FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Kazistrasz

Paragons!

Hi everyone. I could put this in Dungeon/Raid, but since you're all my warlock brothers and sisters and we're better than the others really good at what we do and the most responsive, I figured I'd just ask here and not bother navigating elsewhere. :D

I know they made the kill order on protectors stay the same. What have you guys' guilds been doing for kill order/any tricks in general? I'm my guild's RL, but there's only so much I can get out of guide videos that just say "well it's all gonna be random so here's the boss' abilities" when it's no longer random.

We're only on a two-night raid schedule for 3.5 hours a night, and I wanna be able to get through Paragons as fast as possible Monday after we down Siegecrafter.

Hi everyone. I could put this in Dungeon/Raid, but since you're all my warlock brothers and sisters and we're better than the others really good at what we do and the most responsive, I figured I'd just ask here and not bother navigating elsewhere. biggrin.png

I know they made the kill order on protectors stay the same. What have you guys' guilds been doing for kill order/any tricks in general? I'm my guild's RL, but there's only so much I can get out of guide videos that just say "well it's all gonna be random so here's the boss' abilities" when it's no longer random.

We're only on a two-night raid schedule for 3.5 hours a night, and I wanna be able to get through Paragons as fast as possible Monday after we down Siegecrafter.

I thought it was supposed to be random but we seem to always get the same combination...

They hot fixed it. It's one thing when you've got just a normal mode boss like Halfus with a different 3 drakes up out of 5 every week but all 5 on heroic, or a different order on like Stone Guard where it's only 3 or 4 bosses up. In these cases you have a very limited number of combinations, and much will stay the same. In the case of paragons thats... 60,480 different boss fights possible. Very little will stay the same in that cast, which would just be too rough on progression guilds.

It was never intended to be random. The reason it was on PTR was to allow Blizzard to see all the phases of the fight for testing mechanics. Not a lot of people would see the whole fight and the last 1/3 would not have gotten the required testing.

Our Kill order:  

Rik'kal 
Skeer 
Korven 
Hisek 
Ka'roz 
Xaril 
Kaz'tik 
Iyyokuk 
Kil'ruk 

We ignore the blobs.  The first boss dies before they get to him, second wave generally need to be stunned/slowed so they don't reach before the second boss drops.  3rd boss pops Amber at 50%, be ready to break it out.  Right around Ka'roz is when Xaril is active and you need to be ready to break the fixated people out and position away from the adds.  Once Xaril is down the fight is basically over.
Edited by Soulzar

Our Kill order:  

Rik'kal 

Skeer 

Korven 

Hisek 

Ka'roz 

Xaril 

Kaz'tik 

Iyyokuk 

Kil'ruk 

We ignore the blobs.  The first boss dies before they get to him, second wave generally need to be stunned/slowed so they don't reach before the second boss drops.  3rd boss pops Amber at 50%, be ready to break it out.  Right around Ka'roz is when Xaril is active and you need to be ready to break the fixated people out and position away from the adds.  Once Xaril is down the fight is basically over.

We so the exact same order, except we put Kar'oz below Kaz'tik because the mind control manipulation thing sucks.

if you're a 25 man guild and you have trouble dealing with aim, i highly recommend killing hisek first to get rid of that ability. it's just obnoxious to position for and it'll really free up your raid to move wherever they want for the rest of the fight.

Ah, I should have mentioned we're just a 10-man guild. We're just trying to play catch up with the server since we all started the guild at the end of last tier and only just got 12/12 when everyone else had been farming 3/13 5/13 etc.  If only we were Horde and had those sick racials... :D