FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Burrit0

Affliction or Demonology

Right no im at about 950 ilvl on my artifact and got a few legendaries, Ive heard demonology is surpassing affliction in the dps race so is it worth for me to reroll to demonology or would it be better staying affliction into the next raid ?

Supposedly all specs will have their fights in the new raid. In addition, any balancing is yet to come so we will not know until much later which will be the strongest spec.

Have you played Demo? it's quite different and can be hard for some people to pick up.

Demo is (and always has been this tier) stronger in sims and on mostly single target boss fights. It is also good on long living stacked cleave. Mistress mythic being a good example of the latter.  

Affy is especially good at spread cleave and on any fight with lots of adds. 

In the end go with what is fun in my opinion as both specs are scaling well or even play multiple specs. 

11 hours ago, Burrit0 said:

Thanks for the answer!

You're welcome. I realise that I did not actually really cover any of the negatives so hopefully will return to read this. 

Overall they are both more than viable and you can more than likely play whatever until pushing really high mythic bosses.

Affy is definitely more versatile in my opinion and its execute and self healing is insane for progress. I would be surprised though if it does not have another DoT nerf which if not compensated in other ways will reduce its single target damage again. It is quite RNGified as well.

Demo can struggle in target switching and has ramp up.  

Edited by spikeysquad

On 11/10/2017 at 7:38 PM, Burrit0 said:

Right no im at about 950 ilvl on my artifact and got a few legendaries, Ive heard demonology is surpassing affliction in the dps race so is it worth for me to reroll to demonology or would it be better staying affliction into the next raid ?

Keeping an eye on WarcraftLogs as raids release is a really good way to gauge it too. You can filter it to only Warlock and see where they shine (ST, AoE, etc.)