FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
chrom

MM Rotation

The rotation that I read in the guide here is including Arcane Shots within the vulnerability window, even if you can cast an Aimed Shot.

However, like I always do, I read the rotation guides after I have become to feel comfortable with the spec and then compare the guide to what I 'm doing, as I am able to understand it better.

What comes more natural to me with MM is to cast as many aimed shots within the vuln window as possible, and cast arcane shot only if im going to be focus starved while in the vuln window.

That is, the rotation that comes more natural to me is (assuming that MS just procced and I have no vuln window active): MS (at around 80-90 focus), AS, AS, AS, Arcane, Arcane, Arcane, ... (until to back around 70-80), and repeat that. With windburst it actually is the same at around 90 focus and then unload as many AS as i can and then Arcane back up to 70-80 again.

The guide suggest otherwise however, but I am not sure that I understand the difference, It seems that in essence is the same. Maybe what the guide suggests, in essence leads to higher vuln uptime? But I am not sure why that is. I am doing the same but with slightly different order as i see it. 

There is a difference. It comes from the fact that Vulnerable is not a static buff. Patient Sniper increases the strength of Vulnerable in a staggered fashion, so it's more efficient to only cast Aimed Shot at the end.

If you are careful to never cap focus, you cast the same amount of arcane shots and aimed shots either way, but if you do the roation casting one arcane shot at the beginning of vulnerable, you push the Aimed Shots into the stronger part of Patient Sniper's buff.

Edited by Khallid
  • Like 1

Hey,

I also have a quick question regarding the rotation. Specifically regarding the opener.

The guide says "6. 2x arcane shot --> 7. Aimed shot until vulnerable ends". Do we not use another Marked shot in between?

Thank you! 

On 11/22/2017 at 8:17 AM, Makz said:

Hey,

I also have a quick question regarding the rotation. Specifically regarding the opener.

The guide says "6. 2x arcane shot --> 7. Aimed shot until vulnerable ends". Do we not use another Marked shot in between?

Thank you! 

What khallid said, the only time we want to use marked shot is to put us into vulnerable window and we prefer to use windbust to do so. If we are already in vuln window though, no need to refresh it unless you cant get another aimed shot in before it will fall off.