Damien

Natalya / Marauder Sentry Demon Hunter

34 posts in this topic

This thread is for comments about our Natalya/Marauder Sentry Demon Hunter build guide.

5 hours ago, Guest Question said:

Is this build better than a pure Marauder rocket-based Cluster Arrow build?

For now, it seems so, yeah. It's a bit easier to survive with, but we might see an M6 clear higher in the future.

I have found recently that a pure speed build through the marauders is possible through a combination of Danetta's Hatred combined with Marauders, and the Legacy of Nightmares. Grant it this in turns makes the build little bit more difficult to build for but its end results become infinitely more tangible for endgame progression combined with the gems Gogok of Swiftness, Bane of the Powerful, and Bane of the Stricken. To replace the Compass Rose use a Hellfire Amulet with a passive Steady Aim to make room for Night Stalker, Archery, or Thrill of the Hunt depending on your overall style. Replace cluster arrow with Multi-Shot passive Arsenal to improve your overall Rocket Damage and finish with Kanias cube: Weapon slot go with Dead Mans Legacy Armor: King Leorics Crown and Utility: the Elusive Ring  to improve the effectiveness of multi shot. Please Note that this build is designed for speed while maximizing damage without going for five turrets and maximizing your use of Vault as a Hatred Spender vs a Discipline Spender. My current rate as this is GR 62 but time is narrowed to a 13 minute due to lack of overall Damage. The opposite side for more effective damage and use of turrets would Equip the Bombardiers Ruck sack and your Hand Bow would Be Dawn because I prefer a Vengenance Build for true Damage output but you would lack the speed of the prior because you no longer spend Hatred for Vault. I have not tested this version so maximum rift is unknown

• Confused 1

I'm trying to farm to collect the gear to build this. I'm using the Cold Skills that is the reason behind this build.

Rather than Vault - Tumble I prefer Smoke Screen - Displacement.

I have the quiver Holy Point Shot which makes impale two additional knives.

In the Kanai's Cube Weapon slot I have Karlei's Point which increases damage of impale by 375% and returns 15 hatred if enemy is already impaled. As per the build I have Frostburn & Ring of Royal Grandeur in the other two slots.

I replaced the Cluster Arrow right mouse button with Impale Overpenetration which is cold damage.

I'm using the bow Windforce which has 45.7% chance of knockback and the Bracers Strongarm which causes knockback to give 29% extra damage for 6 seconds.

On 04/12/2017 at 6:14 PM, Sorphage said:

I have found recently that a pure speed build through the marauders is possible through a combination of Danetta's Hatred combined with Marauders, and the Legacy of Nightmares.

You can't use LoN with Danetta + Marauders. If you have another set active, LoN does nothing.

• Thanks 1

On 08/12/2017 at 3:07 PM, DamienPS said:

I'm trying to farm to collect the gear to build this. I'm using the Cold Skills that is the reason behind this build.

Rather than Vault - Tumble I prefer Smoke Screen - Displacement.

I have the quiver Holy Point Shot which makes impale two additional knives.

In the Kanai's Cube Weapon slot I have Karlei's Point which increases damage of impale by 375% and returns 15 hatred if enemy is already impaled. As per the build I have Frostburn & Ring of Royal Grandeur in the other two slots.

I replaced the Cluster Arrow right mouse button with Impale Overpenetration which is cold damage.

I'm using the bow Windforce which has 45.7% chance of knockback and the Bracers Strongarm which causes knockback to give 29% extra damage for 6 seconds.

At this point, you might as well just play Impale build with Shadow's set. You're trying to combine two sets that don't really have any reason to be combined, since they feature completely different playstyles. The Impale build ignores the majority of trash, instead hunting packs/elites and skipping most of the rift. On the other hand, Marauder groups up as many enemies as possible and uses spread damage to slowly whittle them down. 

Hi,

i'm using this build regularily, it's actually the dh build with which i manage the highest grs (99 at the moment).
I have a few questions  about how to execute it best.

1 -> How does Zei's vengeance work with sentry dmg ? Does it consider distance between player and monster or distance between sentry and monster ? Still couldn't see well enough the difference, and the difference is 70% dmg so ....

2 -> Is frostburn really the best item to use in cube ? I imagined that witching hour equipped, with zoey's in the cube would achieve more dmg, even if it does not  freeze monsters with RoV.

3 -> about hatred gestion : cluster arrow is costly despite 40% HCR, and i wonder what routine others are using : i generally shoot 3-4 times with evasive fire, then 3-4 times cluster, then RoV, and loop till companion can be triggered and then i go wild and enjoy the hatred boost to install some new sentries. How do you play it ?

4 -> and last, what do you think of these stats ? some too low, or uselessly too high ?

- Cooldown Reduction 15%, hatred cost reduction 40%

- cold dmg +60%, cluster dmg +15%

- crit chance 50%, crit dmg +470%

Thanks a lot for the website btw, it's definitly useful !!

I wish d3 Sentry builds function Sentry as actual damage dealer instead of being a damage buffer. Would be fun

Edited by Kaelos

1 hour ago, Kaelos said:

I wish d3 Sentry builds function Sentry as actual damage dealer instead of being a damage buffer. Would be fun

I agree, still fun though. I like rifts that are open and full of mobs  the build works best for me. Cubed up layouts I have to be careful. I also have a gold /DB variation for farming. It has worked well.

Cheers

• Like 1

First, just wanted to say that I've loved the guides/recommendations you guys present here on Icyveins. I wanted to ask how this sort of build stacks up in hardcore/console/groups?

I rarely ever come across guides that would involve group play on a console, much less of the hardcore variant. As a result, I see a lot of builds that focus on dps, and not so much about balancing dps with defense. Would there be any direct suggestions for something like this?

