FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
desaias

what do i need to work on?

Well, the most glaring issue is that you were using your augment rune after the boss was pulled. I'm going to hazard a guess that it wasn't pull timered. But even after that, you just sorta threw a quick frostbolt after a delay into an orb. The blizzard was a decent call to fill the time between the orb casting and giving procs, since it was a multi target fight and you would get more CDR out of the blizzard, but you only laid down the one.

I'm sure Blainie will be crunching some hard data, talking about wasted procs and whatnot, so I'll spare you that wall of text. After an obviously scrambled opener, you spent a lot of time throughout the fight with nothing.  Especially on your IV at 133sec, you hit it, did your Ebonbolt combo and....stood there for 2 GCDs. If there's ever a time where you should be hitting keys with extreme prejudice, it's during CDs. More on that downtime, a pretty good number of your flurries seem to have too much of a gap between them and the following Ice Lance, and the fact that you're at the very least super close to shatter cap, yet only had a 79.8% Ice Lance crit. That means a decent number of non shattered Ice Lances.

• Like 1

Major problems IMO:

• Wasting Brain Freeze procs. It's a huge hit to DPS, given that a buffed Flurry is not only a huge buff to your DPS, but the combo of the Ice Lance with it too. You wasted 2-3 procs.
  • You don't seem to understand how Brain Freeze combos work. You don't use Winter's Chill properly, meaning you waste the potential shatter from a spell like Frostbolt. Look up the section in our guide on Brain Freeze/Flurry combos.
  • You don't seem to know the fight very well. You cancel far too many casts, you spend too much time moving and doing nothing, or using Ice Lance unbuffed while moving (I assume you do this because you are constantly moving from mechanics). Study the fights, position yourself better.

Those are the main things you need to work on.

4 hours ago, Blainie said:

Major problems IMO:

• Wasting Brain Freeze procs. It's a huge hit to DPS, given that a buffed Flurry is not only a huge buff to your DPS, but the combo of the Ice Lance with it too. You wasted 2-3 procs.
  • You don't seem to understand how Brain Freeze combos work. You don't use Winter's Chill properly, meaning you waste the potential shatter from a spell like Frostbolt. Look up the section in our guide on Brain Freeze/Flurry combos.
  • You don't seem to know the fight very well. You cancel far too many casts, you spend too much time moving and doing nothing, or using Ice Lance unbuffed while moving (I assume you do this because you are constantly moving from mechanics). Study the fights, position yourself better.

Those are the main things you need to work on.

okay thanks, i got a few questions now, so i use frostbolt to brainfreeze, do i  frostbolt up until 5 ice cycles ? or upon receiving the proc? also, say i have 2 procs of fingers and a brainfreeze. do i frostbolt>flurry>icelance>icelance? im alittle confused on which to use first if i have a bunch of them i feel like, also, does brainfreeze crit all five icecycles stored?

Edited by desaias

If you are playing Thermal Void, look at your icicles as just a bonus for damage and nothing else. Do not count how many you have, never use them as a requirement to use/hold a proc.

As for the 2 FoF and 1 Brainfreeze scenario, it depends. If you are already casting a Frostbolt, use the flurry into the Ice Lances. If are not, use the Lances then Frostbolt into the Flurry.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tehril said:

If you are playing Thermal Void, look at your icicles as just a bonus for damage and nothing else. Do not count how many you have, never use them as a requirement to use/hold a proc.

As for the 2 FoF and 1 Brainfreeze scenario, it depends. If you are already casting a Frostbolt, use the flurry into the Ice Lances. If are not, use the Lances then Frostbolt into the Flurry.

okay sweet ill work on that, also id like to be able to understand that long alittle more is there guides on that i imagine?

On 11/15/2017 at 11:17 PM, desaias said:

okay sweet ill work on that, also id like to be able to understand that long alittle more is there guides on that i imagine?

It's been a huge topic for a while now and there's honestly thousands of threads on different forums discussing the pros and cons of each scenario. The general consensus is this:

• Frostbolt does the least damage out of Ice Lance, Flurry and FB.
  • Due to this, casting Frostbolt while holding FoF + Brain Freeze is a DPS loss. 
  • If you have max FoF procs and a Brain Freeze already, dump your FoF ASAP. You don't want to reproc anything and waste the proc. 
  • In your scenario, Tehril has the right answer. Dump the ILs, cast a FB and land it into the Winter's Chill of your Flurry.

That's the main discussion around it.

ive noticed lately, when i try too frostbolt>BF>IL, alot of them get wasted due to them procing before i can get the winters chill icelance off. mostly when i use frozen orb

On 11/16/2017 at 8:02 PM, Blainie said:

It's been a huge topic for a while now and there's honestly thousands of threads on different forums discussing the pros and cons of each scenario. The general consensus is this:

• Frostbolt does the least damage out of Ice Lance, Flurry and FB.
  • Due to this, casting Frostbolt while holding FoF + Brain Freeze is a DPS loss. 
  • If you have max FoF procs and a Brain Freeze already, dump your FoF ASAP. You don't want to reproc anything and waste the proc. 
  • In your scenario, Tehril has the right answer. Dump the ILs, cast a FB and land it into the Winter's Chill of your Flurry.

That's the main discussion around it.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/KRyj2r9PtazfQWqV/#fight=last heres a fight from the new raid, granted this was my first time fighting the boss, but let me know if ive improved anywhere, more areas to work on too