Doubledog

Feral Current Brutal Slash vs. Savage Roar

Sign in to follow this  

2 posts in this topic

Hello,

I'm currently sitting at 894 iLvL and just got the hands legendary as my first. I wanted to ask about the current Brutal Slash/Clarity/Incarn. vs Savage Roar/Bloodtalons/Jagged Wounds. I've been using a bleed heavy build, but as I begin moving into Mythic Dungeons and Normal Raids I've noticed AoE becoming more challenging and this has made me think about switching to Brutal Slash. 

I've geared towards Crit/Mastery as I was originally under the impression that Bloodtalons and bleeds were your best source of damage. Personally I really like the bleed/buff management aspect but with the new changes I don't know if it is worth the effort running blood talons and bleeds vs. a seemingly easier Brutal Slash build. 

Can anyone provide some just general comments on bleed heavy bloodtalons builds vs more direct damage Brutal Slash builds? I never really intend to reach top tier min/maxing everything. Here is my armory profile: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/dalaran/doubledog

Any comments about Brutal Slash builds vs Savage Roar builds? I know Brutal Slash takes the edge in AoE, but to be honest I don't want to have to buy talent changes mid raid to min/max everything and therefore am looking for the better general purpose build. I am just starting to break into Mythic Dungeons and some Normal Raids. 

Thank you,

On 11/15/2017 at 10:39 PM, Doubledog said:

Any comments about Brutal Slash builds vs Savage Roar builds? I know Brutal Slash takes the edge in AoE, but to be honest I don't want to have to buy talent changes mid raid to min/max everything and therefore am looking for the better general purpose build. I am just starting to break into Mythic Dungeons and some Normal Raids. 

Your best bet with "general" builds would be an AoE focused one, since there's 6/9 bosses where you will be using BS, and only 3 where Savage Roar will be best. If you're going to take that and want to decide gearwise what to do, you'll follow a very similar gearing process, but with some Haste thrown in to help with managing it. 

Simming 3-target sustain will help with this.