FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
faragorn

Drain soul shard nerf?? Not filling shards upon death of SoO mob.

I noticed beginning last week I think that Norushen adds, and now this week regular SoO trash and Council adds dont fill up your shards when Drain souling when you die.  Is anyone else seeing this? I could have sworn this wasnt a problem until recently.

Hi

Ive noticed u have to cast the spell and wait 2-3 seconds ( timer in my head this couse it feels like forever ) or the gameserver just lags i dunno. But if i tab to a target that is about to drop dead i usually dont get any chards couse it didnt drain enough or something.

My 2 cents atleast what ive seen myself.

Several times in SoO I was channeling Drain Soul on a mob long enough to have gained two shards just from time on target, but didnt get any when it died.

If we are talking boss adds and stuff many of them do not give full stack of shards when they are killed, dunno if this is intendend by blizz or if its a bugg, ive learn to just skip drain soul untill boss drops down and only use on him/it. But normal trash mobs ive never had problems with aslong as i start channeling in time. 

In my experiance it's only the adds on Protectors that don't give shards upon death. I have not cleared this week yet though so I can't speak to any changes untill we clear later tonight.

Both Protectors and Thok adds does not recover your shards because they don't die they simply "vanish out of scene" or something like that.

And Protectors' adds don't die, they become 'purified'...lots of weird things in this raid that don't allow for refueling of resources.

And Protectors' adds don't die, they become 'purified'...lots of weird things in this raid that don't allow for refueling of resources.

Yes I noticed this as well with Immerseus and Shadowburn; although that one makes a little more sense since he respawns and all, but I see no point in "wasting" embers on him sub 20% (unless capped) so I save 'em for when he respawns and CB spam.

I noticed beginning last week I think that Norushen adds, and now this week regular SoO trash and Council adds dont fill up your shards when Drain souling when you die.  Is anyone else seeing this? I could have sworn this wasnt a problem until recently.

Trash mobs and Immerseus blobs (not Immerseus himself),Norushen & SoP adds have always given me shards upon death; Protectors adds do not. 

Spoils' Pandaren adds don't give shards/embers upon "death" either. Seems to be a common theme lately.

What urks me is making Drain Soul give shards "upon death only when granted experience or honor" where Shadowburn gives embers when anything dies shortly after its use.

Spoils' Pandaren adds don't give shards/embers upon "death" either. Seems to be a common theme lately.

What urks me is making Drain Soul give shards "upon death only when granted experience or honor" where Shadowburn gives embers when anything dies shortly after its use.

Probably because they don't want it to work on the random 1hp critters they put in instances to help rage users get a little rage before a pull... at least that's what I always used them for on my bear :)  You can't shadowburn the critters, so DS not generating shards is equalizing, I'm guessing that is their thinking on this.

Probably because they don't want it to work on the random 1hp critters they put in instances to help rage users get a little rage before a pull... at least that's what I always used them for on my bear smile.png  You can't shadowburn the critters, so DS not generating shards is equalizing, I'm guessing that is their thinking on this.

We start with four shards as Affi (five if you precast Soulburn), why would we bother Drain Souling a critter Prepull for shards (proccing trinkets in the process)? Can't Shadowburn them because they aren't below 20% hp, but could incinerate them for Emberbits, but again you proc trinkets that won't proc "guaranteed" on the pull now.

I see Spriest Mind Blasting critters for orbs, but that's because orbs last forever so they can wait for trinkets to regen. They won't dwindle out of combat like embers/bits do; we can't sit for two minutes with full embers waiting for trinkets/cds to recharge. Unless we melee the target dummies near Malkorok to stay in combat? lol

Both Protectors and Thok adds does not recover your shards because they don't die they simply "vanish out of scene" or something like that.

What? just did H protectors and i kept getting shards from the adds that spawn when you push the bosses. So what are you guys talking about.

What? just did H protectors and i kept getting shards from the adds that spawn when you push the bosses. So what are you guys talking about.

You didn't get them from all of the mobs.  More often than not, those mobs become purified and don't actually die which skips the SS regen trigger.  There are SOME mobs in there such as the little sha adds that give shards, but most do not.  THAT'S what we're talking about.

You didn't get them from all of the mobs.  More often than not, those mobs become purified and don't actually die which skips the SS regen trigger.  There are SOME mobs in there such as the little sha adds that give shards, but most do not.  THAT'S what we're talking about.

Drain Soul still triggers SS regen even if you don't kill said mob, correct? Even if the adds that get purified didn't die, i still got SS's off them. As a range, i DON'T target the sha adds during desperate measures, so by the time the adds on the out side get to 20% i drain soul.I am not sure if the ss regen is faster if the target is 20%, but i am getting ALMOST a full set of stones after almost every desperate measure. 

Drain Soul still triggers SS regen even if you don't kill said mob, correct? Even if the adds that get purified didn't die, i still got SS's off them. As a range, i DON'T target the sha adds during desperate measures, so by the time the adds on the out side get to 20% i drain soul.I am not sure if the ss regen is faster if the target is 20%, but i am getting ALMOST a full set of stones after almost every desperate measure. 

You get 1 Soul Shard for every 2 ticks of Drain Soul.