say D3 wasn't fun or good or anything like that. 

There is a contradiction in saying "I appreciate the genuine enthusiasm but *insert negative comment here*". It means that you actually don't appreciate the enthusiasm, so just cut to the negative stuff to begin with.

Other than that, all news writers are free to express their opinions in their articles. I didn't check any "Top 10 most replayable games" nor did I express Icy Veins as a whole. Diablo III is probably the only game I personally revisit several times per year. On the other hand, for example, I've quit WoW twice in the past and it took me years of being away from it (and actually badmouthing it) before realising the error of my ways and coming back.

To sum up, instead of just making a bland article saying "Season 12 started. Go play. Bye", I thought I'd enrich it with a couple of sentences, as well as my opinion. I didn't expect that to come bite me in the behind.

• Like 4