On ‎1‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 8:26 AM, Blainie said:

You can't use LoN with Danetta + Marauders. If you have another set active, LoN does nothing.

With the set build your using the endless waltz set. LON is passively good when shooting for maximum damage but is limited due to the need for ancient pieces. Danettas switches backflip to a hatred base burn which speeds up the build and with hellcat waistguard your grenade damage is amplified. Wrist is an optional reaper wraps for resource gain or wraps of clarity for mitigation in between rains of vengenance 

On ‎1‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 8:26 AM, Blainie said:

Is Loaded for Bear better than Maelstrom?

Why not switch Ballistics to Grenadier instead of Single Out?

Why not use Magefist instead of Cindercoat? Magefist actually increases DPS.

This is far and away the worst build I've ever tried using. How the hell is this top tier?

With nearly full, well-rolled ancients I couldn't even come close to finishing a 90 rift. I died so many times I lost count. Couldn't kill trash, couldn't skip the trash to find elites without getting slaughtered. I didn't even make it to the damn guardian, gave up after nearly half an hour of banging my head against the wall.

Is there some mysterious secret to making this work or is it an early April Fools prank? For the life of me I can't fathom how anyone could see this as being better than the alternatives. So am I just doing it wrong or what? What exactly is the playstyle supposed to be, 'cause god knows I can't figure it out.

2 hours ago, Guest Stealthrider said:

This is far and away the worst build I've ever tried using. How the hell is this top tier?

It's not, top push season and non season is unhallowed essence multishot.

On 3/5/2018 at 8:55 AM, Guest Stealthrider said:

With nearly full, well-rolled ancients I couldn't even come close to finishing a 90 rift. I died so many times I lost count. Couldn't kill trash, couldn't skip the trash to find elites without getting slaughtered. I didn't even make it to the damn guardian, gave up after nearly half an hour of banging my head against the wall.

Is there some mysterious secret to making this work or is it an early April Fools prank? For the life of me I can't fathom how anyone could see this as being better than the alternatives. So am I just doing it wrong or what? What exactly is the playstyle supposed to be, 'cause god knows I can't figure it out.

Git gud, noob.  And clearly you're playing the build wrong.  You must be accustomed builds that are elite hunters exclusively.  This is not that kind of build.  It's a "nuke everything" build.  You're not supposed to skip the trash to find the elites.  Kill. Everything.  Also you're supposed to be dropping sentries in advance of your own movement (who will start attacking anything close by, giving you a heads up; and they'll slow down anything trying to pass by) and using vault to avoid the rushers and to move quickly between packs if you want to leave a few stragglers or have a low density rift.  Templar is probably your best companion choice for this build, because he'll rush headlong into packs ahead of you and draw aggro.

On 3/12/2018 at 2:48 AM, Guest git gud said:

Git gud, noob.  And clearly you're playing the build wrong.  You must be accustomed builds that are elite hunters exclusively.  This is not that kind of build.  It's a "nuke everything" build.  You're not supposed to skip the trash to find the elites.  Kill. Everything.  Also you're supposed to be dropping sentries in advance of your own movement (who will start attacking anything close by, giving you a heads up; and they'll slow down anything trying to pass by) and using vault to avoid the rushers and to move quickly between packs if you want to leave a few stragglers or have a low density rift.  Templar is probably your best companion choice for this build, because he'll rush headlong into packs ahead of you and draw aggro.

And you of course are super pro at top of the ladder coming to icy veins in order to insult other people. Hilarious.

How comes moderation even approves such shitty posts?

On ‎3‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 2:03 PM, Guest you are right said:

It's not, top push season and non season is unhallowed essence multishot.

Currently it is, yes, for seasonal, but for non seasonal I see this build doing the best. (for current patch)
Most of the builds pushing over 100 for DH on this season seem to be one of these two builds. Until we get a bit further into the season we probably wont see a clear cut winner, because these builds may change a few here and there.

Comparing these two builds has to do a lot with play style, plus when it comes down to it, I think multi-shot is to easy of a build to play. Granted MS is what I'm playing this season, but that's just because I enjoy speed clearing 70's with friends to help gear people out.

People should just play whatever they enjoy. If the two builds are very close to power level, just play whatever one you enjoy most. Its not like everyone in here will be pushing 110's+ every day. If you are content pushing to 100's and playing with friends, trying to get all ancients and get lucky on primals; both of the builds should work for that.

On ‎3‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 1:04 PM, Guest oh lawd said:

How comes moderation even approves such shitty posts?

How come I see your post then? :^)

23 hours ago, Guest BlackDemonFang said:

Currently it is, yes, for seasonal, but for non seasonal I see this build doing the best. (for current patch)

Check EU leaderboards, no one uses US as reference.

Hey Folks,

Any suggestions on how to make this work with a Xbox One ? Is it even possible to approach the damage in this build without the extra button? Or could anyone point me to an xbox forum. I haven't pulled the trigger on the PC game. I was just a casual but then I found out about seasonals and it brought me back to the game. I am currently ranked around 7000 in the leader boards and would like to goose it a little bit. If I can finish in the top 10,000 I would be happy.

On 01/04/2018 at 5:23 PM, Guest Console Peasant... said:

Hey Folks,

Any suggestions on how to make this work with a Xbox One ? Is it even possible to approach the damage in this build without the extra button? Or could anyone point me to an xbox forum. I haven't pulled the trigger on the PC game. I was just a casual but then I found out about seasonals and it brought me back to the game. I am currently ranked around 7000 in the leader boards and would like to goose it a little bit. If I can finish in the top 10,000 I would be happy.

Hummm, extra button? 

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.