Damien

Zunimassa Gargantuan Witch Doctor

12 posts in this topic

This thread is for comments about our Zunimassa Gargantuan Witch Doctor build guide.

Why Convention of ElementsConvention of Elements on a build that will primarily rely on your Gargantuans, which don't really care for timing? Wouldn't it be better to use Ring of Royal GrandeurRing of Royal Grandeur so you can afford to have both Tasker and TheoTasker and Theo alongside Mask of JeramMask of Jeram? This arguably would help more.

Also, while I get why you use FirebatsFirebatsVampire BatsVampire Bats to allow for Mantle of ChannelingMantle of Channeling, I think that using Grasp of the DeadGrasp of the DeadUnbreakable GraspUnbreakable Grasp would be handier due to superior range, the slow, and synergy with Wilken's ReachWilken's Reach. It's certainly worked for me so far, letting me stay safer.

On ‎2017‎-‎12‎-‎15 at 4:49 AM, darkdill said:

Why Convention of ElementsConvention of Elements on a build that will primarily rely on your Gargantuans, which don't really care for timing? Wouldn't it be better to use Ring of Royal GrandeurRing of Royal Grandeur so you can afford to have both Tasker and TheoTasker and Theo alongside Mask of JeramMask of Jeram? This arguably would help more.

Both options are viable but I too prefer the route of ToT when it comes to Gargs since I feel it helps more with trash.

On ‎2017‎-‎12‎-‎15 at 4:49 AM, darkdill said:

I think that using Grasp of the DeadGrasp of the DeadUnbreakable GraspUnbreakable Grasp would be handier due to superior range, the slow, and synergy with Wilken's ReachWilken's Reach.

This I'm confused about, how would you wear both Tasker and Wilkens since Zunimassa doesn't have set shoulders?

As a preference I find the survivability with the 25% DR on Mantle along with Life from the bats is great since it's a good boost to damage but again that would be preference to player style but I still don't understand how you would fit the offhand since Zunimassa needs the set offhand?

17 hours ago, Arkpit said:

This I'm confused about, how would you wear both Tasker and Wilkens since Zunimassa doesn't have set shoulders?

As a preference I find the survivability with the 25% DR on Mantle along with Life from the bats is great since it's a good boost to damage but again that would be preference to player style but I still don't understand how you would fit the offhand since Zunimassa needs the set offhand?

I use Ring of Royal GrandeurRing of Royal Grandeur in my cube to maintain the 6pc bonus, and use Zunimassa's PoxZunimassa's Pox. This unfortunately means I can't use Endless Walk, but then again my variation is better for farming, not GR's. As a result, I'd advise using a Hellfire Amulet of IntelligenceHellfire Amulet of Intelligence for the setup.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, darkdill said:

I use Ring of Royal GrandeurRing of Royal Grandeur in my cube to maintain the 6pc bonus, and use Zunimassa's PoxZunimassa's Pox. This unfortunately means I can't use Endless Walk, but then again my variation is better for farming, not GR's. As a result, I'd advise using a Hellfire Amulet of IntelligenceHellfire Amulet of Intelligence for the setup.

For farming I would not argue with this at all but that at least explains it :)

For GR's though there is no room for that since the Endless Walk is too important which would make the Grasp+Wilkens too weak in damage even though it's much safer which I completely agree on.

7 hours ago, Arkpit said:

For farming I would not argue with this at all but that at least explains it :)

For GR's though there is no room for that since the Endless Walk is too important which would make the Grasp+Wilkens too weak in damage even though it's much safer which I completely agree on.

Yes, in GR's, there's really no room for Grasp of the DeadGrasp of the Dead due to its inability to stack and weak damage. In that case, FirebatsFirebats is the better option.

Edited by darkdill

11 hours ago, Boothen said:

I'm currently in the process of creating a build around this set, can somebody tell me if the Fetish Sycophants spawned from the Belt of TranscendenceBelt of Transcendence cause the damage reduction from the 4-piece set bonus to proc?

Yes, all fetishes count towards the set bonus regardless if it's from the belt or the Fetish SycophantsFetish Sycophants passive.

However, regardless of how you mix and match your gear, the max fetish count is always going to be 23. So you will not gain anything by having both belt and the passive. There have been discussions about the passive having been "ninja nerfed", since 2 seasons back it has been nearly impossible to keep the fetish count up anymore with it so the belt is more reliable right now.

Edited by Arkpit

Hi, just a short question: Does the Zuni 6-pice Bonus also apply to the spirit barrage phantasm-playstyle? If so, might be worth looking into...

For those seeking a pet-build that actualy works, i'm running season 14 with a 6-piece Zuni and 4-piece Helltooth set. Because the Zuni is a 7 piece set there is enough room to get the 4-piece set bonus of any other set using RoRG. I'm running with the following set items (slots inter changable depending on drop). Using Grasp of the undead to trigger the 6-piece set bonus from zuni and the 4-piece set bonus from helltooth. Makes for a realy sturdy build. Have zombie dogs for the dmg reduction and extra dps (no garg) and using big bad voodoo for extra dps when needed. Using the fierce loalty and the midnight feast to buff my zombie dogs. The speed bonus helpt with group rfts.

Running high level GR solo with no problem at all. Still leveling the gems and set items. Have almost no anciets and already everything melts away on the onslaught of my 23 fetisch and 5 zombie dogs. Check out my season build; Okubi

• Helm: Zunimassa 
  • Shoulders: Helltooth 
  • Gloves: Zunimassa 
  • Chest: Helltooth 
  • Belt: Belt of Transcendence
  • Pants: Zunimassa 
  • Boots: Helltooth 
  • Bracers: any
  • Amulet: Hellfire
  • Ring 1: Zunimassa 
  • Ring 2: Any
  • Weapon: Starmetal Kukri
  • Offhand: Zunimassa 

3.2. Legendary Gems

3.3. Kanai's Cube

• Weapon Slot: Wilken reach
  • Armor Slot: Mask of Jeram
  • Jewelry Slot: Ring of Royal Grandeur

Belt of transcendance will spawn 0 fetishy with Spirit Barrage spellcast. WHen are they gonna fix it?

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.